Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up


    Results 1 to 12 of 12
    1. #1
      Fine1952's Avatar
      Fine1952 is offline Warrior

      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Location
      Cincinnati, OH
      Posts
      147
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 13/0
      Given: 0/0
      Rep Power
      81

      Akhenaton - On Non-Dualism


      0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      As you will note, Akhenaton is a woman. The lie about Marfan's Syndrome has been debunked.

      "...Akhenaton's teachings (e.g. Absolute Monism, my insert) were given 200 years before the supposed date for the existence of Moses. However, Moses' teachings was not understood as Absolute Monism, but rather as monotheism. Therefore, whether the Jewish Pentatech (e.g. First 5 books of the "incredible" bible, my insert) was written by a person named Moses or by Jewish scribes much later, as most modern biblical scholars now agree, of influence of Akhenaton's teachings would have been foremost in the instruction of Moses. Remember that the (e.g. incredible, my insert) Bible says Moses learned the wisdom of the Egyptians (Acts 7:22). While all of the attributes of Yahwah, the Hebrew God (e.g. dang do the Jehovah's Wisnesses know this, LOL--my insert) are contained in the teaching of Aton, The HYmns of Aton go farther in espousing the nature of God and God's relationship to Creation and humanity. -- page 117, The Egyptian Book of The Dead, by Dr. Muata, A. Ashby

      Ase'




    2. #2
      The Anfer's Avatar
      The Anfer is offline Premium Member

      Join Date
      Jul 2011
      Location
      Babylon
      Posts
      8
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0
      Given: 0/0
      Rep Power
      0

      0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      If I could add a different view of Akhenaten from my research...

      Akhenaten Monotheism Myth Debunked

      Akhenaten was the only Pharaoh to deviate away from the spiritual system in Kemet to Atenism. As mentioned before, the understanding already established in Kemet was that there was One God, and the Neteru were His attributes/functions. What Akhenaten did was disband all the priest of the Neteru and outlawed the worship of the Neteru (the One God) and put in a system for the worship of Aten, which isn't a Neter or attribute of God at all, but the sun. Akhenaten instituted sun worship. To add to that, the people of Kemet were to worship Akhenaten while only Akhenaten and his wife Nefertiti could worship Aten. In a nutshell, the people were to worship Akhenaten as a god while Akhenaten worshiped the sun as a god. This is in no way monotheism, rather it is Akhenaten bringing divinity onto himself, and associating himself, and Aten (the sun) as partners with God. This was the true paganism and idolatry in Kemet, and even fits the description of the Pharaoh in the Qur'an.

      Fir'aun (Pharaoh) said: "O chiefs! I know not that you have an ilah (a god) other than me, so kindle for me (a fire), O Haman, to bake (bricks out of) clay, and set up for me a Sarhan (a lofty tower, or palace, etc.) in order that I may look at (or look for) the Ilah (God) of Musa (Moses); and verily, I think that he [Musa (Moses)] is one of the liars." - Surah 28:38

      The Pharaoh of the Qur'an had established himself as a god while mocking Musa(pbuh) for his message of monotheism, much like how Akhenaten established himself as a god while disbanding the priest of Neteru and outlawing the worship of God and His attributes, the Neteru (which was already a monotheistic, spiritual system).

      But none believed in Musa (Moses) except the offspring of his people, because of the fear of Fir'aun (Pharaoh) and his chiefs, lest they should persecute them; and verily, Fir'aun (Pharaoh) was arrogant tyrant on the earth, he was indeed one of the Musrifun (polytheists, sinners and transgressors, those who give up the truth and follow the evil, and commit all kinds of great sins). - Surah 10:83

      You can see here that Pharaoh in the Qur'an prevented the worship of the One True God and instead established himself to be worshiped, just like Akhenaten prevented the worship of the One True God and His attributes (the Neteru) and established himself to be worshiped. Notice that not in one of these verses is any of the Neteru mentioned (Ra, Horus, Ausar, etc) and they wouldn't had been mentioned, because they are concepts/attributes of the One True God, the Creator that Musa(pbuh) being an Egyptian would have been preaching about. What made the Pharaoh of the Qur'an one of the Musrifun is him establishing himself up as a partner to God to be worshiped.

