Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0
      Given: 0/0

Black Apologetics White lies

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      Check out these negro preachers lying about our story

KRISHNA NOT EQUAL TO CHRIST

All About Horus: An Egyptian Copy of Christ? Response to Zeitgeist movie

Question: "Are you aware that the so-called history and saying of Jesus are not authentic and were copied from the mythological stories of the different Gods of Antiquity, such as Krishna of India, Ausar, Auset, and Heru of Ancient Kemit (Egypt) which pre-dated and existed THOUSANDS of years before the so-called Jesus, and THOUSANDS of years before the Bible? I ask again, are you teaching that the Bible is Holy?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Answer: This is not a fact and can be seen under close scrutiny. Many atheist sites utilize the scholarship that assert Jesus Christ never existed as a real, historical figure. Those who would teach such a thing are ignoring much of the historical data that is available concerning the time of Christ.

The "so-called" history and sayings of Jesus are indeed authentic and this is clearly demonstrated based on what we know about the scriptures and how they stack up against other literary works of antiquity.[1]

The idea/theory that Jesus is not actually a historical figure, and was derived from mythical "savior-god" stories of antiquity, has been circulating among atheists for a while now. They cite the same old sources for each article/book they produce. In the case of the deities that you mention, Gerald Massey, Geoffrey Higgins and Barbara Walker are the sources that are used for the most part. There are currently (that I am aware of) NO original citations from Egyptian/Indian records/sources.[2]

First of all, Christianity does not need any outside influences to derive any of its doctrines. All the doctrines of Christianity exists in the Old Testament where we can see the prophetic teachings of Jesus as the son of God (Zech. 12:10), born of a virgin (Isaiah 7:14), was crucified (Psalm 22), the blood atonement (Lev. 17:11), rose from the dead (Psalm 16:10), and salvation by faith (Hab. 2:4). Also, the writers of the gospels were eyewitnesses (or directed by eyewitnesses as were Mark and Luke) who accurately represented the life of Christ. So, what they did was write what Jesus taught as well as record the events of His life, death, and resurrection. In other words, they recorded history, actual events and had no need of fabrication or borrowing. [3]

There will undoubtedly be similarities in religious themes given the agrarian culture. Remember, an agriculturally based society, as was the people of the ancient Mediterranean area, will undoubtedly develop theological themes based upon observable events, i.e., the life, death, and seeming resurrection of life found in crops, in cattle, and in human life. It would only be natural for similar themes to unfold since they are observed in nature and since people created gods related to nature. But, any reading of the Old Testament results in observing the intrusion of God into Jewish history as is recorded in miracles and prophetic utterances. Add to that the incredible archaeological evidence verifying Old Testament cities and events and you have a document based on historical fact instead of mythical fabrication. Furthermore, it is from these Old Testament writings that the New Testament themes were developed.[4]

In addition to the above, there are other compelling reasons to reject the notion that Christianity was simply "lifted" from pagan sources:

Those who are even a little bit familiar with ancient literature, realize that the style of myths appear wholly different from the narratives of the New Testament. The narratives in the New Testament include names, places and dates and are regarded as authentic, historical documents. There also should be an acknowledgement that skeptical/liberal scholars exist who do not simply discard the New Testament as mythology with no historical value.

The language used to describe the traits of Krishna, Horus, Osiris, Isis, etc. are misleading. One liberal scholar illustrates how biased some writers are when they describe the pagan myth in Christian language: “The dead body of Osiris floated in the Nile and he returned to life, this being accomplished by a baptism in the waters of the Nile.”[5]

[Because of the liberal scholarship used] the alleged similarities, as well as the language used to describe them, turn out to be fabrications of the modern scholar and are not part of the original myth.[6]

There are several different versions of ancient myths and only one bible narrative. As believers we maintain that the originals were inspired and without error. As they exist today, they are 99.5% textually correct with only minor copyists errors. None of these errors affect the central/main doctrines.

Fine1952 is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 14/0

Great Topic!

Two other very excellent references of truth that expose the white lie are:

1. The World's Sixteen Crucified Saviors by Kersey Graves
      2. Christianity before Christ by John G Jackson

Majadi is offline Warrior

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0

Quote Originally Posted by hanibalshabazz360 View Post
      Many atheist sites utilize the scholarship that assert Jesus Christ never existed as a real, historical figure. Those who would teach such a thing are ignoring much of the historical data that is available concerning the time of Christ.

