Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Im The Truth is offline Organizer

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 12/1
      Given: 7/0

Exclamation What Is A Strong Secure Password?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      A secure password consist of:
      -long password (7 or more characters)
      -mixed characters (Uppercase [A], lowercase [a], special characters[*], numbers [1])
      -ex. "Assata_is_#1" (please do not use this pass lol.)

To further security a password it is important to change this often (every 3 months is the standard).

Also never give out your password under any circumstance not even to Militia or Cadre.
      "If the enemy is not doing anything against you, you are not doing anything"
      -Ahmed Sékou Touré

"speak truth, do justice, be kind and do not do evil."
      -Baba Orunmila

"Cowardice asks the question: is it safe? Expediency asks the question: is it political? Vanity asks the question: is it popular? But conscience asks the question: is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor political, nor popular - but one must take it simply because it is right."
      --Dr. Martin L. King

Get Involved!

IfasehunReincarnated is offline Never Let Them Disrespect the Ancestors

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 11/0
      Given: 0/0

I have started using Quickly Password Generator v1.2 it automatically generates alphanumeric passwords for you. You can choose length, add special characters and save a list of them so you dont have to regenerate over and over again.
      All is Well. Workin' Hard - Tryin' to Save Time for Fam. Check in Periodically.

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

Let's Us Return
      -Ahmed Sékou Touré

-Baba Orunmila

"Cowardice asks the question: is it safe? Expediency asks the question: is it political? Vanity asks the question: is it popular? But conscience asks the question: is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor political, nor popular - but one must take it simply because it is right."
      --Dr. Martin L. King

Get Involved!

josteele is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0

hmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by IfasehunReincarnated
      I have started using Quickly Password Generator v1.2 it automatically generates alphanumeric passwords for you. You can choose length, add special characters and save a list of them so you dont have to regenerate over and over again.

Dont you think if a computer is generating the password 'randomly' or however how it does it. That same system that 'randomizes' the password could be used to decode or find it?
      Like I said, I dont know nuthin bout computers but it dont seem far-fetched.

Thumbs Up/Down

If you come up with a 'good' password (if one exists), it should be man-made not computer generated. It should also have nothing to do with anything you relate-to to the point where it appears random. But even that dont protect you cuz whatever you enterin yo password into gotta have some sorta back door, just cuz you dont know how dont mean caint nobody get in through that back door.

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

What are you talking about? You said you don't know anything about computer so what makes you think what you are saying is valid about secure passwords? What you are saying is something that is completely made up and has no serious technical backing. The P C Tech Advice forum is made to help people not to confuse them. This is what you are doing when you assume.
      -Ahmed Sékou Touré

-Baba Orunmila

--Dr. Martin L. King

Get Involved!

Thumbs Up/Down

Close, but no cigar

Quote Originally Posted by Im The Truth
      What are you talking about? You said you don't know anything about computer so what makes you think what you are saying is valid about secure passwords? What you are saying is something that is completely made up and has no serious technical backing. The P C Tech Advice forum is made to help people not to confuse them. This is what you are doing when you assume.
      You dont have to know anything about computers to know how machines and systems work. A computer is a machine created by a system of devices. You dont have to know much about computers to know if the password you enter into a computer allows you access into the computer, then the password itself must be stored into a device so that the computer acknowledges its correct, otherwise youd be askin the computer to guess if its right. Now if we both agree that the password wheter you enter it or not is in the computer system, do you really believe your the only one who has access to it in say a large system like the internet.

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

An intelligent person taught me a long ago it is better to "know" rather than "believe". So I don't have to "believe" I'm the only one who has access to it in say a large system like the internet when I know about large systems like the Internet.

All password-based systems do not have backdoors. As a matter of fact most systems that have backdoors are some difficult to get into that by time a person figures it out the backdoor is fixed. Also another important fact about password based systems is that passwords aren't stored the way as you type them in. They are encrypted using any encryption method the developer wants. Some password-based systems use encryption methods some complex that it is useless to try to break a password because it's virtually impossible to do. Encryption methods so complex it would be easier to try to get the person who's password you are trying to steal to tell you rather than to try to "hack" the password from a system.