      With that said, you can come to the conclusion that Akhenaten was not a patron of monotheism, but one of the Musrifun, and you also realize the major possibility that Akhenaten was the Pharaoh of the Qur'an that "led his people astray, and he did not guide them".

      Akhenaten established worship of Aten, the actual sun disc in the sky, as opposed to Ra, the sun in your mind, that is consciousness. Another thing that needs to be considered is that Akhenaten's Atenist system was disbanded and the original spiritual of Kemet was restored. Akhenaten also was referred to as "the enemy" by later successors. There is also a chance that Akhenaten was not a native to Kemet considering the art depicting himself and his wife with elongated heads and such.

    3. #3
      edwins's Avatar
      edwins is offline Warrior

      Join Date
      Jun 2010
      Location
      georgia
      Posts
      351
      Blog Entries
      17
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0
      Given: 0/0
      Rep Power
      72

      0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Anfer View Post
      If I could add a different view of Akhenaten from my research...

      Akhenaten Monotheism Myth Debunked

      Akhenaten was the only Pharaoh to deviate away from the spiritual system in Kemet to Atenism. As mentioned before, the understanding already established in Kemet was that there was One God, and the Neteru were His attributes/functions. What Akhenaten did was disband all the priest of the Neteru and outlawed the worship of the Neteru (the One God) and put in a system for the worship of Aten, which isn't a Neter or attribute of God at all, but the sun. Akhenaten instituted sun worship. To add to that, the people of Kemet were to worship Akhenaten while only Akhenaten and his wife Nefertiti could worship Aten. In a nutshell, the people were to worship Akhenaten as a god while Akhenaten worshiped the sun as a god. This is in no way monotheism, rather it is Akhenaten bringing divinity onto himself, and associating himself, and Aten (the sun) as partners with God. This was the true paganism and idolatry in Kemet, and even fits the description of the Pharaoh in the Qur'an.

      Fir'aun (Pharaoh) said: "O chiefs! I know not that you have an ilah (a god) other than me, so kindle for me (a fire), O Haman, to bake (bricks out of) clay, and set up for me a Sarhan (a lofty tower, or palace, etc.) in order that I may look at (or look for) the Ilah (God) of Musa (Moses); and verily, I think that he [Musa (Moses)] is one of the liars." - Surah 28:38

      The Pharaoh of the Qur'an had established himself as a god while mocking Musa(pbuh) for his message of monotheism, much like how Akhenaten established himself as a god while disbanding the priest of Neteru and outlawing the worship of God and His attributes, the Neteru (which was already a monotheistic, spiritual system).

      But none believed in Musa (Moses) except the offspring of his people, because of the fear of Fir'aun (Pharaoh) and his chiefs, lest they should persecute them; and verily, Fir'aun (Pharaoh) was arrogant tyrant on the earth, he was indeed one of the Musrifun (polytheists, sinners and transgressors, those who give up the truth and follow the evil, and commit all kinds of great sins). - Surah 10:83

      You can see here that Pharaoh in the Qur'an prevented the worship of the One True God and instead established himself to be worshiped, just like Akhenaten prevented the worship of the One True God and His attributes (the Neteru) and established himself to be worshiped. Notice that not in one of these verses is any of the Neteru mentioned (Ra, Horus, Ausar, etc) and they wouldn't had been mentioned, because they are concepts/attributes of the One True God, the Creator that Musa(pbuh) being an Egyptian would have been preaching about. What made the Pharaoh of the Qur'an one of the Musrifun is him establishing himself up as a partner to God to be worshiped.

      With that said, you can come to the conclusion that Akhenaten was not a patron of monotheism, but one of the Musrifun, and you also realize the major possibility that Akhenaten was the Pharaoh of the Qur'an that "led his people astray, and he did not guide them".

