Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

IfasehunReincarnated is offline Never Let Them Disrespect the Ancestors

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 11/0
      Given: 0/0

Thumbs up OpenOffice is here!: Microsoft Office is Dead!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

OpenOffice has existed for some time. I have just been waiting for significant development to take place before I gave it a swing. Well, that time has arrived.

OpenOffice which is Sun MicroSystems, one of the premier technology on Earth is just as good as Microsoft Office or Corel, but it's totally free.

It was its own versions of Word, Excel, Access and Powerpoint. (It also opens PDF files) It's quickier, smaller, and oh yeah, did i mention that it's free? It opens files from ALL other word processor software, and it saves in all these versions too. So you can get and share files without any problems or special skills.

It also looks like Microsoft Office, so you will be able to find 99% of all features the first time you open it up! It's also open-source, so anyone can add their own features if they are a programmer, or use it as a base to create their OWN Office suite! This means the technology is and always will be free.

And you can give Microsoft the boot and not support technological imperialism! Because you know Microsoft wants you pay as much for Microsoft Office as you pay for a car note and that's ridiculous.

So if you're tired of paying upwards of $200-300 (and even more) for your copies of Microsoft Office Suite, or better yet, you are worried that they new validation process will detect that you own an ILLEGAL copy, just switch to OpenOffice and get everything that Bill "The Dictator" Gates sells, but for free!

To heck with Imperialism, to heck with Microsoft Office.

I have switched to OpenOffice for good.

5 star rating on this one.
      All is Well. Workin' Hard - Tryin' to Save Time for Fam. Check in Periodically.

Raha is offline Be EASY.

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0

Thumbs up

Thanks for the post, IfasehunReincarnated.

I'm downloading it as we speak. Now I won't have to pay 149 bucks for a product key.

Thanks again!

Peace.
      Pyrrhic Victory (New songs are up!): http://www.reverbnation.com/pyrrhicvictory

Some people take themselves WAY TOO SERIOUSLY, when in actuality, no one else is really taking them as seriously as they think.

Raha is offline Be EASY.

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

Question: Would it be safe to delete the Microsoft Office programs from the computer, or does OpenOffice rely on the Microsoft programs to function correctly?

Thanks again!

Peace.

Some people take themselves WAY TOO SERIOUSLY, when in actuality, no one else is really taking them as seriously as they think.

Im The Truth is offline Organizer

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 12/1
      Given: 7/0

No Open Office is completely independent of M$

Also I don't think it was mention above but you will need to download (if you already don't have it) the latest Java Runtime Environment (JRE), but OpenOfiice should help you download it.
      "If the enemy is not doing anything against you, you are not doing anything"
      -Ahmed Sékou Touré

"speak truth, do justice, be kind and do not do evil."
      -Baba Orunmila

"Cowardice asks the question: is it safe? Expediency asks the question: is it political? Vanity asks the question: is it popular? But conscience asks the question: is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor political, nor popular - but one must take it simply because it is right."
      --Dr. Martin L. King

Get Involved!

Raha is offline Be EASY.

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Im The Truth
      No Open Office is completely independent of M$

Also I don't think it was mention above but you will need to download (if you already don't have it) the latest Java Runtime Environment (JRE), but OpenOfiice should help you download it.
      Thanks for the info, Im The Truth.

IfasehunReincarnated is offline Never Let Them Disrespect the Ancestors

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 11/0

Yeah. I already had the Java because I use Opera so I didnt think to mention it. But I have been using the latest version since I wrote this post. Its completely independent of MS. But it can save in Word Format for easy file sharing.
      All is Well. Workin' Hard - Tryin' to Save Time for Fam. Check in Periodically.

Thread Information