Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0
      Given: 0/0

Lightbulb The Difference Between Black People And Niggas

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      This is a "little rough" around the edges (so brace yourself) but it makes a point.

The Difference...

Contrary to what many may think, there is a difference
      between Black people and niggas...

Black people spend thousands of dollars on higher education and see the value of owning real estate.
      Niggas spend thousands of dollars on ''getting high" and are concerned only with keepin' it real..

When Black people have children, they try to get better paying jobs to make
      sure they can support their child...
      When niggas have children, they change jobs to avoid paying child support.

When Black people have children, they invest in college plans, piano lessons and braces...
      When niggas have children they invest in designer clothes, platinum jewelry and mini-Air Jordans

Black people watch out for their neighbors and understand the importance of strong neighborhoods...
      Niggas watch their neighbors, and look for an opportunity to take advantage of their weaknesses.

Black people appreciate the sacrifices made for them by, their families to help them get ahead in life...
      Niggas will sacrifice their Families and steal from them in order to get their next high.

Black people appreciate expensive jewelry designer clothes and nice cars but realize that they don't make the person....
      Niggas define themselves by their designer clothes platinum jewelry and nice cars.

Black people will know the people at their local bank branch by first name...
      Niggas will know the people at the neighborhood Check Cashers and liquor store by first name.

Black people see hard working brothers and sisters with legitimate jobs as potential mates...
      Niggas won't even look at you if you're not a Hustler, Baller or a Bad Ass B**ch.

Black people will work hard to be innovative or to build something out of nothing.
      Niggas will work hard at getting something for nothing.

Black people work hard all week and then go out on the weekend to relax and chill at the few Black night spots we have...
      Niggas relax and chill all week and then go out on the weekends and work hard to mess up the few Black night spots we have.

In the words of Chris Rock, "I love Black people... but I can't stand niggas!!"

Do you know the difference and which one are you ???
      Last edited by Revolutionary_Student; 12-28-2005 at 09:23 AM.
      We are not citizens of amerikkka. We are victims of amerikkka.

Mosi Ngozi is offline Pan-Afrikanist

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 9/0
      Given: 16/1

Revolutionary Student break it on down.
      You are here because you know something,what you
      know you can't explain,but you feel it.You've felt it
      your entire life; that theres something wrong with the
      world.You don't know what it is but it's there; a
      splinter in your mind... the matrix

Thumbs Up/Down

I personally dislike BOTH of those adjectives as it relates to Africans. The truth hurts.

I've outgrown judging Africans. yes, in degrees of colonized minds, some of us are at rock-bottom -degenerate! Like a farmer who has to plow a field the size of Texas with no plow, I must till one row at a time.

All I accept is opportunity for Africa and Africans. Many of the people who come to mind as we read this may take some energy to make an impression on, however we don't have an African to waste!

Knowing as we do that the 'Black" and the "ngga'" must be uplifted to AFRICAN, let us adapt the preacher's methods and evangelize our message and our (self) Saviour.

UN-like Chris Rock, I LOVE blacks, and niggas. Every African man is a KING, and every African woman is a QUEEN, whether they recognize it or not.

The simple technique of uplifting any person is to "see" and treat them as you know them to be, not what they re/present, let not our eyes be dis-colored by ego and conceit, impairing your vision and manner to reveal you a false-prophet.

Reformation of the African nations is in order, and primary to the liberation agenda, is it not? If yes, then let's use your observations as a tool to recognize and identify those Africans among us who have yet to come into their Majesty and be UPLIFTED.

If we who claim liberation and overstanding don't do it, who will?

I understand that you "hate" the behavior of some Africans, however behavior can be modified.

I'm not where I want to be, but thank the Creator that I am not where I used to be. If we all don't make it, none of make it.

It was still insightful and funny, though!
      "Humpty Dumpty was PUSHED"

GoodRain is offline Warrior

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 2/0

Not to put Creators College post in a negative light but in response to the saying every Black person is a king or queen I want people to get to its real meaning because there were also evil queens and kings in Africa.
      My view of the statement is that it is meant to give those Blacks that see their ancestors as just people that had hard times in the jungle fighting wild animals or people being enslaved by lighter races a different and much more truthful view to their origin and contribution to positive civilization.

And I think there should be more of a difference recognized in being just Black and positive conciously Black. Although I agree with the thread distinguishing Black and niggas Im saying I would have just used another term other than Black.

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by GoodRain
      Not to put Creators College post in a negative light but in response to the saying every Black person is a king or queen I want people to get to its real meaning because there were also evil queens and kings in Africa.
      My view of the statement is that it is meant to give those Blacks that see their ancestors as just people that had hard times in the jungle fighting wild animals or people being enslaved by lighter races a different and much more truthful view to their origin and contribution to positive civilization.

