THE POWER AND MIRACLE OF PRAYER
Psalms of Prayer & Praise

Part 58: Psalms 123: God of Heaven “Have Mercy”
In the name of God Master, of the Universe, Ruler of the earth
Editors Note: We pray always for the righteous and the unrighteous. Meanwhile we see as God has the big eyes that many men as we liveth see not the poor and the middle-class. Especially those that attempt an existence on fixed incomes and those jobless and under-employed that live from pay check to pay check payday to payday. However the way of the world that is devoured by Satan breeds and fixes Machiavellian men on materialism and a selfish desire centered on self. Thus we thank God for the prayer of mercy for all that liveth especially those that render many too poor to live and to po to die.
Greetings Brethren,

Peace be unto you. To the Church (the Church of Christ Jesus the Prophets and Apostles) and believing Christians everywhere. To those that believe in the Bible (the Spirit of God) as the supreme authority that governs all of humankind. In this we give thanks to God the Father the Son and the Holy Spirit that leads and guides us the straightway. We also come with no material motive or gain or profit from rendering the Truth of God. Those called to great service are given the greatest prosperity that exists by God and not man.

The 123rd Psalm is a plea for the mercy of God. As we look and wait on the Lord we realize where our help comes from. Lord have mercy for we are weak we are also torn by the scorn of the lost. However we know that you Master have all power for this we are eternally grateful.

There are 4 verses in our primary scripture taken from Psalms 123 we will begin with the first verse.

Psalms 123: 1: “Unto thee lift I up mine eyes, O thou that dwellest in the heavens.”
The word heavens is used in a figurative sense here. However the primary point is that the Lord dwells high and above all other things. Thus I look to Heaven as I call out my pleas in prayer.

At Psalms 11:4 we find a cross reference to our primary verse taken from Psalms 123:1. Psalms 11 has 7 verses written by David. When we trust in the Lord we can face any problems thus we have a comforter in times of trouble. “The Lord is in his holy temple the Lord’s throne is in heaven: his eyes behold, his eyelids try, the children of men.”

David was having many troubles but in spite of his trials he had full confidence in the Lord. In times of trouble as one builds a house to ward against the elements he looks for a sure and firm foundation. David realized a sure and firm foundation in the Lord. This foundation and power base was in heaven so in prayer he looked up. Meanwhile those that came against him were seen by God as His eyes and eyelids knew and saw all things. Justice and mercy comes from God good and bad.

We find another cross reference at the 141st Division of Psalms. This Psalm of David reveals a prayer for the help of the Lord when we face temptations. There are 10 verses in the Psalms and we suggest that you read and digest all of what the Lord has given us to see and feel at this place. The desires of the heart can lead to temptation if they are evil desires. We seek not help with temptation but pray for help and relief from thinking anything that may be seen as evil in the realm of desire. Now follow us to our primary verse for our discussion and verse 8.

Psalms 141: 8: “But mine eyes are unto thee, O God the Lord: in thee is my trust; leave not my soul destitute.”
David once again more than once cried out in an earnest prayer. Despite the worst afflictions David still maintained his trust in the Lord. Soul refers to the whole being. He prayed that he would not be entirely defeated. However he did not ask to be completely free of trials. Why? Yes, why did David receive forgiveness for his sins of murder and fornication but not relief for the stain of the sins with his family etc. As God forgets there is no divine nature in man, think on these things.

We resume our scripture lesson taken from our primary scripture at Psalms 123.

Psalms 123: 2: “Behold, as the eyes of servants look unto the hand of their masters, and as the eyes of a maiden unto the hand of her mistress; so our eyes wait upon the Lord our God until that he have mercy upon us.”
When one renders a service as a servant or maid they are paid or receive their reward at a certain time. We declare that those that serve God also are rewarded. This time also comes at a time that has been noted in the Bible. However we have peace and joy as we go through the peaceful storms of life.

At Malachi 1:6 we see another scriptural passage that notes the respect one is supposed to have for parents and servants for masters. We also remind you that the Prophet Malachi often talked directly to the priests throughout the 4 chapters that make up the Book of Malachi. Here we see an example of respect by the son and servant. Meanwhile God’s people did not respect Him. They also denied their guilt in this matter.

Psalms 123:3-4: “Have mercy upon us, O Lord, have mercy upon us; for we are exceedingly filled with contempt.” (Also see Psalms 79: 4 and 119:22)

David and his brethren were tired of the contempt and ridicule by their enemies. At Nehemiah 4 especially verses 1-6 we see another example where one of God’s chosen was ridiculed by the enemy. However Nehemiah as did David continued to pray. Meanwhile at Psalms 4: 1: we see that God will listen when we call on Him.
“Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness: thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer.”
God approves righteousness thus one cannot be righteous on their own. This same God will help the righteous out of distress.

At Psalms 51:1 we find another cross reference. We also suggest that you read and digest all of the verses found here to get an added blessing. “Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.”
Is the mercy of God for the guilty due to His lovingkindness? What of the merit and deeds of man? Can you earn God’s mercy?

123:4: “Our soul is exceedingly filled with the scorning of those that are at ease, and with the contempt of the proud.”
Many come spoiled by earthly materialism and things not of God. Soul refers to the man as a whole. Meanwhile scorning and contempt have virtually the same meaning. The materialistic people that came with a heart filled with contempt were proud. They showed an evil and negative attitude toward David and so do those today that come with scorn and contempt for those that stand on God’s Truth. Meanwhile we stand with David proud and sure in our faith. Therefore we know that we are one of God’s servants thus, we will be able to withstand any arrows that pierce the ground before and after us because our wounds have been healed by His stripes. Glory to God and Christ. Somebody shout Hallelujah.

Cont. Part 59: Psalms 44: We Hear & Know of The Victory Over Our Enemies In Prayer

Peace and Paradise,
Dr. Carl A. Patton writing for the FreedomJournal Press 7 March 2010 in the year of our Lord and Savior Christ Jesus.