I_ziz is offline Ithiopian Yodite / Militia

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0
      Given: 0/0

Reported Post by I_ziz

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      I_ziz has reported a post.

Reason:
      As a Militia, it is irresponsible and not at all amusing to encourage this kind of behaviour towards any Queen.
      Post: What are some of the best "conscious"movies you've seen??
      Forum: Conscious Edutainment - Videos - Movies - TV
      Assigned Moderators: Vic da god

Posted by: Vic da god
      Original Content:
      Quote Originally Posted by Walk Wit Me View Post
      don't hate on his "swag" b.

lmao, sorry. (I never use that word btw)
      LMAO U mad funny.

Fenix is offline aFROdemic

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

Maybe I'm not thinking of this the right way but I think the word Walk Wit Me was referring to was "swag". Isn't "b" like saying homie or something of that nature?

I don't think this was an insult. Benefit of the doubt?

Maybe it's just me.
      "Oh Africa! When shall be the term of thy long degradation? Behold here, even now, I pledge thee, O my Mother, that I shall devote my years to thee, shall work for thy redemption, shall love thee and be proud of thee and glory in thy power now lying dormant and shall strive to bring it to the light. Take my youth, my labors, my love, my all and do thou when I shall have died for thee, take me to thy bosom, an untamed, untamable African." -Hubert Harrison

DJ RBG is offline S1W-Insurgent

Thumbs Up/Down

Walk With Me should clear up what he meant by "B" I will pm him and find out
      " Fried, Baked, Grilled, Boiled Or Smoked, The Only Good Pig, Is A Dead Pig...Fuck The Holice!!!"

Walk Wit Me is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
      Maybe I'm not thinking of this the right way but I think the word Walk Wit Me was referring to was "swag". Isn't "b" like saying homie or something of that nature?

I don't think this was an insult. Benefit of the doubt?

Maybe it's just me.
      Reasoning is a waste of time.

People already have their minds set.

Sourakhata is offline Proud Son of West Afrika

Thumbs Up/Down

By just putting "b" he allows the possibility to convey a double meaning 'blood' or 'b!tch'. To me it's intentional & deliberately equivocal. If not he should have answered the Queen's question to clear all doubts or misunderstanding, but he did not.

And no matter what game they play
      We got something they could never take away
      And it's the fire (fire), it's the fire (fire)
      That's burning down everything
      Feel that fire (fire), the fire (fire)
      No water could put out this fire (fire)

Thumbs Up/Down

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Walk Wit Me View Post
      Reasoning is a waste of time.

People already have their minds set.
      If this was true, you know how we roll, your head would be off by now...
      " Fried, Baked, Grilled, Boiled Or Smoked, The Only Good Pig, Is A Dead Pig...Fuck The Holice!!!"

Fenix is offline aFROdemic

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

All I can do is add my two cents. I know Bro. Walk Wit Me doesn't need me to speak for him and I don't want to guess at any of his feelings. But, I think there is a problem when people act on a percieved insult before the insultor has had time to respond. Someone questioned that brother's dedication to our people in that thread. If it had been me and someone had possibly misconstrued what I said I probably would have shot back like a smart ass also. Again, let me say that I don't mean to speak for Walk Wit Me, this is just the way I thought about the thread.

The bottom line is that we are all from different places which means we use words differently. For that reason, in my opinion, if there is a misconception (even the tiniest one) about what is said, we should take a step back and allow time for an explanation.

Watching Walk Wit Me on the forum, the last thing that came to mind was that he was calling that sister a bitch. He has never (to my knowledge) blatantly disrespected a woman on the forum. On those same lines, we all should know that he has no problems saying what he means flat out.

I just want to offer up a different view of what was going on in that thread.

Whew this was long winded...sorry about that.
      "Oh Africa! When shall be the term of thy long degradation? Behold here, even now, I pledge thee, O my Mother, that I shall devote my years to thee, shall work for thy redemption, shall love thee and be proud of thee and glory in thy power now lying dormant and shall strive to bring it to the light. Take my youth, my labors, my love, my all and do thou when I shall have died for thee, take me to thy bosom, an untamed, untamable African." -Hubert Harrison

Walk Wit Me is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by DJ RBG View Post
      If this was true, you know how we roll, your head would be off by now...
      TubeChop - The Lance Shabazz Show # 114 part 5 (05:53)

Jalili is offline Continuing the Fight

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0

All I'm going to say is we can't be trigger happy when it comes to our own.