      Akhenaten established worship of Aten, the actual sun disc in the sky, as opposed to Ra, the sun in your mind, that is consciousness. Another thing that needs to be considered is that Akhenaten's Atenist system was disbanded and the original spiritual of Kemet was restored. Akhenaten also was referred to as "the enemy" by later successors. There is also a chance that Akhenaten was not a native to Kemet considering the art depicting himself and his wife with elongated heads and such.

      greetings-

      i find much of your thesis difficult to accept... sitting in direct opposition to everything i have come to appreciate about this man and his family. it seems that much of your reference material comes from the quran... did you know that the quran consists of the first five books of moses of the old testament, psalms and mathew, mark, luke and john...??? did you know also that the quran does not appear until 1895 a.c.e.,...??? or that islam is the twin sister of christianity which was first referred to as mohammedenism until 1240...??? i could go on but my position should be clear at this point- one other thing: western theology, chrisitanity, islam and judaism is a tool used by europeans (primarily jews) to control non-jews...


      peace be upon you

    4. #4
      Shaheed's Avatar
      Shaheed is offline half man half amazing

      Join Date
      May 2006
      Location
      illadelphia
      Posts
      128
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0
      Given: 0/0
      Rep Power
      70

      0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Fine1952 View Post
      As you will note, Akhenaton is a woman. The lie about Marfan's Syndrome has been debunked.

      "...Akhenaton's teachings (e.g. Absolute Monism, my insert) were given 200 years before the supposed date for the existence of Moses. However, Moses' teachings was not understood as Absolute Monism, but rather as monotheism. Therefore, whether the Jewish Pentatech (e.g. First 5 books of the "incredible" bible, my insert) was written by a person named Moses or by Jewish scribes much later, as most modern biblical scholars now agree, of influence of Akhenaton's teachings would have been foremost in the instruction of Moses. Remember that the (e.g. incredible, my insert) Bible says Moses learned the wisdom of the Egyptians (Acts 7:22). While all of the attributes of Yahwah, the Hebrew God (e.g. dang do the Jehovah's Wisnesses know this, LOL--my insert) are contained in the teaching of Aton, The HYmns of Aton go farther in espousing the nature of God and God's relationship to Creation and humanity. -- page 117, The Egyptian Book of The Dead, by Dr. Muata, A. Ashby

      Ase'



      According to the sources I read, Akhnaten was not the first African to preach the concept of monotheism. In his book, the Civilization of Africa, Christopher Ehret shows that monotheism was found in Niger-Congo and Sudanic civilizations thousands before idea of monotheism ever occurred in western Asia or Europe. I do agree that the ancient Egyptian religion laid the foundation for all of the abrahamic religions (Judaism, Christianity, and Islam). According to the Dr. Cheikh Anta Diop, the concept of Paradise and Hell and judgment were first introduced and practiced by the ancient Egyptians. In fact, Osiris was the personification of the good and he was already judging the dead two thousands years before Moses and three thousands years before Christ.

      By the way, I think the sexual identity of Akhenaten is debatable. I don't think he was a woman because he is known to have fathered children, and I don't think he had Marfan's syndrome because people with that disease can't procreate. I think that his depiction is exaggeration of his actually appearance.
      I saw a dead bird flyin through a broken sky
      Wish I could flap wings and fly away
      To where black kings and Ghana stay
      So I could get on my flesh right away
      But that'll be the day when it's peace
      When my gat don't need to spray

      NATURE OF THE THREAT
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js20fyDymd4

    5. #5
      The Anfer's Avatar
      The Anfer is offline Premium Member

      Join Date
      Jul 2011
      Location
      Babylon
      Posts
      8
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0
      Given: 0/0
      Rep Power
      0

      0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      I've studied Islam in most of its forms for awhile now. I'm not necessarily arguing the authenticity of Islam and the Qur'an here, I had just made that link in the midst of my research of the connection between Kemet and Islam. I agree with you that western theology, Christianity, Islam and Judaism is a tool used by Europeans for control. However, I do find some truths in NOI ideology. More on that later...

      Akhenaten. He didn't really establish monotheism in Kemet, for monotheism had already existed in Kemet in their original spiritual system of the ntr (the Neteru, the many who were ONE). Excerpt from the book "Egyptian Divinities: The All Who Are The ONE" by Moustafa Gadalla...
      "The Ancient Egyptians believed in One God who was self-produced, self-existent, immortal, invisible, eternal, omniscient, almighty, etc. This One God was represented through the functions and attributes of "His" domain. These attributes were called the neteru (pronounced net-er-u; masculine singular: neter; feminine singular: netert). The terms gods and goddesses are a misrepresentation of the Egyptian term, neteru.

      When we ask "Who is God?", we are really asking, "What is God?". The mere name or noun does not tell us anything. One can only define "God" through the multitude of "His" attributes/qualities/powers/actions. To "know" God is to know the numerous qualities of "God". The more we learn of these qualities (known as neteru), the closer we are getting to our divine origin.

