Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up


    Results 1 to 12 of 12
    1. #1
      Jahness's Avatar
      Jahness is offline OniOni Warrior

      Join Date
      Mar 2005
      Location
      In amerikkka! Stolen from Afrika!
      Posts
      6,827
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0
      Given: 18/0
      Rep Power
      616

      Arrow Teen's iPhone hack opens up device to other carriers


      0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      Teen's iPhone hack opens up device to other carriers

      By PETER SVENSSON
      Associated Press
      Published on: 08/24/07

      New York — A teenager in New Jersey has broken the lock that ties Apple's iPhone to AT&T's wireless network, freeing the most hyped cell phone ever for use on the networks of other carriers, including overseas ones.


      George Hotz, 17, confirmed Friday that he had unlocked an iPhone and was using it on T-Mobile's network, the only major U.S. carrier apart from AT&T that is compatible with the iPhone's cellular technology.

      While the possibility of switching from AT&T to T-Mobile may not be a major development for U.S. consumers, it opens up the iPhone for use on the networks of overseas carriers.

      "That's the big thing," said Hotz, in a phone interview from his home in Glen Rock.

      The phone, which combines an innovative touch-screen interface with the media-playing abilities of the iPod, is sold only in the U.S.

      Calls to AT&T and Apple for comment were not immediately returned.

      The hack, which Hotz posted Thursday to his blog (http://iphonejtag.blogspot.com/), is complicated and requires skill with both soldering and software. It takes about two hours to perform. Since the details are public, it seems likely that a small industry may spring up to buy U.S. iPhones, unlock them and send them overseas.

      "That's exactly, like, what I don't want," Hotz said. "I don't want people making money off this."

      He said he wished he could make the instructions simpler, so users could modify the phones themselves.

      "But that's the simplest I could make them," Hotz said.

      The modification leaves the iPhone's many functions, including a built-in camera and the ability to access Wi-Fi networks, intact. The only thing that won't work is the "visual voicemail" feature, which shows voice messages as if they were incoming e-mail.

      Hotz collaborated online with four other people, two of them in Russia, to develop the unlocking process.

      "Then there are two guys who I think are somewhere U.S.-side," Hotz said. He knows them only by their online handles.



      Find this article at:
      http://www.ajc.com/services/content/...xsvc=7&cxcat=6
      Posted In The Spirit of Learning & Sharing
      One Love & Respect Always

      ***************************************
      The Quest for knowledge stops at the grave.
      HIM Emperor Haile Selassie I.


      If you fail to prepare,
      you are preparing to fail!


      Mind what you want, because someone wants your mind.

      Working together, the ants ate the elephant.


    2. #2

      Join Date
      Nov 2005
      Location
      In my skin
      Posts
      1,599
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0
      Given: 0/0
      Rep Power
      210

      0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Jahness View Post
      Teen's iPhone hack opens up device to other carriers

      By PETER SVENSSON
      Associated Press
      Published on: 08/24/07

      New York — A teenager in New Jersey has broken the lock that ties Apple's iPhone to AT&T's wireless network, freeing the most hyped cell phone ever for use on the networks of other carriers, including overseas ones.


      George Hotz, 17, confirmed Friday that he had unlocked an iPhone and was using it on T-Mobile's network, the only major U.S. carrier apart from AT&T that is compatible with the iPhone's cellular technology.

      While the possibility of switching from AT&T to T-Mobile may not be a major development for U.S. consumers, it opens up the iPhone for use on the networks of overseas carriers.

      "That's the big thing," said Hotz, in a phone interview from his home in Glen Rock.

      The phone, which combines an innovative touch-screen interface with the media-playing abilities of the iPod, is sold only in the U.S.

      Calls to AT&T and Apple for comment were not immediately returned.

      The hack, which Hotz posted Thursday to his blog (http://iphonejtag.blogspot.com/), is complicated and requires skill with both soldering and software. It takes about two hours to perform. Since the details are public, it seems likely that a small industry may spring up to buy U.S. iPhones, unlock them and send them overseas.