We should know each other (the regulars) enough by now to aleast know who will say what and what meanings are behind what.

From what I read it look like two or MORE wrongs in the whole thing. Some one talked about what they owned some one had to make a comment about that person wasted their money on tv's and stuff when they could have spent that on their people, then another person made a joke that was taken out of context because the follow up sentence...."don't hate on his "swag" b.

lmao, sorry. (I never use that word btw)"

The part about "Not using that word" might have thrown ANYONE for a loop if they didn't know that "b" is used in some place in the context of (Buddy, Blood, Boi, etc.)

So lets all just laugh this big misunderstanding up and go on with our lives.

Obviously there is nothing but love here from all directions.
      "We may be investigated, incarcerated or murdered for the things we dare to write...
      But we are young and Black, fearless and free...
      Every poem, every incandescent word is a personal revolution"
      Celeste "ayasha" Golden (my queen rest well and I'll see you when I get there.)
      http://awrittenlifeapoeticsoul.blogspot.com/
      http://justiseverything.blogspot.com/

TheStruggle is offline Self I

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0

wow..............................

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Jalili View Post
      All I'm going to say is we can't be trigger happy when it comes to our own.

We should know each other (the regulars) enough by now to aleast know who will say what and what meanings are behind what.

From what I read it look like two or MORE wrongs in the whole thing. Some one talked about what they owned some one had to make a comment about that person wasted their money on tv's and stuff when they could have spent that on their people, then another person made a joke that was taken out of context because the follow up sentence...."don't hate on his "swag" b.

lmao, sorry. (I never use that word btw)"

The part about "Not using that word" might have thrown ANYONE for a loop if they didn't know that "b" is used in some place in the context of (Buddy, Blood, Boi, etc.)

So lets all just laugh this big misunderstanding up and go on with our lives.

Obviously there is nothing but love here from all directions.
      "B" is never used in referring to a Sister, don't get it twisted, you have never heard anyone refer to a Sister with the term "B" added. Uptop where its used the most, it has always meant "Brother" this practice started in the 80s... so its my view that an apology/explanation is in order, nothing less.

Langalibalele is offline Honorable Ancestor

Little Haiti, Pittsburgh aka Amerikaz Black Colony
      Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

I read the thread and it got more heated than the comment posted here. I think there was some disrespect towards the sisters, altho I am sure that Walk Wit Me was not using "b" to say "bitch". As Jalili says, and if you read the thread, that part of the exchange was between Vic da God and Walk Wit Me. The conversation by the two brothers was not respectful towards the sisters as it took a dismissive tone, they took no initiative to defuse the situation, and there was no self-criticism from them to fix the misunderstanding. I think that needs to be stated because a self-criticism will bring clarity and settle any misunderstandings. I have to defend our sisters. We can bump heads, but we cannot dismiss anybody because we are finding great stuff to post or because we think we are indispensable. That is a fallacy and an indefensible position, not to mention sexist and egotistical. I can run it down some more if Walk Wit Me and Vic da God lack a proper background in revolutionary principles and discipline. You need me to say it, I will. Not picking on the brothers, I dig them quite a bit, yet everybody needs to hear from them what their position is on this. I dug the thread and it is not all being presented in this thread tho anybody can go back and read it and I unite fully with the sisters call for respect. I challenge anybody to disrespect our sisters. You will get the smack down. You cannot step up in any black revolutionary formation, from the Panthers onward, and not get an ideological ass whuppin if you call a sister-comrade "babe" or behave as if she is not your equal in all things political. If any brothers on this site do not take the initiative, and I am not saying they aren't, because they may lack clarity or have bonded with Vic and Walk, that is unprincipled. Which is not so say we cannot mix it up or that a black woman cannot take a weak position on an issue, just as vice versa. But the problem right now on this topic is not the position of the African woman, it is the position of the African man. I believe the brothers, both of them, need to straighten out their line and make it right to respect everybody on this forum. That is my position.
      Build a World Wide Palenque:
      Communities of Resistance!

Mbantunyankompong and Kilombo Republic

Thread Information