      Far from being a primitive, polytheistic form, this is the highest expression of monotheistic mysticism."
      What Akhenaten did was eliminate the system of the Neteru by disbanding the priest and closing the temples in place of Aten, which is not a Neteru but just the sun disk. The people themselves were not to worship Aten, but rather they were to worship Akhenaten who acted as a mediator between the people and Aten. So as the people before were free to worship God through any one of his numerous attributes (or Neteru), they were now forced to follow Akhenaten's new system.

      There's no reason to believe Akhenaten played a role in setting up the creation of the 10 commandments because the 42 confessions of Ma'at already existed before the rise of Atenism, and Ma'at played no role in Atenism either.

      The way I view it, Akhenaten established worship of Aten, of the physical sun disk. He made the same mistake that our western religions and culture makes, the worship of the physical. In this way, Akhenaten could declare something out of his own desire and attribute it to being a declaration from Aten, and the people would blindly follow. I can compare him to Catholic bishops who say they are mediators between people and "god", who they view as a being in the sky.

      Through the original system of the Neteru however, the people of Kemet knew that Ra was the inner sun, the creative force that exist in everyone. In this way, the people had a direct link to the True God within, and did not need a mediator.

      Further research can also suggest that Akhenaten is the original creator of the New World Order. Think about it, how would we view a man today who rose to power, and united the world together while disbanding all the religious systems of the world in place of the worship of a god he introduced? Christians and Muslims may call this person "Anti-Christ", but surely to anyone's spiritual system he would be called "the enemy", just like the people of Kemet referred to Akhenaten in later periods. History just shows that usually if you have to eliminate your existing competition in order for your ideology to be setup, it is not in good intentions. Look at Christianity, Africa and the slave trade as another example.

      ---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

      I do agree that the ancient Egyptian religion laid the foundation for all of the abrahamic religions (Judaism, Christianity, and Islam). According to the Dr. Cheikh Anta Diop, the concept of Paradise and Hell and judgment were first introduced and practiced by the ancient Egyptians. In fact, Osiris was the personification of the good and he was already judging the dead two thousands years before Moses and three thousands years before Christ.
      Exactly, many of the concepts that later were incorporated into Judaism, Christianity and Islam already existed in Kemet for thousands of years. Atenism brought nothing new to the table except the Pharaoh being a mediator between the people and the divine. This overall, just gave Akhenaten control and power over his people. One could then come to the conclusion that Atenism was established based solely on political reasons.

    6. #6
      JAH III's Avatar
      JAH III is offline Warrior

      Join Date
      Mar 2011
      Location
      Panama, Central America
      Posts
      687
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 21/0
      Given: 2/0
      Rep Power
      74

      Reply


      0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      The 'inner' sun is your pineal gland, third "spiritual" eye, and link/contact to the divine. For the majority of afrikan people today this gland has been atrophied/shrunken/shut-down by our enemies (due to alcohol and other synthetic substances in our poor diets), and this is why we have no divine 'spiritual' direct guidance!

    7. #7
      edwins's Avatar
      edwins is offline Warrior

      Join Date
      Jun 2010
      Location
      georgia
      Posts
      351
      Blog Entries
      17
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0
      Given: 0/0
      Rep Power
      72

      0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Anfer View Post
      I've studied Islam in most of its forms for awhile now. I'm not necessarily arguing the authenticity of Islam and the Qur'an here, I had just made that link in the midst of my research of the connection between Kemet and Islam. I agree with you that western theology, Christianity, Islam and Judaism is a tool used by Europeans for control. However, I do find some truths in NOI ideology. More on that later...

      Akhenaten. He didn't really establish monotheism in Kemet, for monotheism had already existed in Kemet in their original spiritual system of the ntr (the Neteru, the many who were ONE). Excerpt from the book "Egyptian Divinities: The All Who Are The ONE" by Moustafa Gadalla...


      What Akhenaten did was eliminate the system of the Neteru by disbanding the priest and closing the temples in place of Aten, which is not a Neteru but just the sun disk. The people themselves were not to worship Aten, but rather they were to worship Akhenaten who acted as a mediator between the people and Aten. So as the people before were free to worship God through any one of his numerous attributes (or Neteru), they were now forced to follow Akhenaten's new system.