The "so-called" history and sayings of Jesus are indeed authentic and this is clearly demonstrated based on what we know about the scriptures and how they stack up against other literary works of antiquity.[1]

The idea/theory that Jesus is not actually a historical figure, and was derived from mythical "savior-god" stories of antiquity, has been circulating among atheists for a while now. They cite the same old sources for each article/book they produce. In the case of the deities that you mention, Gerald Massey, Geoffrey Higgins and Barbara Walker are the sources that are used for the most part. There are currently (that I am aware of) NO original citations from Egyptian/Indian records/sources.[2]

First of all, Christianity does not need any outside influences to derive any of its doctrines. All the doctrines of Christianity exists in the Old Testament where we can see the prophetic teachings of Jesus as the son of God (Zech. 12:10), born of a virgin (Isaiah 7:14), was crucified (Psalm 22), the blood atonement (Lev. 17:11), rose from the dead (Psalm 16:10), and salvation by faith (Hab. 2:4). Also, the writers of the gospels were eyewitnesses (or directed by eyewitnesses as were Mark and Luke) who accurately represented the life of Christ. So, what they did was write what Jesus taught as well as record the events of His life, death, and resurrection. In other words, they recorded history, actual events and had no need of fabrication or borrowing. [3]

There will undoubtedly be similarities in religious themes given the agrarian culture. Remember, an agriculturally based society, as was the people of the ancient Mediterranean area, will undoubtedly develop theological themes based upon observable events, i.e., the life, death, and seeming resurrection of life found in crops, in cattle, and in human life. It would only be natural for similar themes to unfold since they are observed in nature and since people created gods related to nature. But, any reading of the Old Testament results in observing the intrusion of God into Jewish history as is recorded in miracles and prophetic utterances. Add to that the incredible archaeological evidence verifying Old Testament cities and events and you have a document based on historical fact instead of mythical fabrication. Furthermore, it is from these Old Testament writings that the New Testament themes were developed.[4]

In addition to the above, there are other compelling reasons to reject the notion that Christianity was simply "lifted" from pagan sources:

Those who are even a little bit familiar with ancient literature, realize that the style of myths appear wholly different from the narratives of the New Testament. The narratives in the New Testament include names, places and dates and are regarded as authentic, historical documents. There also should be an acknowledgement that skeptical/liberal scholars exist who do not simply discard the New Testament as mythology with no historical value.

The language used to describe the traits of Krishna, Horus, Osiris, Isis, etc. are misleading. One liberal scholar illustrates how biased some writers are when they describe the pagan myth in Christian language: “The dead body of Osiris floated in the Nile and he returned to life, this being accomplished by a baptism in the waters of the Nile.”[5]

[Because of the liberal scholarship used] the alleged similarities, as well as the language used to describe them, turn out to be fabrications of the modern scholar and are not part of the original myth.[6]

There are several different versions of ancient myths and only one bible narrative. As believers we maintain that the originals were inspired and without error. As they exist today, they are 99.5% textually correct with only minor copyists errors. None of these errors affect the central/main doctrines.

These are the times that try human intellect, this is the type of poppycock and nonsensical madness that confuses folks. This type of dissertation needs an overhaul to clear up its many fallacies. Unfortunately for the argument being made here some of its points are made irrelevant by lack of substantial and logical foundation! Thus one must be wary of any of its other principles! Simply put, they did not even put up a good fight, with their silly asses!!!

When one makes an argument pro an idea she is not able to use the existence of the book to verify the existence of the supposed truth in the book. The whole I exist therefor I am truth is preposterous as a debate. The Bible cannot verify itself simply because you believe in it, that is a sign of certain spiritual retardation! It is similar to saying, The Rhodendron is a Rhodendron because it is a Rhododendron, logic has left the mind in such a case!

Many atheist sites utilize the scholarship that assert Jesus Christ never existed as a real, historical figure. Those who would teach such a thing are ignoring much of the historical data that is available concerning the time of Christ.The "so-called" history and sayings of Jesus are indeed authentic and this is clearly demonstrated based on what we know about the scriptures and how they stack up against other literary works of antiquity.
      First of all the argumentation for the lack of a existence has gone far beyond what this writer calls "Atheist" groups. Many of the groups are in fact strong supporters, and believers in Christianity. I have seen a written work of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. from Theology school wherein he attests many biblical assertions to ancient texts! Now this presumptive concept of a truthful existence of an alleged historical figure falls on its knees as there has not been the presentation of any evidence to support this!s At this time I shall stop as a proper rendering of debate is not possible since the basic premise has now been determined defunct, since the writer has no proof for the existence of this Jesus Christ character. No need for argument anymore, it is over!

