Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Savage is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0
      Given: 0/0

Site Admin-What's up with my avatar?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      I logged in today and found that I had been assigned an avatar. It's not the one you are seeing right now-I had to change it right away. I guess everyone has to have one, as it appears a well-meaning administrator gave me one since I didn't choose one when I signed up. Unfortunately, it was a pic of Russell Means who is a no-good, wife-beating, politically confused piece of odat-though most non-NDNs just know him as an AIM spokesperson. I most certainly didn't want to be represented in this forum by his low-life self, so I just spent a whole lotta time resizing an image so that it would fit the requirements when I should be going to bed. I'm really not angry, but I would've appreciated an email or PM letting me know I needed to choose one to be on the site.

XXPANTHAXX is offline Organizer

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 29/0
      Given: 142/1

Talking

Warrior that former avatar was assigned by me, it was in solidarity Russell Means was the image..Warrior Leonard works for us too.. Uhuru..
      Nov 2, 2015 "Assata Shakur Liberation Day" marks 36 yrs of freedom for our Comrade Assata Shakur, Our Warrior was liberated from a NJ prison by Comrades In The Black Liberation Army click here to read more or here www.assatashakur.com

rebelAfrika is offline Pan-Africanism or Perish!

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0

Quote Originally Posted by savage
      I logged in today and found that I had been assigned an avatar. It's not the one you are seeing right now-I had to change it right away. I guess everyone has to have one, as it appears a well-meaning administrator gave me one since I didn't choose one when I signed up. Unfortunately, it was a pic of Russell Means who is a no-good, wife-beating, politically confused piece of odat-though most non-NDNs just know him as an AIM spokesperson. I most certainly didn't want to be represented in this forum by his low-life self, so I just spent a whole lotta time resizing an image so that it would fit the requirements when I should be going to bed. I'm really not angry, but I would've appreciated an email or PM letting me know I needed to choose one to be on the site.
      I don't know who gave you the Russell Means avatar, but no, you do not have to have an avatar if you do not want one. Is Russell Means still a spokesperson for AIM? I'm not an Indian but when I think of Russell Means, I think of his affiliation with AIM "IN THE PAST" (and I was unaware of the more personal aspects of his life that you pointed out). I do not know what his current relationship with AIM is but I've had the pleasure of meeting Wa Bu Inini and Red Crow before and I am a supporter of AIM all the way. In fact, there are several of us in here who support AIM and the struggles of the indigenous people of the western hemisphere.

rebelAfrika is offline Pan-Africanism or Perish!

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0

Quote Originally Posted by XXPANTHAXX
      Warrior that former avatar was assigned by me, it was in solidarity Russell Means was the image..Warrior Leonard works for us too.. Uhuru..
      BOOM! Pantha's already on it.

Thread Information