      There's no reason to believe Akhenaten played a role in setting up the creation of the 10 commandments because the 42 confessions of Ma'at already existed before the rise of Atenism, and Ma'at played no role in Atenism either.

      The way I view it, Akhenaten established worship of Aten, of the physical sun disk. He made the same mistake that our western religions and culture makes, the worship of the physical. In this way, Akhenaten could declare something out of his own desire and attribute it to being a declaration from Aten, and the people would blindly follow. I can compare him to Catholic bishops who say they are mediators between people and "god", who they view as a being in the sky.

      Through the original system of the Neteru however, the people of Kemet knew that Ra was the inner sun, the creative force that exist in everyone. In this way, the people had a direct link to the True God within, and did not need a mediator.

      Further research can also suggest that Akhenaten is the original creator of the New World Order. Think about it, how would we view a man today who rose to power, and united the world together while disbanding all the religious systems of the world in place of the worship of a god he introduced? Christians and Muslims may call this person "Anti-Christ", but surely to anyone's spiritual system he would be called "the enemy", just like the people of Kemet referred to Akhenaten in later periods. History just shows that usually if you have to eliminate your existing competition in order for your ideology to be setup, it is not in good intentions. Look at Christianity, Africa and the slave trade as another example.

      ---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------



      Exactly, many of the concepts that later were incorporated into Judaism, Christianity and Islam already existed in Kemet for thousands of years. Atenism brought nothing new to the table except the Pharaoh being a mediator between the people and the divine. This overall, just gave Akhenaten control and power over his people. One could then come to the conclusion that Atenism was established based solely on political reasons.
      greetings-

      ankh-aten or 'life revealed' is the meaning of the 'title' you refer to as akhenaten... tutankhamen is a title meaning 'life hidden'- the suffix 'amen' ends nearly all prayers made in the west and literally translates 'so let it be hidden'... so, the title 'ankhaten' should be some indication of what he was about... our subject is murdered and his brother tutankhamen is installed as his replacement by the priests who later murder him. his original title was tutankh'aten'- changed by the priests to tutankhamen.

      the historical context in which our subject finds himself pits him in opposition to the 'priestly' class in kmt at a time when the power of the 'per ah' (pharoh) was under direct assault from the priests who had become corrupt and were no longer interested in following cosmic law. i won't attempt to enter into a dissertation concerning all the nuances of the term 'per ah' at this point- suffice it to say that it does denote gender.

      your quote of moustafa gadalla is an interesting one... are you aware that he also states in his book entitled 'historical deception', "the origin of the egyptians was undoubtedly from asia: which is evidenced by the shape of the skull, which is that of a caucasian race. the whole valley of the nile, throughout ethiopia, was peopled by asiatic immigrants". this quote is the 2nd to last paragraph on page 19. it is difficult to accept his conclusions founded upon such obvious mis/disinformation.

      i like what you said about NOI... but you did not expound.

      my overall take on this subject comes down to my agreement with you that ankhaten did not found monotheism- he tried to reinstitute it and was opposed by those who chose to profit from the masses and, was murdered for his troubles...


      peace be upon you

    8. #8
      The Anfer's Avatar
      The Anfer is offline Premium Member

      Join Date
      Jul 2011
      Location
      Babylon
      Posts
      8
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0
      Given: 0/0
      Rep Power
      0

      0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by edwins View Post
      greetings-

      ankh-aten or 'life revealed' is the meaning of the 'title' you refer to as akhenaten... tutankhamen is a title meaning 'life hidden'- the suffix 'amen' ends nearly all prayers made in the west and literally translates 'so let it be hidden'... so, the title 'ankhaten' should be some indication of what he was about... our subject is murdered and his brother tutankhamen is installed as his replacement by the priests who later murder him. his original title was tutankh'aten'- changed by the priests to tutankhamen.

      the historical context in which our subject finds himself pits him in opposition to the 'priestly' class in kmt at a time when the power of the 'per ah' (pharoh) was under direct assault from the priests who had become corrupt and were no longer interested in following cosmic law. i won't attempt to enter into a dissertation concerning all the nuances of the term 'per ah' at this point- suffice it to say that it does denote gender.

