Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
      aiyoka is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0
      Given: 0/0

Dr. Sebi's Healing Village in Honduras

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      Greetings Sisters and Brothers:

I was fortunate enough to be able to visit the USHA Healing Village in Honduras. It was truly a blessing to be able to see Dr. Sebi's work in person. The people in the surrounding villages have many stories to tell of how Sebi has healed their loved ones. I have included the following link so that you can view my pictures.

http://www.pbase.com/nkiru/usha_healing_village

A typical day at the village will include drinking bitter herbs three times a day (morning, noon, and evening). There is a natural sauna and thermal baths. The difference between hot and thermal springs is that thermal springs are “precipitated by volcanic activity, which means that the water has a high concentration of sulphur and phosphorous. Not so for a hot spring. A hot spring is precipitated through a bed of geolite that’s under the ground and as you know geolite is a mineral that boils water - that doesn’t necessarily make it thermal…one has sulphur and phosphorous and oxygen in large amounts…It means that the body is receiving a large amount of hydrogen iron concentration that relaxes the body immediately. It plays a very good role on the central nervous system – stress is gone immediately after you enter the water.”

The atmosphere is perfect and conducive for fasting and relaxing. The vegan meals are prepared fresh and are excellent and tasty.

Please come back to the forum and let me know what you think of the pictures and if you have any questions about the village. Note: Most of the pictures are from Dr. Sebi's village; toward the end there are some photo's from Roatan, one of the Bay Islands which are also a part of Honduras. Dr. Sebi's village is on the mainland.

I highly recommend that if you are able to travel to Honduras that you visit the village. One of the great wonders of travel (to Honduras or anywhere elso) is that a journey far from home can actually take us deep inside ourselves. When we surround ourselves with new locations, the dusty tangles of everyday worries and responsibilites drop away, and we see our lives in a new light. With this release, a vacation becomes more than just "time off". After all, the word vacation comes from the Latin word vacare, which means "to be empty or free". A journey from home is the quickest, most effective route to this very special kind of freedom. It not only offers the opportunity to "empty" yourself, but to fill up with more positive ways of being.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.

Peace & Healing,

Aiyoka

Also see:

www.drsebi.com
      If interested in obtaining further information regarding Dr. Sebi's Herbal Products and the Healing Center in Honduras, please call his office at (310) 838-2490 or visit his website at www.drsebi.com

MySpace URL:

http://www.myspace.com/drsebi
      Last edited by aiyoka; 04-08-2008 at 06:26 PM.

starlight is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0

Your pictures are beautiful. I've always wanted to visit the village. Is it very costly?

Thumbs Up/Down

Thanks! It can be costly to get there, if you don't plan ahead. The flights are limited to Honduras so they usually charge higher rates. If you're flying from the East Coast you can usually get some great rates.

Once you arrive in Honduras it is very inexpensive. The cost at the USHA village will just depend on your needs. You can usually negotiate that with the Fig Tree office prior to departure. Honestly, I don't recall how much I paid ... but the cost included all of my herbs, the sauna, sulphur baths, and vegan meals.

I will see if I can locate the price information. I just had someone invite me to go with a group. If I still have the e-mail, I will see if there was a price listed. That's also a great way to go (financially) ... if you can get a group to go. Personally, I prefer to go alone or with my husband. The seclusion of the village is a great way to bond with yourself or someone very special to you (your other self).

Peace.

Nefertiti is offline TOO BLACK TOO STRONG!!!

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 2/0
      Given: 5/0

Hmmmm

It looks nice there... No distractions of city life

freedom4me is offline Warrioress

Thumbs Up/Down

greetings

I have a couple of dvd's that dr. sebi has out. he is amazing. I'm going to see the pix in a minute.
      aiyoka, i'm not being nosy, but I do have a question based on a prior message which is, did you go there to heal a particular issue or can you go to the village just to be in the healing environment; the natural saunas and veggie meals, etc?

just wondering

peace

Thumbs Up/Down

beautiful pixx thanks for sharing

Thumbs Up/Down

Talking

Thanks for the response.

I don't mind you asking at all. I initially became interested in African Holistic Health because of a skin condition that I've had since I was in my teenage years. I spent many years going to dermatologist who would give me injections, and ointments containing steroids. I was told that I had atopic dermatitis, eczema, and that I was in the early stages of psoriasis. It was basically a guessing game. I would use the drugs/prescriptions and experience temporary progress and then my condition would worsen ... my skin would flare up even worse than before I went to the doctor. My skin was so bad that I was constantly itching ... even in my sleep ... I would wake up bleeding because I actually scratched in my sleep. I guess it was like living my life in an ant bed ... It is hard to concentrate when you are always itching. So, this started my search for a solution.

As I started learning about African Holistic health, first through Dr. Afrika, then through Dr. Sebi ... I realized that I was causing my skin conditon because of the foods that I eat. Being that your skin is the largest organ of the body ... I was taking in so many toxins that skin blemishes and outbreaks was my bodys way of trying to get rid of all the toxins. After I began to overstand this ... I began to make changes. I eliminated pork and redmeat from my diet first ... then chicken and fish. My skin condition greatly improved and I lost about 20lbs. After nine months ... I decided to take it a step further and eliminate refined sugars, white sugar, white bread , white rice, etc... and all dairy products. The elimination of dairy products is where i saw the greatest improvements and increase in energy. And I lost an additional 30 lbs. I felt Great! So, I continuted the lifestyle to this date.

