Forgot your password?

Thread: DSL: Pricing

IfasehunReincarnated is offline Never Let Them Disrespect the Ancestors

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 11/0
      Given: 0/0

DSL: Pricing

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      What are some of the cheapest prices you have seen for DSL? Do you have a local or national carrier?
      All is Well. Workin' Hard - Tryin' to Save Time for Fam. Check in Periodically.

Baba Ahmed is offline Honorable Ancestor

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 3/0

Yes I have it via BellSouth... I'm still not clear how much this damn thing costs per month. I signed for some package deal; at the time my total bill averaged between $70 - $75 including dial up. My current bill is about $120.
      Free Dome Zone

http://www.oneblackearth.com
      http://oneblackearth.tripod.com
      ==========================

PayPal ready.

Thumbs Up/Down

btw IfasehunReincarnated - r u familiar with "G-Mail" via Google? If not will u ck into it and give your opinion. Two features, at least that's what they call'em, are either 100 or 1,000 megs of space and so no need to erase anything! They keep yo shyt forever.

Question: does not yahoo & hotmail have same ability; i.e., to keep stuff forever?

medaase pa

kwame
      Free Dome Zone

PayPal ready.

IfasehunReincarnated is offline Never Let Them Disrespect the Ancestors

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 11/0

i am familar to some extent. G-mail has advanced search features that allow you to use a search engine to sort through your email. i have already have this feature built in my browser, Opera.

it also uses this same technology to sort through your email, find keywords and use that to determine advertising that will appeal to you. unless you pay for a version that comes with no advertising.

all in all, gmail claims to protect your identity and your privacy. but you should know that you taking them on the honor system. they DO have the ability to read your messages and sort through them more effectively than ever before.

i think the idea of never erasing an email is initially cool. but then i think about it, and i think its like never throwing out anything in your basement or closet. i guess its good for some. i have a website and email system that comes along with it, so i have tons of storage space. but i still periodically dump old stuff. in fact, i kicked 30 or so messages to the curb this morning.

my main thought are that gmail does exactly what it claims to do and much more. its an excellent organizing and storage tool. learn all its functions and you will be pleased. privacy issues are my only concern.
      All is Well. Workin' Hard - Tryin' to Save Time for Fam. Check in Periodically.

TyreeA is offline Honorable Elder

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0

Uggg,,

Here in SE DC, we don't have DSL! I can get it if I get cable, but I have Directv and I REFUSE to do satelite DSL with directv and I refuse to get cable just for DSL... Nope!! I will stay with dail up until they get SE in the loop.

If I had more crackers on this side of the city, they would blow up my mail slot in my front door up with ads for DSL!

Mohunchies!!
      Know that I am,
      Yah Eternal Sistah

"The ends you serve that are selfish will take you no further than yourself; but the ends you serve that are for all, in common, will take you even into eternity."

- The Right Excellent Honorable Marcus Mosiah Garvey

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by IfasehunReincarnated
      i am familar to some extent. G-mail has advanced search features that allow you to use a search engine to sort through your email. i have already have this feature built in my browser, Opera.

it also uses this same technology to sort through your email, find keywords and use that to determine advertising that will appeal to you. unless you pay for a version that comes with no advertising.

all in all, gmail claims to protect your identity and your privacy. but you should know that you taking them on the honor system. they DO have the ability to read your messages and sort through them more effectively than ever before.

i think the idea of never erasing an email is initially cool. but then i think about it, and i think its like never throwing out anything in your basement or closet. i guess its good for some. i have a website and email system that comes along with it, so i have tons of storage space. but i still periodically dump old stuff. in fact, i kicked 30 or so messages to the curb this morning.

my main thought are that gmail does exactly what it claims to do and much more. its an excellent organizing and storage tool. learn all its functions and you will be pleased. privacy issues are my only concern.
      I can diggit. I had and still have some of the same reservations u mention. In fact when one of my sons invited me and even with my neophite level in using internet, I do not believe my stuff is safe; especially with that line of it never b n erased! But I weakened 'cause I tired of hotmail tryna force me into pay'n $20. for more space.

I wasn't aware of the browser u mention; whats it's price?

IfasehunReincarnated I heard, I think via an Art Bell radio show that there's a master memory bank in Holland holding dosiers on virtually every individual on this planet. U ever hear anything like that? Any thing near that claim?

Since u advise tightening up in gmail usage, will do. Basically I just receive and send messages. I've not gotten to deep in storage, yet. Since I have "free" version, since signing on more and more pop-ups appearing. I've done some quarantine'n and deleting via Ad-Ware. They just keep returning, as if they be programmed to resurrect themselves. Damnit. I may ck into it's for pay service. Pop-ups can be very aggravating. But as u know the feds Echelon and Black Lantern can dip into most site info, no matter the depth of its storage. A site's entire storage with echelon or selectively with Black Lantern. What else would they call it, besides Black something?
      Free Dome Zone

PayPal ready.

Thumbs Up/Down

I just gave Opera a quick check. Curious: what's exchange rate of krona to dollar? Can both IE and Opera browsers be stored same time? Is it necessary to do so? I saw no reference to compatibility with DSL.
      Still checking. I've few problems with IE, except when I wipe away cookies and files. Then usually not only a few sites act funky; especially this one, but also the stuff often freezes on me.

Thanks it looks usable Imma also check with my gadget liking son for opinion. His thing is to discard all "old" stuff; I ain't think'n 'bout that; just using it for basic word processing and email. I buy only books, on occasion online.
      Free Dome Zone

PayPal ready.

Thread Information