      your quote of moustafa gadalla is an interesting one... are you aware that he also states in his book entitled 'historical deception', "the origin of the egyptians was undoubtedly from asia: which is evidenced by the shape of the skull, which is that of a caucasian race. the whole valley of the nile, throughout ethiopia, was peopled by asiatic immigrants". this quote is the 2nd to last paragraph on page 19. it is difficult to accept his conclusions founded upon such obvious mis/disinformation.

      i like what you said about NOI... but you did not expound.

      my overall take on this subject comes down to my agreement with you that ankhaten did not found monotheism- he tried to reinstitute it and was opposed by those who chose to profit from the masses and, was murdered for his troubles...


      peace be upon you
      Wow thank you. I did not know about the quote Gadalla had made about the race of the people of Kemet. Obviously I would have to disagree with him there for their own writings say they descended from the source of the Nile, which would be Uganda and Ethiopia which would obviously make them a black race. I've only read two books by Gadalla and Historical Deception was not one of them. I still wouldn't reject everything Gadalla has said however.

      Gadalla has also said that this imbalance of power within the priesthood never happened and that this idea was made up by western Egyptologist. Can you provide me with information or where I can get information on this corruption of the priesthood so that I may read and study it?

      Also, can you explain to me what new thing Akhenaten brought to the religious system of Kemet? That's the problem I'm having here concerning him, I fail to see what positive new thing he brought to the religious system for the people. The people didn't have direct access to worshiping Aten, the laws of Ma'at were already known yet not included in Atenism, no new creation story was included with Aten though he was called the creator, no new moral code, no new mythology concerning Aten, no details on how Aten related to the people and their daily lives, etc. The whole Aten idea may have been a political thing concerning the Pharaoh Akhenaten and the priest of Amen, but how do we know it was the priest who were corrupt and not Akhenaten himself? Like I said, how would we view someone who did the same scenario today, like George Bush disbanding all religious systems in place of a new god and system he has introduced? Who would it really be benefiting, himself or the people? I think the answer there should be obvious.

      I will make my NOI post in the Islamic section just for the sake of staying on topic here...though it does relate to Kemet too.

    9. #9
      edwins's Avatar
      edwins is offline Warrior

      Join Date
      Jun 2010
      Location
      georgia
      Posts
      351
      Blog Entries
      17
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0
      Given: 0/0
      Rep Power
      72

      0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Anfer View Post
      Wow thank you. I did not know about the quote Gadalla had made about the race of the people of Kemet. Obviously I would have to disagree with him there for their own writings say they descended from the source of the Nile, which would be Uganda and Ethiopia which would obviously make them a black race. I've only read two books by Gadalla and Historical Deception was not one of them. I still wouldn't reject everything Gadalla has said however.

      Gadalla has also said that this imbalance of power within the priesthood never happened and that this idea was made up by western Egyptologist. Can you provide me with information or where I can get information on this corruption of the priesthood so that I may read and study it?

      Also, can you explain to me what new thing Akhenaten brought to the religious system of Kemet? That's the problem I'm having here concerning him, I fail to see what positive new thing he brought to the religious system for the people. The people didn't have direct access to worshiping Aten, the laws of Ma'at were already known yet not included in Atenism, no new creation story was included with Aten though he was called the creator, no new moral code, no new mythology concerning Aten, no details on how Aten related to the people and their daily lives, etc. The whole Aten idea may have been a political thing concerning the Pharaoh Akhenaten and the priest of Amen, but how do we know it was the priest who were corrupt and not Akhenaten himself? Like I said, how would we view someone who did the same scenario today, like George Bush disbanding all religious systems in place of a new god and system he has introduced? Who would it really be benefiting, himself or the people? I think the answer there should be obvious.

      I will make my NOI post in the Islamic section just for the sake of staying on topic here...though it does relate to Kemet too.

      greetings-

      there are multiple sources where the info you request can be found- one is: the pyramid code... i was under the impression that it was widely known that ankhaten was murdered for attempting to restore to the people their direct connection to their spirituality by removing the priests from in-between.

      once again, aten was a title, as was amen... ankh = life... aten = revealed...
      so, ankhaten means life revealed... the point i was making was simply that ankhaten did not bring anything new- he was attempting to restore that which the priests were withholding from the people... after the death of ankhaten, kmt is plunged into spiritual darkness, which happens to be where we are today. nothing improved after him, everything got worse with the exception of taharka and the final african dynasty of kmt...