And I think there should be more of a difference recognized in being just Black and positive conciously Black. Although I agree with the thread distinguishing Black and niggas Im saying I would have just used another term other than Black.
      I agree with you. I would add those "evil" African Kings and Queens abdocated their "Heavenly" thrones for the illusion of material/earthly/corporal power.

Every African who is behaving out of order KNOWS BETTER. Our challenge is to reconcile ourselves to one another. If we cannot begin to end the judgemental "sorting out" one another, how will we come together.

Humbly, I suggest that some of us learn more about leadership and motivation skills and strategies. A little sales training might help, too, In order that our liberation agenda move forward and include those who have yet to understand who they truly are and have the opportunity grow into that person, we who would lead the change might be able to use these methodologies to positively impact those whom we're trying to reach.

I for one will not give ear to anyone casting aspersions onto me berating me for what I am not.

Self-richeousness will not win the day. Unless there are only "Africans" among us, we continue to play into the hands of our enemies with philosophical and character division.

What is fed will grow, and we want to plant seeds of positive uplifting into our brothers and sisters. The behavior that we reject is the harvest from the deeds of negativity that were planted seasons past and are bearing fruit.

I assert that the "tree" is not lost, pruning the diseased branches and providing nutricious nourishment will bring it back to a healthy full-bloom, bearing richeous fruit.

"The Harvest is great, but the workers are few."

Peace & Love!

We must grow in overstanding to deal with the hue-man, not the behavior.
      "Humpty Dumpty was PUSHED"

Nesayem is offline Afrika Is In You

Thumbs Up/Down

I have a problem with this article on a few different levels. When we start to make distinctions between who is refered to as a 'black person" and who is a "nigga" it's is contrary to the goals of Afrikans. Terminolgy like this futher separates our people. To me this is the same as saying "so and so has good hair while you have a head full of naps" now if I present it to you in that light you can recongnize how foolish that sounds.

In my mind this article reflects classism. Because I get the sense that "poor" Afrikans are being refered to as niggas. For example the article says "niggas use liqour store check cashing places", people have to use what they have access to. The article says niggas work hard and gain nothing. Have you ever seen an Afrikan working for no gain? We all have bills, clothes we need, a rent to pay. So how is the writer going to assume that people are going to work everyday just to be there.

What really kills me is the last line "do you know the difference and which one are you?" I think the writer been reading those Willie Lynch letters one to many times....

Dont believe the hype!

Joey is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

That type of classification promotes separation rather than unity...

This article sounds like something Bill Cosby would say, but in harsher words. What is the point of defining a "Nigga" and defining a "Black?" Where is the unity in that? We are all African whether we behave like it or not. When you know the truth about who you really are, then educate those who don't know who they are. Don't forget, the "Niggas," as the article refers to them, were forced into a situation where their behavior is the outcome. The "Black" as referred to in the article should reach out to the "Nigga" instead of condemn him. Ujima!

Thumbs Up/Down

Lightbulb Hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Nesayem
      I have a problem with this article on a few different levels. When we start to make distinctions between who is refered to as a 'black person" and who is a "nigga" it's is contrary to the goals of Afrikans. Terminolgy like this futher separates our people. To me this is the same as saying "so and so has good hair while you have a head full of naps" now if I present it to you in that light you can recongnize how foolish that sounds.

In my mind this article reflects classism. Because I get the sense that "poor" Afrikans are being refered to as niggas. For example the article says "niggas use liqour store check cashing places", people have to use what they have access to. The article says niggas work hard and gain nothing. Have you ever seen an Afrikan working for no gain? We all have bills, clothes we need, a rent to pay. So how is the writer going to assume that people are going to work everyday just to be there.

What really kills me is the last line "do you know the difference and which one are you?" I think the writer been reading those Willie Lynch letters one to many times....

Dont believe the hype!
      When you put it like that, I have no other option than to agree. I'd just like to say, on record, that I am not the author of this work. It was emailed to me by a friend. I guess in a way it does reflect classism. I posted it because I felt that it did hit on some good points. On the other hand, it does distract from the goals of Afrikans. Thanks for all of your replies. Very enlightening and, more importantly, humbling comments.
      We are not citizens of amerikkka. We are victims of amerikkka.

Thumbs Up/Down

Thumbs up i use the term dysfunctional afrikans

if we are living in the western hemisphere and way from our naturall environment,we are dysfunctional afrikans,because our diets are fucked and our behaviour pattern are mere reflection of our dysfunctionality,
      dysfunctional afrikans go to chuirch and temples an etc, end up eating crappy food,ya know,the western society breeds dysfunctional people,so their hospitals are full of menatlly sick people who reliies on psychosomatic drugs for their mental health,those that do identify with the system,will find out later that north amerikkka will chew their meat and sit their bones out

sotito! sododo! soora masika!
      " perform truth,perform righteousness,perform kindness and avoid cruelty!"

