Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

nattyreb is offline Moderator

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 3/0
      Given: 0/0

Emergency at Autry State Prison in Georgia!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      via: editor@sfbayview.com
      =====================

Bro. Rashad just called from Georgia to say he got an SOS just now from Eugene Thomas, an extraordinary organizer at Autry State Prison (in Pelham, Ga.), saying that severe retaliation appears imminent after 75 prisoners filed grievances and many more than that are "sitting down," meaning they decline to participate in any normal activity, including going for meals.

Bro. Eugene is being singled out as the main organizer and expects the guards to attack at any moment. He asks everyone to call Warden Marty Allen at (229) 294-2940 to say something like this:

"I am concerned for the safety of inmate Eugene Thomas, #671488, and other prisoners who have filed grievances. I urge you to ensure that their grievances are heard and that they are not punished for stating their concerns."

Let's show we know that democracy means not only voting but enforcing our rights and the rights of our brothers and sisters - inside the walls as well as outside in the "free" world.

Mary Ratcliff
      SF Bay View
      (415) 671-0789

San Francisco Bay View Home - Use the Voters Guide if you're in the Bay Area, and everybody check for newly posted stories and videos. Lots of good stuff!
      "We must continue to move forward and do everything we can to outlaw legal lynching in America. We must continue to stand together in unity and to demand a moratorium on all executions. You must stay strong. You must continue to hold your heads up, and to be there. We will prevail. Keep marching Black people. They are killing me tonight. They are murdering me tonight." -- Excerpts of Last Words of Bro. Shaka Sankofa, an innocent man executed by the state of Texas, 6/22/00. www.myspace.com/nattyreb7

G1deon is offline Warrior

Off The Chain... On The Way To A Revolution
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0
      Given: 2/0

I called and was told the warden was not in and than asked to leave a message for him... see told me she'd transfer me but the woman had me on holding for over 3 minutes, so I hung up

I called back the same woman answered and now said he doesn't have voice-mail??? and to call back tomorrow

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

Asante sana, Bro., the warden is now on notice from several people, but more and more of us should callback tomorrow and even the next day just the same!

i hope all who are reading will call-in on behalf of this warrior Bro., his back is truly against the wall!

Forward ever and thanks again!
      "We must continue to move forward and do everything we can to outlaw legal lynching in America. We must continue to stand together in unity and to demand a moratorium on all executions. You must stay strong. You must continue to hold your heads up, and to be there. We will prevail. Keep marching Black people. They are killing me tonight. They are murdering me tonight." -- Excerpts of Last Words of Bro. Shaka Sankofa, an innocent man executed by the state of Texas, 6/22/00. www.myspace.com/nattyreb7

G1deon is offline Warrior

Off The Chain... On The Way To A Revolution
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0
      Given: 2/0

called back today... got transferred to the warden's secretary(?)

I told her my name and my role was in a KKKanda media outlet that was interested in inmate Eugene Thomas, #671488(while she took notes). That we will be following this story about actions concerning Eugene Thomas.

I than asked again can I speak to the warden to give him the details and I would rather speak with him on this matter... but the warden wouldn't be in till 12

...I did good, but I'm a rookie to this.

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0

the number is busy, i bet they took it off the hook. i will try back in an hour.

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

Right on, y'all! i've been passing the info on re: our calls and will definitely help keep us posted with everything that transpires, keep on!

DreadedBliss is offline Militia

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0

Passing this around, calling in the AM!
      "The Black skin is not a badge of shame, but rather a glorious symbol of national greatness." - The Honorable Marcus Mosiah Garvey

Thread Information