NubianSysta is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

Wow, interesting, and what's more interesting and offensive is the reference that people who practice ancient African spiritual systems or any spiritual system outside of Christianity is an "atheist". I thought atheist are those who don't believe in a high being i.e. God/Allah/The Divine, NOW the definition has changed to people who don't believe in Jesus Christ?

Do they really believe that the creator of the universe, would be so shallow and small minded to say that "this is the only belief system and if you don't believe in this ONE sacred being, that every is doomed to hell" or as we put it, dark and deceased.

I always makes me chuckle how people in Christianity always spit out verses in the Bible as their backup but have no other proof but to keep spitting out verses, yet those same verses contradict their asinine belief system about African religion.

Perfect example of this is Christian (at least close minded ones), view divination.

I was educated just recently on this in the Metu Neter Vol.3 page 9, where it talks about in the old testament how when "On the day of Atonement (Yom Kippur), the scapegoat was selected by the throwing of the lots (oracular consultation, LEV 16:8-10.

Even while attending church one “SUN”day, the Pastor of the church that I frequent sometimes (who is very rooted in African spirituality, and customs), spoke about how in the old testament Priest, in order to cleanse people of their sins would LITERALLY sacrifice and animal and wash people with the blood of that animal, but when Christ came along, he gave his blood so that man no longer had to do that. But he didn’t demean the custom because he knows that people still do it and that is their God given choice to practice older traditions.

Respect for other people's belief systems is all we ask, but they don't get it!

These same Christians who spit African religion as pagan and devil worshiping don't even realize that the Catholic priest IN PRIVATE STILL does sacrifices as in the old testament!

I said this on a AFRO CHAT and was spat at. But fact is fact.

Even the Bible itself states that Christ is the way to God, but THERE ARE MANY SHEEP. In other words, he aint the only way to connect to God!

Right in their faces and their own literature and they still don't see. SOME Christians are as bad as a judicial system with video evidence of police brutality but find "other causes" to excuse their behavior.

Freakin hypocrite’s man!

This is the "foot in their mouths" belief system they have.

This is my thing, so because Christ came along, all of a sudden an older TRADITION of washing people of sins is now demonic?

If they would open their close plantation driven slave minds for once they would see the similarities and find beauty in what is being taught, and for the love of God start LIVING by their belief system rather than preaching it.

I don’t down Christianity, people have a right to practice whatever avenue works best for them to reach a higher state of consciousness and spirituality, but what I do have a problem with are people who put down others to justify their own BS.

But what the hell do we know, all we have are hieroglyphics written on stone walls (being sarcastic). But I guess those stone walls written of evidence of spiritual systems back then were less important and factual when the Greeks came along and decided which spiritual system would stand out more. Taking bits and pieces of everyone’s religion to come up with their own religion, just to downgrade and slap people of color in their face with their own watered down, misinterpreted and diluted spiritual system.

I could go on and on about this because I was raised in a Christian home, had a grandfather for a pastor, so I know Christianity like the back of my hand, and believe you me, it’s twisted and does the one thing they claim you are NOT suppose to do which is “Judging others”.

So I’m just going to leave with this quote cause I’m pissed……….

“Yet in destroying the most important elements of other people’s religion, the western world succeeded also in destroying theirs”, Ra Un Nefer Amen – Metu Neter

Whew

liberator4ever is offline Premium Member

Thumbs Up/Down

" Systa on it, I challenge people to that very debate all of the time

I am engaged, I love my fiancee very much and since she is a dedicated christian I compromise on some things because if she believes in that "unequally yoked scripture" then she'll make a habit of pointing out all of my black nationalist ideaologies, and I will not let religion divide my house! I believe that their is one God, like my systa said up there- I don't believe that he had one teacher- I challenge christians who limit their God to 33 years on the Planet earth- because that was how long Jesus lived.
      The very Bible we read (they read) says 1,000 years is as one day to God, and 1 day 1,000 years- simply put- time was created for (man) God is not bound by our clocks or anything we write in his name.
      I know that he honors the Bible because it was inspired by (Men of God)
      but I believe that God created different teachings for different people- Our problem is that us diaspora (Africans) were handed this european/shakespearean version of ancient Hebrew text, I often challenge the contradictions based on historical documentation. What happened between the writing of the last book of the old testament and the book of Matthew? Dark Ages is what I've been taught as a youngster, but now I pose this question- Dark Ages for who- the greeks, the Romans.............Awww, when did they come out of those Dark Ages. What culture emerged them from those dark ages???
      Let me hear it.............

Thread Information