      "That's exactly, like, what I don't want," Hotz said. "I don't want people making money off this."

      He said he wished he could make the instructions simpler, so users could modify the phones themselves.

      "But that's the simplest I could make them," Hotz said.

      The modification leaves the iPhone's many functions, including a built-in camera and the ability to access Wi-Fi networks, intact. The only thing that won't work is the "visual voicemail" feature, which shows voice messages as if they were incoming e-mail.

      Hotz collaborated online with four other people, two of them in Russia, to develop the unlocking process.

      "Then there are two guys who I think are somewhere U.S.-side," Hotz said. He knows them only by their online handles.



      Find this article at:
      http://www.ajc.com/services/content/...xsvc=7&cxcat=6
      This is a very interesting story. I guess this hack isn't illegal. Otherwise, the story would take on a much different tone. I like the fact that it's a 17 year old who has the ability to pull off such a highly technical feat that most very highly trained computer analysts and programmers couldn't. Of course he had a little help but if he actually opened the thing up and soldered it and programmed it with switchboards and all of that, this kid has a very bright future! This story is BIG! He's 17!

      Microsoft hires hackers to keep up with competion. See the link below.

      http://news.com.com/2100-1040-957160.html
      We are not citizens of amerikkka. We are victims of amerikkka.

    3. #3
      Jahness's Avatar
      Jahness is offline OniOni Warrior

      Join Date
      Mar 2005
      Location
      In amerikkka! Stolen from Afrika!
      Posts
      6,827
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0
      Given: 18/0
      Rep Power
      616

      Arrow


      0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Student View Post
      This is a very interesting story. I guess this hack isn't illegal. Otherwise, the story would take on a much different tone. I like the fact that it's a 17 year old who has the ability to pull off such a highly technical feat that most very highly trained computer analysts and programmers couldn't. Of course he had a little help but if he actually opened the thing up and soldered it and programmed it with switchboards and all of that, this kid has a very bright future! This story is BIG! He's 17!

      Microsoft hires hackers to keep up with competion. See the link below.

      http://news.com.com/2100-1040-957160.html
      Greetings Revolutionary_Student!

      I found the story to be very interesting as well. What surprised me is the fact too that it was a 17 year old that did the hack. The youths today are on top of their game with the wisdom and knowledge of this technological era we are living in.

      Part of me says it's all new, but another part of me also says, that this knowledge is really not new, it might just be old technology that has been dormant in the mind so to speak and it is being revealed at such a rapid rate that no one will be able to keep up with it.

      Nowadays most people seem to think that the youths don't know much, but it is being revealed that they know more than even the so called experts with all their degrees.

      Bright indeed is the future for this youth. His only limitation will be his mind as is the case for so many others. Their curiosity to find out how things work or how to make things work better is the key to their success.

      Much appreciation to you warrior for taking the time to share your valuable comments on this issue.

      Peace & Blessings of Afrikan Love Always!
      Posted In The Spirit of Learning & Sharing
      One Love & Respect Always

      ***************************************
      The Quest for knowledge stops at the grave.
      HIM Emperor Haile Selassie I.


      If you fail to prepare,
      you are preparing to fail!


      Mind what you want, because someone wants your mind.

      Working together, the ants ate the elephant.


    4. #4
      Sun Ship's Avatar
      Sun Ship is offline Warrior

      Join Date
      Jan 2005
      Location
      .
      Posts
      1,585
      Blog Entries
      4
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 2/0
      Given: 0/0
      Rep Power
      294

      Cool This story is very revealing and can be learned from...


      0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Jahness View Post
      Greetings Revolutionary_Student!

      I found the story to be very interesting as well. What surprised me is the fact too that it was a 17 year old that did the hack. The youths today are on top of their game with the wisdom and knowledge of this technological era we are living in.

      Part of me says it's all new, but another part of me also says, that this knowledge is really not new, it might just be old technology that has been dormant in the mind so to speak and it is being revealed at such a rapid rate that no one will be able to keep up with it.