There is no need to guess when you can learn/know about passwords-based systems.
      -Ahmed Sékou Touré

-Baba Orunmila

--Dr. Martin L. King

Get Involved!

Thumbs Up/Down

dont doubt it...

An intelligent person taught me a long ago it is better to "know" rather than "believe". So I don't have to "believe" I'm the only one who has access to it in say a large system like the internet when I know about large systems like the Internet.

All password-based systems do not have backdoors. As a matter of fact most systems that have backdoors are some difficult to get into that by time a person figures it out the backdoor is fixed. Also another important fact about password based systems is that passwords aren't stored the way as you type them in. They are encrypted using any encryption method the developer wants. Some password-based systems use encryption methods some complex that it is useless to try to break a password because it's virtually impossible to do. Encryption methods so complex it would be easier to try to get the person who's password you are trying to steal to tell you rather than to try to "hack" the password from a system.

There is no need to guess when you can learn/know about passwords-based systems.

Im pretty sure you know more about computers than me so id be useless for me to argue wit you bout this. All I gotta say is if you cant defend something yourself dont count 100% on it being defended, especially when your askin a machine programmed by a man to do the defending.
      Thanks for the info, BE SAFE.

manifestdestiny is offline Administrator

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 3/0
      Given: 2/0

I agree with the efforts of secrecy but we all know there is nothing online that cannot be hacked. Moreover, considering the extent in which our government is willing to go to infiltrate I have no doubt that they haven't (this site is banned on Wayne State Universities Computers) So, take it easy on the brotha his statement was not ill-intended.

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

While it is true "nothing online that cannot be hacked" but there are 100s of ways to hack a system and having a weak/easy to guess (by a program) password is one of the stupidest reasons to be hacked. Internet security has nothing to do with being invincible but it does have something to do with making hacking attempts more difficult. The more difficult it is to hack to into a system the less chances you'll be hacked. Also as I said before there are 100s of ways to hack a system some way worse than others. What some people may consider the worse is for a site to go down but this is not true because there are 100s of varibles in a site going down. So attacks cause site to go down forever and others are temporary. The worst hacks are when crackers gain full access to a system and the simpliest way to do this is to find out people's passwords. To do this shouldn't be aided by have weak passwords hence the purpose of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by manifestdestiny
      I agree with the efforts of secrecy but we all know there is nothing online that cannot be hacked. Moreover, considering the extent in which our government is willing to go to infiltrate I have no doubt that they haven't (this site is banned on Wayne State Universities Computers) So, take it easy on the brotha his statement was not ill-intended.
      -Ahmed Sékou Touré

-Baba Orunmila

--Dr. Martin L. King

Get Involved!

Thumbs Up/Down

????

While it is true "nothing online that cannot be hacked" but there are 100s of ways to hack a system and having a weak/easy to guess (by a program) password is one of the stupidest reasons to be hacked. Internet security has nothing to do with being invincible but it does have something to do with making hacking attempts more difficult. The more difficult it is to hack to into a system the less chances you'll be hacked. Also as I said before there are 100s of ways to hack a system some way worse than others. What some people may consider the worse is for a site to go down but this is not true because there are 100s of varibles in a site going down. So attacks cause site to go down forever and others are temporary. The worst hacks are when crackers gain full access to a system and the simpliest way to do this is to find out people's passwords. To do this shouldn't be aided by have weak passwords hence the purpose of this thread.

From your response you must already know then hackers dont always look to find your password to access your information. So therefore having a 'secure' password is only protecting yourself from individuals who only know how to access your information through your password. I wrongly thought you were trying to prevent this from happening with individuals who know of otherways to access your info. My bad. One Luv.

Thread Information