Nipa nye abe dua na ne ho ahyia ne ho. Or, Se mmerenkensono si ne ti ase a, na ewo dea asase reka kyere no. Also, Nnua nyinaa bewu agya abe.

Thumbs Up/Down

Me personally I detest the usage of the word nigga to refer to an Afrikan, but I digress...

Even to debate that there is a difference between a Black person and a Nigga is ignorant. All these handkerchief head negros walking around thinking they are a "Black Person" will be in for a shock when society treats them like what they call a "nigga".

I agree with Nesayem, it oozes classism. Classism and division are not something Afrikan people (Black people AND Niggas) can afford.

You can think there's a difference, but there is no difference, not in the eyes of the enemy, if you are a black person, you are a nigga in their eyes. If the enemys assault is against all of us, all of us must be united against the enemy, we can not validated the divisions placed upon us by the enemy.
      "If somebody told me I only had an hour to live, I'd spend it choking a white man. I'd do it nice and slow." - Miles Davis

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Nesayem

Dont believe the hype!
      In reference to negative Blacks they work hard but gain hardly anything spiritually.

General is offline Premium Member

Thumbs Up/Down

The Black people part sounds like what Uncle Toms would do. "Black people get high education". What is high education? What is low Education? Most of the High Educated persons commit treason against the Masses of people of the planet by being cowards and supporting Global White Terror. Not to suggest that we should not be economically fiscally intelligent, organized and proficient. Though most Negro's have Negro Consumer White Middle Class Values that the Churches and Colleges instill. Most Negro's I know in my city do not go to the Black Bookstore. Therefore in my opinion they are miseducated, underdeveloped and self hating. I can say this, because I have made more than some of these, but I just refuse to be a Need to Grow.

Uhuru

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

You can substitute the Black for White in the article and wouldnt really notice much of a diffrence if you know what I mean. I wouldnt even be surprised if it was written by a White guy trying to gain popularity among whoever will notice especially Afrocentric people.

TheQuietBrotha is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

ill probably be seen as a boot licking uncle tom when I say...

I agree with this article. The check cashing line was a bit classist I admit (your average hood has yet to have a bank installed in the neighborhood) but I see where the article is going.....you guys say its dividing, I say its merely highlighting a division thats existed for a while now. lemme just borrow the language of the article to illustrate my feelings

BLACK people are more likely to support (or at least consider) strategies to black liberation

NIGGAS are more likely to say its a bullshit idea

NIGGAS help the white establishment worsen and maintain our already vile and despicable condition

NIGGAS are more likely than BLACK people to sign on with whitey to destroy great african beings in the community

It was NIGGAS (with whiteys help of course) that got Malcolm X killed

Malcolm X said the NOI was a great organization and that NIGGAS ruined it

BLACK people are more likely (key word likely) to be open to the ideas and strategies of Pan-Africanism

NIGGAS are more likely to nurture the already blatant regional divisions within the black community

NIGGAS sold our black asses into slavery and whitey could not have achieved the many atrocities against us without the help of NIGGAS

NIGGAS are more likely to snitch to and help out the white man if a revolution should ever jump off

In short, the article is saying to me that BLACK people are more supportive of the progress and freedom of black people

It also tells me something I have known and seen for years: NIGGAS are a danger to the black community and theyre a threat to africans ever being free. If you wanna try and help out and change a NIGGA around, be my guest and most importantly GOOD LUCK cuz NIGGAS do not subscribe to ideals that will uplift them.

a fee examples of NIGGAS:

idiots who start trouble at peaceful get togethers

idiots who disresepct beautiful black women

females who'll chose a lowlife (meaning someone disrespectful who aint about shit) over a man that really cares for them and wants to see them reach their fullest potential

gold diggers and hoodrats

50 Cent and the G-Unit crew

Lil Jon

your stereotypical boujie negro

Robert Johnson (BET founder and CEO........major exporter of the NIGGA lifestyle world wide)

Rev. Jesse Peterson

Armstrong Williams

contrary to popular belief...you dont have to be middle class to be a BLACK person and you dont have to be poor to be a NIGGA.............think about that

Nesayem is offline Afrika Is In You

Thumbs Up/Down

The Quiet brotha says, "Malcolm X said the NOI was a great organization and that NIGGAS ruined it".

Nes says, " show and prove".

TQB says "NIGGAS sold our black asses into slavery and whitey could not have achieved the many atrocities against us without the help of NIGGAS"

Nesa says " To my knowldege it wasnt those N*ggas that brought you over here"

TQB says, "It also tells me something I have known and seen for years: NIGGAS are a danger to the black community and theyre a threat to africans ever being free. If you wanna try and help out and change a NIGGA around, be my guest and most importantly GOOD LUCK cuz NIGGAS do not subscribe to ideals that will uplift them"

Nes says, " The words to describe this mind state dont even fit in my mouth"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information