Forgot your password?

Thread: Just Attacked !

Burningspear is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0
      Given: 0/0

Just Attacked !

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      My defenses built into my browser , Mozilla Firefox , just reject a Trojan Virus attack at this site . Someone must have targeted us . Keep your system updated .
      " Wherever death may surprise us , let it be welcome , provided that this , our battle cry , may have reached some receptive ear and another hand may be extended to wield our weapons and other men be ready to intone the funeral dirge with the staccato singing of the machine guns and new battle cries of war and victory " CHE

Jacuma is offline Forward To PanAfricanism

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 15/1
      Given: 15/0

Talking

Warrior BurningSpear if you were attacked, I assume by a hacker, rest assured it wasnt related to this site, its related to your ip address, mine for example is attacked at least 5 times on any given day, hackers scan for open ports on your computer, if you have firewall protection the alerts you are getting means your program is working, otherwise you are getting a false reading and may need to adjust your settings to allow the cookies on this site to work properly, hackers have no way of knowing who you are in relationship to this site.

Thumbs Up/Down

Thanks Jacuma , I appreciate that .
      " Wherever death may surprise us , let it be welcome , provided that this , our battle cry , may have reached some receptive ear and another hand may be extended to wield our weapons and other men be ready to intone the funeral dirge with the staccato singing of the machine guns and new battle cries of war and victory " CHE

IfasehunReincarnated is offline Never Let Them Disrespect the Ancestors

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 11/0

well, technically Jacuma's reply is correct - 99% of the time. BUT, there has been a rash of hackers actually commandeering websites and/or host servers temporarily for the purpose of installing malicious viruses. In some cases its exhortion and in others it is programmers testing their skills. again, it is possible for some to attack the host provider and use individual sites to launch viruses.

Mozilla Firefox is a nice browser, and its rarely wrong about what it reports in the form of viruses. Check your emails to make sure you aren't harboring a bad email, and recount your steps, did you have any other windows open at the time you viewed this site?

Jacuma, its always worth it to put in a service ticket and ask if anyone else has had any recent challenges with site security. They tell you if you ask, but almost never volunteer the news on their own.
      All is Well. Workin' Hard - Tryin' to Save Time for Fam. Check in Periodically.

Thumbs Up/Down

Brother IfasehunReincarnated , again you demonstrate a vast me'lange of knowledge , thanks . No other windows opened .

Thumbs Up/Down

www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/

I just removed two viruses using the free online service above . Norton and AVG did not detect them .

Freshbone is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

^^ Thanks for the link brother!
      Niggaz tell you they're ready to be liberated, but when you say, "Let's go take our liberation", niggaz reply, "I was just playin". Niggaz are playin' with revolution and losin'. Niggaz are scared of revolution.
      -The Last Poets
      www.redblackgreen.uni.cc

Im The Truth is offline Organizer

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 12/1
      Given: 7/0

Also many times what is caught by a web browser or anti virus system is not a malicious trojan it is usually spyware that uses trojans to send ads. There are plenty of them. You'll know if there is a malicious trojan or virus on your computer pronto. I know I've seen plenty in action. Also it is good that you have more than one anti-virus program also you should get more than one spyware/adware program too. Also I'd say the same thing for a firewall too.
      "If the enemy is not doing anything against you, you are not doing anything"
      -Ahmed Sťkou Tourť

"speak truth, do justice, be kind and do not do evil."
      -Baba Orunmila

"Cowardice asks the question: is it safe? Expediency asks the question: is it political? Vanity asks the question: is it popular? But conscience asks the question: is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor political, nor popular - but one must take it simply because it is right."
      --Dr. Martin L. King

Get Involved!

TyreeA is offline Honorable Elder

Thumbs Up/Down

I get over 30 hits per session. My puter name is Khallid, named so after The NBPP Chair who passed some time ago. While I think it's a magnet, I got something for 'em!

My firewall and spybot and antivirus is ALWAYS on as long as I am on line.
      Know that I am,
      Yah Eternal Sistah

"The ends you serve that are selfish will take you no further than yourself; but the ends you serve that are for all, in common, will take you even into eternity."

- The Right Excellent Honorable Marcus Mosiah Garvey

Thread Information