Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

godisblack3 is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0
      Given: 0/0

for those who DON'T KNOW........

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      HOTEP,I was reading some of the previous forums absorbing our nation building, when I came across someone mentioning Dr.Ben saying that Alkebulan is the original name of AFRICA, & THAT's IT.Well,for those who are NOT informed,Dr.Yosef BEN Jochannan is one of our most KNOWLEDGEABLE SCHOLARS OF the MOTHER CONTINENT; A MASTER TEACHER WHO IS ALL ABOUT SHOWING & PROVING & NOT JUST SPEAKING RHETORIC. This quote is from his book titled CULTURAL GENOCIDE IN THE BLACK & AFRICAN STUDIES CURRICULUM,pg 44 :
      *Among the many names ALKEBU-LAN [the "mother of mankind"] or the "garden of Eden" was called are the following:
      "ETHIOPIA, CORPHYE, ORTEGIA, LIBYA, & "AFRICA" LATEST of all."ALKEBU-LAN" is the OLDEST, and the only one of INDIGENOUS ORIGIN. It was used by the Moors, Nubians, Numidians, Khart-Haddans [Carthagenians] and Ethiopians. "Africa" the current misnomer adopted by almost everyone today, was given to this continent by the ancient Greeks & Romans.***

Mind you, Dr.BEN is WELL TRAVELED & BUILDS with the VARIOUS COMMUNITIES OF ALKEBU-LAN, so trust me, HE KNOWS WHAT it is he is SAYING. Ase.

G.O.D.F.A.T.H.A. is offline Universal Wisdom Seeker

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 11/1
      Given: 5/0

Uhuru warrior! This is peace.

rebelAfrika is offline Pan-Africanism or Perish!

Thumbs Up/Down

Dr. Ben is one of our GREATEST scholars. So is Ivan Van Sertima. Ivan Van Sertima said AFRICA is the most ancient name of Africa. Now what?

Thumbs Up/Down

Oh...and Alkebulan CANNOT mean "Garden of Eden" because AFRICA is older than the Bible.

IfasehunReincarnated is offline Never Let Them Disrespect the Ancestors

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0

Alkebu-lan doesnt mean "Garden of Eden" ......... and I am not sure that Dr. Ben ever said that it did.
      All is Well. Workin' Hard - Tryin' to Save Time for Fam. Check in Periodically.

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by rebelafrika
      Oh...and Alkebulan CANNOT mean "Garden of Eden" because AFRICA is older than the Bible.
      WHY ARE U SUBMITTING TO AN OBVIOUSLY EUROPEAN GIVEN NAME? Besides that, IVAN VAN SERTIMA, if its true that he believes what U are saying he said about AFRICA,then DR.BEN WOULD ROAST HIM in a CULTURAL debate.I've seen the brotha debate LIVE, & he's made PLENTY of heads whom think they know soooo much look like FOOLS.& the FIRST thing he would ask U or IVAN VAN SERTIMA about your AFRICA "FACTS" IS WHERE'S YOUR PROOF? Because trust, HE'S GOT HIS READY & LOADED TO GO.
      Last edited by godisblack3; 12-16-2005 at 03:31 PM.

Brother Tarikh is offline RA'S SUN!

Thumbs Up/Down

Save the Roasting for Comedy Central...

Alafia,

Why must there be any roasting of any kind between our most esteemed and learned scholars??? Time and energy is wasted when crap like that is engaged in. This isn't a war between Afrikan scholars, but a war between them and an ideology (white supremacy) that has lulled their people to sleep for centuries. Dr. Ben, as great as he is (and i will attest to) could be wrong. There is that possibility. So could Dr. Clarke, Dr. Ani, Minister Farrakhan, Dr. Diop, et al, ad infinitum. That's not the point, who is a better scholar and who would roast whom. The point is that we don't have time to engage in hero worship of any kind. If they are correct, all and good. If not, challenge their conclusions and keep it movin'. There's nothing that special about any of them (Dr. Ben included) where they cannot be RESPECTFULLY challenged. My mentor, Dr. Jacob Carruthers challenged one of his teachers, Dr. Cheikh Anta Diop, on his conclusions, but still paid him the respect he deserved.