      i like also, the premise that you cannot dismiss everything from moustafa gadalla... i have a couple of his books and he does make some interesting observations. i simply cannot get over such an obvious error on his part concerning the ethnic origin of africans... if he is wrong about such a basic point how do you trust him on issues of more subtlety...???

      check out the physical evidence also from the amarna period where ankhaten reigned and ruled- it is quite compelling...


      peace be upon you

    10. #10
      The Anfer's Avatar
      The Anfer is offline Premium Member

      Join Date
      Jul 2011
      Location
      Babylon
      Posts
      8
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0
      Given: 0/0
      Rep Power
      0

      0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by edwins View Post
      greetings-

      there are multiple sources where the info you request can be found- one is: the pyramid code... i was under the impression that it was widely known that ankhaten was murdered for attempting to restore to the people their direct connection to their spirituality by removing the priests from in-between.

      once again, aten was a title, as was amen... ankh = life... aten = revealed...
      so, ankhaten means life revealed... the point i was making was simply that ankhaten did not bring anything new- he was attempting to restore that which the priests were withholding from the people... after the death of ankhaten, kmt is plunged into spiritual darkness, which happens to be where we are today. nothing improved after him, everything got worse with the exception of taharka and the final african dynasty of kmt...

      i like also, the premise that you cannot dismiss everything from moustafa gadalla... i have a couple of his books and he does make some interesting observations. i simply cannot get over such an obvious error on his part concerning the ethnic origin of africans... if he is wrong about such a basic point how do you trust him on issues of more subtlety...???

      check out the physical evidence also from the amarna period where ankhaten reigned and ruled- it is quite compelling...


      peace be upon you

      What evidence exist that Akhenaten was murdered? I've never come across that conclusion in my research. What is the Pyramid Code, a book? Is the evidence contained in this Pyramid Code?

      I was under the impression that Akhenaten meant "living spirit of Aten", Aten meaning the sun disc. Even if his name truly meant "life revealed" doesn't mean that his intentions were to restore what the priest supposedly took from the people, especially when he gave himself the name. You have to provide evidence that this was his intention. I fail to understand how Akhenaten intended to restore the people of Kemet's original spirituality by disbanding the ntr system which was already around generations before him, and then him making himself a mediator, when you accuse the priest of being in between (or the mediators of) the Divine and the people. If someone wanted to restore a Christians spirituality, he wouldn't tell them to throw away their Bibles and Jesus in place of a new savior and scripture. So how do you restore the people of Kemet spirituality by throwing away their ages old beliefs in place of a new god Aten? If that be the case, is not then the European justified in coming into Africa with his god and throwing away the African gods "to restore African spirituality"?

      You say it was the priest that were corrupt...I ask you again, how do you know it was not Akhenaten who was corrupt?

      As for Gadalla, being that he is an Arab-Egyptian native, I can see why he would try to make an argument that the people of Kemet had an Asiatic origin, but further research would quickly disprove his claim. Most people are naturally bias when it comes to subjects like ethnicity and nationality so it understandable, but because one thing in a mans research is flawed doesn't make all of his research flawed. It just means you have to look further into what he is saying, but that should be the attitude towards anyone's research.

    11. #11
      edwins's Avatar
      edwins is offline Warrior

      Join Date
      Jun 2010
      Location
      georgia
      Posts
      351
      Blog Entries
      17
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0
      Given: 0/0
      Rep Power
      72

      0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Anfer View Post
      What evidence exist that Akhenaten was murdered? I've never come across that conclusion in my research. What is the Pyramid Code, a book? Is the evidence contained in this Pyramid Code?

      I was under the impression that Akhenaten meant "living spirit of Aten", Aten meaning the sun disc. Even if his name truly meant "life revealed" doesn't mean that his intentions were to restore what the priest supposedly took from the people, especially when he gave himself the name. You have to provide evidence that this was his intention. I fail to understand how Akhenaten intended to restore the people of Kemet's original spirituality by disbanding the ntr system which was already around generations before him, and then him making himself a mediator, when you accuse the priest of being in between (or the mediators of) the Divine and the people. If someone wanted to restore a Christians spirituality, he wouldn't tell them to throw away their Bibles and Jesus in place of a new savior and scripture. So how do you restore the people of Kemet spirituality by throwing away their ages old beliefs in place of a new god Aten? If that be the case, is not then the European justified in coming into Africa with his god and throwing away the African gods "to restore African spirituality"?