After making the changes I began to explore other cultures and their foods. Most other cultures eat way more vegetables than the western diet and more of a variety too. When I travel I try to learn how to prepare these foods and I'm amazed that when I come back to the states... I can usually find these foods availalble in the produce .. it's just that I didn't know what they were before. When I was at the village in Honduras, I would actually go in the kitchen and watch the food preparation so that I could come back and prepare my meals. One of my favorites was soaking tamarind beans and then adding maple syrup to make a sweet drink that taste just like kool-aid. There are all types of great tasting natural foods and drinks that we can enjoy ... we just need to learn how to prepare them.That's just the start of what I've learned. I enjoy foods from many cultures like Ethiopian, Thai, Indian, Mediterranean, and Jamaican.

I have met many people who have went to the village for many purposes. When my husband and I would take the sulphur baths we would meet locals that would come to the village for baths and they would tell us how they had cancer or some other illness and were cured with the herbs and baths. And they still return for their herbs and baths. There was also a lady staying there at the same time we were there and she had a severe case of arthritis that had her in a wheel chair when she came. By the time we left... about three weeks later... we saw her walking around the village ...although she was walking slowly, she had made great improvements by drinking the bitter herbs, taking the bath and eating a vegan diet. Becase of course the bitters help get the bad stuff out of our system ... but by eating a healthy diet she was also not putting in the bad stuff as well... and was giving her body a chance to heal itself. It was amazing to be there and see that for myself. But, it also had a major effect on me because I know that so many people suffer needlessly from dis-ease and there are cures and ways that we can help ourselves. And many of us want to help ourselves but we just don't know how.

Thumbs Up/Down

Oh and to answer your question ... which was my original intention ... before I went off on my tangent. Yes, you can go to the village for whatever your purpose is.

Thumbs Up/Down

Sista, this a very very good thread!! Asante sana for the information.

Sheena is offline Premium Member

Thumbs Up/Down

Hey yea i have wanted to travel to the healing village but i did not know the ways about doing this me and my mom and my sister and some other people would be going to the village but anyway very good pictures
      Sheena Simmons

jahaanm2 is offline Premium Member

Thumbs Up/Down

help

Does anyone kno how to get to the healing villagee does it cost do u have tobe a certen age???

Thumbs Up/Down

Getting to the Village.

From the States you would probably fly into San Pedro Sula, Honduras. Then from there, you catch a "puddle jumper" (the small plane in the first pic) to La Ceiba. The flight is about 45 minutes, but seems shorter because of the awe of the beauty of the land and the green lush mountains. Once you arrive in La Ceiba the USHA village is still another 45 minutes away. If you plan ahead to go to the village, you can arrange for someone to pick you up at the airport in LaCeiba. Or you can take a taxi to the USHA village ... I've never met a taxi driver who did not know where Sebi's village is. I always offered $20 for the trip ... because its quite a long trip and remember the driver has to return to the city even after he drops you off.

As long as you can get there ... there is no age limit or requirement. They can help anyone.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Also see:

www.drsebi.com

http://www.myspace.com/drsebi
      Last edited by aiyoka; 03-23-2008 at 10:31 PM.

Thumbs Up/Down

greetings all

aiyoka, thanks for sharing. i've never even heard of tamarind? beans. i'm learning all the time. what do they look like and how do you prepare the sweet drink? now i'm wondering if that's something that's sold in the U.S. I have a weakness for sweet things, but I basically have given up white sugar also. I use honey or an agave sweetner now. but that drink sounds interesting, do you remember a recipe?

peace

Thumbs Up/Down

This is not the best photo, but it should help you locate it in the grocery store. Most grocery stores that I go to have them, if not find out where the ethnic grocers are in your area. The tamarind is native to tropical Africa, but Indian, Jamaican, Mexican, and Latin American grocers should have them.

I don't have an exact recipe. But, I can tell you that I usually take a pitcher (about 1/2 gallon) and fill it with water. Peel the tamarind beans (15-20) by removing the hard shell. Toss the tamarind beans in the water to soak (for about 2 or 3 hours maybe even shorter). I stick my hands in the picture and squeeze each bean before removing, then add maple syrup to sweeten to taste and stir or shake.

I found this on a website with interesting info about the tamarind:

Tamarind ade has long been a popular drink in the Tropics and it is now bottled in carbonated form in Guatemala, Mexico, Puerto Rico and elsewhere. Formulas for the commercial production of spiced tamarind beverages have been developed by technologists in India. The simplest home method of preparing the ade is to shell the fruits, place 3 or 4 in a bottle of water, let stand for a short time, add a tablespoonful of sugar and shake vigorously. For a richer beverage, a quantity of shelled tamarinds may be covered with a hot sugar sirup and allowed to stand several days (with or without the addition of seasonings such as cloves, cinnamon, allspice, ginger, pepper or lime slices) and finally diluted as desired with ice water and strained.

http://www.hort.purdue.edu/newcrop/morton/tamarind.html

jahaanm2 is offline Premium Member

Thumbs Up/Down

does anyone kno how to find out how much it cost to go to the village are where i can get the information from

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 09-08-2013, 07:48 PM
    2. 08-20-2013, 11:40 PM
    3. 02-04-2013, 08:33 AM
    4. 02-01-2013, 04:27 AM
    5. 01-24-2013, 01:08 PM
    6. 10-08-2012, 08:57 PM
    7. 09-02-2011, 07:31 PM
    8. 07-29-2011, 07:46 PM
    9. 06-19-2011, 02:14 PM
    10. 04-07-2011, 11:55 PM