Forgot your password?

AzaniaSpeaks is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0
      Given: 0/0

DVD doesn't recognize disk capacity

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      Greetings! ImHotep!

When recording some data files to DVD I noticed the software [nero] kept reading the disk as though it was 750 mg instead of the 4.7 gb that it was.

I contacted the dvd manufacturer and was informed that no driver updates were available -- it was designed for windows driver. But there was an update to/for the firmware.

If I flash the firmware will that make the driver read the correct disk capacity?

Please advise!

Asante sana for your assistance.
      The KMTK symbol SEBEK is the Crocodile image of the Divine Messenger and embodiment of the 'Word of God' SEBEK RULES COMMUNICATION, COMMUNION AND COMMUTING -- 'WORD/UTTERANCE' AS A CREATIVE FORCE IN FORMING REALITY!

Azania Speaks - With The Voice of the Crocodile - SEBEK - Divine Utterance! Peace Born of Power!

http://www.sur-bet.org Some United Responsible Blacks Embracing Togetherness

"Courage is not the absence of fear -- it is the possession of fortitude!"

AfroNinpo is offline Media Assassin!

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

I can't say for sure without being on your computer, but it sounds like Nero is expecting a CDR instead of a DVD. Check and make sure you have the right option selected.
      Nuk Khapera Heru'ur
      The Greatest Revenge Is MASSIVE Success!

Thumbs Up/Down

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by AfroNinpo
      I can't say for sure without being on your computer, but it sounds like Nero is expecting a CDR instead of a DVD. Check and make sure you have the right option selected.
      Greetings! ImHotep!

Yeah I thought that too! Checked and rechecked but couldn't get the software [nero] to read properly. . . . gonna check it again later in the week!

Asante sana for the input!
      The KMTK symbol SEBEK is the Crocodile image of the Divine Messenger and embodiment of the 'Word of God' SEBEK RULES COMMUNICATION, COMMUNION AND COMMUTING -- 'WORD/UTTERANCE' AS A CREATIVE FORCE IN FORMING REALITY!

Azania Speaks - With The Voice of the Crocodile - SEBEK - Divine Utterance! Peace Born of Power!

Jahness is offline OniOni Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0
      Given: 18/0

Arrow

Greetings AzaniaSpeaks & AfroNinpo!

AfroNinpo it is always a good idea to check and make sure you have the right device option selected.

Sister Azania before you flash the firmware lets check out some other options first as we do some basic troubleshooting.

1. What software are you using to burn the DVD with? You mentioned Nero, what version of Nero, InCD etc. InCD: This is packet writing software that comes bundled with Ahead Nero Burning Rom. This package will load a packet-writing software that will constantly talk to your CD/DVD writer, and can cause a number of issues while trying to write a disc. Disabling this software is not enough, as a portion of this package is always running after you start windows. You will need to uninstall it in Add/Remove programs, then reboot to remove it. For more information go to Nero's website at http://www.nero.com/en/

2. You stated "When recording some data files to DVD I noticed the software [nero] kept reading the disk as though it was 750 mg instead of the 4.7 gb that it was." Is it only some files or all files you want copied to the DVD.

3. Have you burned a DVD successfully on your computer before or prior to this incident happening?

4. I am assuming that you are running win XP Pro? Again we have different solutions, based on whatever operating system you are running. I know you probably told me before what your OS is, but I can't remember, I deal with most of them so I won't always remember yours :o

5. Your dvd writer has to be set to the master drive in order to burn. You may need to open your computer to look. If you are not comfortable doing this ask someone whom you trust. You need to make sure the jumper settings are set to what they need to be set for on the back of the drive which means you need to open pc, usually the top drive is set to master middle is usually slave. The conector on the end is for master,middle is for slave. Also the jumpers on the back of the drives would also have to positioned to master /slave

6. Sometimes other burning software will cause dvd copy not to work right. How many different types of DVD burning software do you have on your comp?

7. What make or model is your DVD burner?

8. Your anti-virus program may also be a factor as well. You may have to disable it while burning the DVD.

Peace
      Jahness
      Posted In The Spirit of Learning & Sharing
      One Love & Respect Always

The Quest for knowledge stops at the grave.
      HIM Emperor Haile Selassie I.

If you fail to prepare,
      you are preparing to fail!

Mind what you want, because someone wants your mind.

Working together, the ants ate the elephant.

Thumbs Up/Down

Lightbulb

Greetings! ImHotep!

As usual your response/information is in depth and thorough! Asante sana!

I will address each point of your troubleshooting formula and keep you posted as to my success!

Again, asante sana, for being -- patient, intelligent, generous, wise and on the case!

Thread Information