      You say it was the priest that were corrupt...I ask you again, how do you know it was not Akhenaten who was corrupt?

      As for Gadalla, being that he is an Arab-Egyptian native, I can see why he would try to make an argument that the people of Kemet had an Asiatic origin, but further research would quickly disprove his claim. Most people are naturally bias when it comes to subjects like ethnicity and nationality so it understandable, but because one thing in a mans research is flawed doesn't make all of his research flawed. It just means you have to look further into what he is saying, but that should be the attitude towards anyone's research.

      greetings-

      the book as well as the video 'the pyramid code' contains some useful information concerning the amarna period as well as ankhaten and his family- his reign would have been completely removed from history if the priests had their way- along with his younger brother and wife.

      honestly, the mummified remains nor tomb of ankhaten have never been located... i am not suggesting that he was buried for 3 days and ascended into heaven (that is a joke) yet, we know from the historical record that he did exist and, we can extrapolate from the chronology of events before, during and after his reign that his fate did not include a happy ending.

      after studying kmt for a short time it became clear to me that most if not all symbols have multiple layers of meaning- you are certainly correct in your conclusion of the meaning of aten; and so am i... and it would not surprise me to learn of additional meanings of the term. what i find compelling is: the connection of the meaning to a 'title' and not a name. his name, interestingly enough was 'amen'hotep IV... we can speculate as to why he would acquire the attribute of 'aten' and discard 'amen'... this, i think, speaks to another layer of meaning- the 'age' in which he lived... cosmically, the per ah had certain duties to perform in order to fulfill his/her mission- at least part of his was to reveal the secrets of the priests which cost him his life.

      i am not claiming that ankhaten threw away the ntrs... i say again, his mission was to restore the way of life the people had previously known and lived. what we find is the destruction of the ntrs AFTER his demise and the complete and total 'whiteout' of spirituality following the invasion of the greeks...

      i say ankhaten was not corrupt because of how his legacy was treated. i liken him to malcolm... who was the most self aware black man produced in the 20th century... do his detractors memorialize him...??? do the writers of history ever yield to the heroes of the defeated...??? think about all of our martyrs who gave their lives for the freedom of us all- now think about how they are thought of by our enemies... oh, btw, malcolm did get a missile named after him- the 'MX'...


      peace be upon you

    12. #12
      Fine1952's Avatar
      Fine1952 is offline Warrior

      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Location
      Cincinnati, OH
      Posts
      147
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 13/0
      Given: 0/0
      Rep Power
      81

      Blackicon Coffee @edwins


      0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      right you are!

      Page 33, "The Historical Origin of Christianity" by Walter Williams.

      "...The Arabs continued the resistance after being taught and introduced to Monophysite Christianity by the Coptic Egyptian (Jacob Baradeus a.k.a. James Baradan)...This resistance lasted until the name Mohammed first came on the scene of history and was given the same attributes of the Christ icon in 1240 A.C.E. Thus the man-made religion Mohammedanism was created, later to be called Islam..."
      Quote Originally Posted by edwins View Post
      greetings-

      i find much of your thesis difficult to accept... sitting in direct opposition to everything i have come to appreciate about this man and his family. it seems that much of your reference material comes from the quran... did you know that the quran consists of the first five books of moses of the old testament, psalms and mathew, mark, luke and john...??? did you know also that the quran does not appear until 1895 a.c.e.,...??? or that islam is the twin sister of christianity which was first referred to as mohammedenism until 1240...??? i could go on but my position should be clear at this point- one other thing: western theology, chrisitanity, islam and judaism is a tool used by europeans (primarily jews) to control non-jews...


      peace be upon you


    Thread Information

    Users Browsing this Thread

    There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Thread Participants: 4

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  


    About

      Assata Shakur Speaks is an Forum Devoted To Assata Shakur And All Political Prisoners Around The World.
      Assata Shakur Speaks Is An Oasis Of Pan African Information Geared Towards The Liberation Of Afrikan People.

    Follow Us On

    Twitter Facebook youtube Flickr DavianArt Dribbble RSS Feed



    BACK TO TOP