Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

kLmNaTy is offline Be-Headed

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0
      Given: 0/0

Exclamation Help!!! Somethins wrong

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      After my computer is on for like a 30 minutes it freezes and never comes back to normal unless I press the restart button. Its been doin this alot and its takin shorter and shorter time to freeze. What do I do? Do I needa new screen?

Insatiable is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

There could be a number or problems, and hence, a number of solutions.

I'm assuming that you are running a version of the Windows OS.

There may be an invalid program attempting to start with Windows.

Run "msconfig" using the "Run" application from the Start Menu.

This brings up the System Configuration Utility. The tab "Startup" lists the programs attempting to run upon startup. Select only the programs needed for operation.

This may help. If not, we will try to find another solution.

Thumbs Up/Down

I did what you, said I dont think it is gon do nothin. Im usin Windown XP Home edition. Cant stay on for long at all each time, like if i let it off for 2 hours itll last 2 minutes. Any help?

IfasehunReincarnated is offline Never Let Them Disrespect the Ancestors

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 11/0

u need to make sure you dont have a virus. its holiday season, so lots of news out.

and anti-virus is only good if the updates are recent. new updates come out every two or three weeks for new viruses.

go here for a free version of AVG >> http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/1

also go to their utilities page and get any seperate tools for virus removal.
      All is Well. Workin' Hard - Tryin' to Save Time for Fam. Check in Periodically.

Thumbs Up/Down

I scanned for viruses,adware,spyware, everythign is ok. But it keeps gettin worse. I hate fuckin computers. How much does it cost to juss go out n buy a new one from a store like a Dell or sumthin??? I think maybe its juss these people i have build my computer and also fixin it. Are the computers you buy in a store good and fast and everything? Can someone give me a median priceof one?

Thumbs Up/Down

added question: Do most of yall that use the computer alot juss use the store bought computers? I called a couple stores I should be able tog et one for like 300-600$$, is that a pretty good price?

Thanks for your help. Ima tryn psot as much as I can on here, but if Im gone for a while, yall know why lol.

IfasehunReincarnated is offline Never Let Them Disrespect the Ancestors

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 11/0

there is no simple answer. depends what you are going to be doing with it. the avg person can hang w/ a $500-600. i wouldnt trust a $300 machine. and please dont call one of those numbers off tv where they have a computer that you can make payments on and without credit. they will charge over 200-400% in interest and they will do everything possible to ensure that you default on the loan, so they can get even more out of you.

and just because your virus scan says clean doesnt mean its clean. i would only suggest that its your computer if its 3 years old or older and no one takes good care of it.

a virus can damage a program, get cleans at virus scan then leave you with the problem. there was a virus this time last year that made computer shut down automatically. netsky or something like that?
      All is Well. Workin' Hard - Tryin' to Save Time for Fam. Check in Periodically.

Thumbs Up/Down

Thanks homie. I duno what wrong wit it, im surprised im still able to get on, but its really f'ed up, theres lines alla ross the screen and shit lol. But hopefully itll work a couple more times and then ill get it fixed. Wont be postin much for a few days probably but I'll try. Stay up.

ALL POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!!!!!

afrika is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by kLmNaTy
      After my computer is on for like a 30 minutes it freezes and never comes back to normal unless I press the restart button. Its been doin this alot and its takin shorter and shorter time to freeze. What do I do? Do I needa new screen?
      Warrior:

Let's start from the beginning. Is this a brand name computer or a generic.....did somebody build it for you?

If you are still having the problem, send me a 'pm' ....we may be able do this by phone, if you are in the United States ...if you do not have any reservations about that.

Regards,
      Afrika

Thumbs Up/Down

Afrika thanks for wantin to help me but I dont think theres anything anybody can do because the computer is dead and dont even turn on lol. Im usin someone elses computer at the moment and I think Ill be able to get another computer that works soon.

The computer that was broke was a custom built computer that I got. The computer that I think Im gon get is a store bought one, thats good right? Can you tell me what a medium price for a medium quality computer is?

Thumbs Up/Down

Arrow

You know my brother, it could just be a blown up power supply ($20.00). Have you had a qualified Tech look at it?

I shop for parts and accessories Here . You can't go wrong with them. I have been using them for years. They are currently having some great end of year clearance deals. Explore the site and let me know what you think.

Back to how much a reasonable computer should cost ...It all depends on:

1. What you will be doing with it most of the time
      2. How deep your pocket is

If money is not a problem, then by all means go to the nearest 'Best Buy' or 'Circuit City' or whatever and get the latest they have. If you are budget concious, then use the link above by all means. They have brand new and re-furbished computers, ranging from as little as $50 to as high as $5,000.

My brother, tell me exactly how much you are willing to spend, what you already have and don't need (eg. monitor etc.), then probably I can recommend one for you from the site. On the other hand, I wish I could talk to you directly!

Thumbs Up/Down

The computer was custom built from scratch with everything brand new, nothin even used. It was built not to long ago, less than a year. I think they juss did a terrible job and dont know nothin bout what they are doin.

All I do online is browse websites such as this and use my Instant Messenger (AIM).

Im not sure if Ill have to BUY a new computer because someone might be able to hook me up with one. But if I do have to buy one then it shouldnt be any more than like $700 because Im not the only one who uses the computer, so I wont be the only one payin. Can I get a good computer for that price in a local store? I know there are alot of good deals with mail-in-rebates right now.

I probably need about everything, the screen was real messed up, I already have a ight printer. Everything else like the keyboard and mouse are like 10 years old so I should get a new one of those as long as they aint all fancy and expensive.

I dont really feel safe orderin somethin this expensive from a website, you know? Thats why Im wonderin if they would have a ight computer at a local store.

The best I can do right now for you to get at me directly is for you to Instant Message me on AIM or yahoo. Is that good for you?

Thumbs Up/Down

Arrow

Which store do you intend to go to? I am sure they have a website. Let me know so that I can take a look at what they have.

As for the link I provided you with, you don't have to order online, they have a phone number you can use on their website (which is down right now)

Thumbs Up/Down

well Im not exactly what stores even sell computers. The obvious ones would be Best Buy, Office Depot, Circuit City. Im sure they all have juss bout the same deals goin probably. Not sure if one would be generally cheaper than the other or what.

Thread Information