For the record, Afrika isn't a European word, nor does it stem from Leo Africanus. In North Afrika, there were many nations of people who went by the names: Ifrik, Afers, Ifrika. Don't agree with me: go and research this for yourselves. The Romans met these people first, and then called the region where they met them Ifrik. Then it became Ifrika. Then, as the Romans began to travel farther into the heart of Afrika, they named all of the areas they were familiar with Ifrika. Later it became Afrika. This predates Leo Afrikanus, who according to J.A. Rogers, was a mixed Afrikan (having both Roman/European and Afrikan parents).

Soular-NRG.

I AM SOULONE.
      "When you do your homework, you can come out of any corner."--Baba Dr. John Henrik Clarke

"Any leadership that teaches you to depend upon another race is a leadership that will enslave you."--Marcus Mosiah Garvey

"But my spirit is growing in sevens."--Saul Williams.

"Backstage whisperin' to management, like 'change the order, there's no way that we can rock after THEM!'"--Black Thought.

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by godisblack3
      WHY ARE U SUBMITTING TO AN OBVIOUSLY EUROPEAN GIVEN NAME? Besides that, IVAN VAN SERTIMA, if its true that he believes what U are saying he said about AFRICA,then DR.BEN WOULD ROAST HIM in a CULTURAL debate.I've seen the brotha debate LIVE, & he's made PLENTY of heads whom think they know soooo much look like FOOLS.& the FIRST think he would ask U or IVAN VAN SERTIMA about your AFRICA "FACTS" IS WHERE'S YOUR PROOF? Because trust, HE'S GOT HIS READY & LOADED TO GO.
      According to the forward of Ivan Van Sertima's book entitled "Blacks in Science", the name "Africa" comes from "Af-Rui-Ka" and it means "birthplace". It is Kemetic in origin. Kemet is the name of the ancient civilizations that inhabited the Hapi (nile) Valley in Africa. It comes from Africans, not europeans. You can also check it out in the book entitled "What They Never Told You In History Class" (by Indus Khamit-Kush) on page 28. What does Alkebulan mean? What language is it? What is it's origin? Where does Dr. Ben document this?

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by rebelafrika
      What does Alkebulan mean? What language is it?
      Thats what I want to know, what language does Alkebulan come from?

Thumbs Up/Down

Hotep

I was just building with an EARTHMOTHER{an ELDER OUR-STORIAN not HIS-STORIAN} & SHE said the same thing I did....AFRICA IS OF EUROPEAN ORIGIN.ALKEBULAN MEANS LAND OF THE BLACKS.ALKEBULAN IS KEMETIC IN ORIGIN.

Tehuti-4 is offline Atef Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/1

I was just building with an EARTHMOTHER{an ELDER OUR-STORIAN not HIS-STORIAN} & SHE said the same thing I did....AFRICA IS OF EUROPEAN ORIGIN.ALKEBULAN MEANS LAND OF THE BLACKS.ALKEBULAN IS KEMETIC IN ORIGIN.
      Actually the word KHAMIT itself means means 'Land of the Blacks".
      The most powerful weapon in the hands of the oppressor is the mind of the oppressed.

Thumbs Up/Down

Okay. So all this means to me is that there is uneven scholarship...which I already knew. Where did Dr. Ben say that Alkebulan was Kemetic in origin?

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Tehuti-4
      Actually the word KHAMIT itself means means 'Land of the Blacks".

Good point. And I agree with this. Many scholars have evenly rendered the same conclusion. Now what about Alkebulan?

Thumbs Up/Down

I believe I also read that KMT was land of the Blacks...so either the sista I asked was wrong, OR,THEY BOTH MEAN LAND of the BLACKS.....THIS is getting me OPEN, which I fully appreciate the challenge from you all because it shows you actually CARE about the TRUTH in this....I will be doing some more research myself later tonight.I apologize about the roasting comment;I definitely shouldn't be trying to be epitomizing one of our scholars over the other, because they ALL have my RESPECTS for their thorough knowledge in OURSTORY.PEACE.

Brother Tarikh is offline RA'S SUN!

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by New Dwaben Chief
      Thats what I want to know, what language does Alkebulan come from?
      Alafia,

From the time i heard/read it, i immediately thought that the word was Arabic in origin. We may want to look there.

I AM SOULONE.
      "When you do your homework, you can come out of any corner."--Baba Dr. John Henrik Clarke

"Any leadership that teaches you to depend upon another race is a leadership that will enslave you."--Marcus Mosiah Garvey

"But my spirit is growing in sevens."--Saul Williams.

"Backstage whisperin' to management, like 'change the order, there's no way that we can rock after THEM!'"--Black Thought.

Thread Information