      Nowadays most people seem to think that the youths don't know much, but it is being revealed that they know more than even the so called experts with all their degrees.

      Bright indeed is the future for this youth. His only limitation will be his mind as is the case for so many others. Their curiosity to find out how things work or how to make things work better is the key to their success.

      Much appreciation to you warrior for taking the time to share your valuable comments on this issue.

      Peace & Blessings of Afrikan Love Always!
      I enjoyed viewing this story on the national news the other day myself. I agree, most technology that can be innovatively used to alter this technological world is not new and it’s affordable. This is not usually about high math or an arcane knowledge of various scientific theories, it’s more about ingenuity being applied to what is already developed, integrated chips (ICs) or programmable integrated chips (PICs).

      There are electronic and mechanical hobbyist and experimenters with minimal formal technological education that are doing extraordinary things in their basements and garages! I think the reason why these kids are so successful is because they are not only bright and more importantly very engaged in this type of knowledge, but they are also the least indoctrinated. They can think out of the box easier, and explore the unknown. Our grandparents and ancestors were more like this at onetime, then we are today. Most science education today is being directed towards our youth as a lofty academic abstraction, or merely to get a “good job” one day. Or we’re condition to be merely end-users or consumers of invention.

      I hope one day Black bookstores will start carrying more literature that deals with applicable knowledge, directed towards building science projects, or small scale electronic experimentation. We need to start buying magazines similar to Popular Electronics, Organic gardening, Nuts and Volts, and other magazines (I think some of these may be defunct now) that deal with applicable knowledge and just have them in the household, instead of just Essence, Vibe, Ebony, and many of these other gossip magazines. Even if your children can’t read the content and just look at the pictures at first, they will start to ask questions. And as we know and as do every scientist knows, “you can only get the right answers, if you ask the right question”.



    5. #5
      Jahness's Avatar
      Jahness is offline OniOni Warrior

      Join Date
      Mar 2005
      Location
      In amerikkka! Stolen from Afrika!
      Posts
      6,827
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0
      Given: 18/0
      Rep Power
      616

      Arrow


      0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Sun Ship View Post
      I enjoyed viewing this story on the national news the other day myself. I agree, most technology that can be innovatively used to alter this technological world is not new and it’s affordable. This is not usually about high math or an arcane knowledge of various scientific theories, it’s more about ingenuity being applied to what is already developed, integrated chips (ICs) or programmable integrated chips (PICs).

      There are electronic and mechanical hobbyist and experimenters with minimal formal technological education that are doing extraordinary things in their basements and garages! I think the reason why these kids are so successful is because they are not only bright and more importantly very engaged in this type of knowledge, but they are also the least indoctrinated. They can think out of the box easier, and explore the unknown. Our grandparents and ancestors were more like this at onetime, then we are today. Most science education today is being directed towards our youth as a lofty academic abstraction, or merely to get a “good job” one day. Or we’re condition to be merely end-users or consumers of invention.

      I hope one day Black bookstores will start carrying more literature that deals with applicable knowledge, directed towards building science projects, or small scale electronic experimentation. We need to start buying magazines similar to Popular Electronics, Organic gardening, Nuts and Volts, and other magazines (I think some of these may be defunct now) that deal with applicable knowledge and just have them in the household, instead of just Essence, Vibe, Ebony, and many of these other gossip magazines. Even if your children can’t read the content and just look at the pictures at first, they will start to ask questions. And as we know and as do every scientist knows, “you can only get the right answers, if you ask the right question”.


      Greetings Sun Ship!

      I agree with your comments, especially the part about the books. We definitely need to put the resources in place for the youths to find their own niche in the sciences and other fields. Having good reading material like the books you mention and others is a must I think for any Afrikan household that seriously wants to see the genius manifests in our people

      Personally, I learned more about technology by my own curiosity, than by all the long hours I spent in my university classes. That's not to say the classes were not a guide, but the hours I spent on my own time tinkering with software, hardware, and programming is what has me where I am today in my field.

      I find learning anything new to be easier when there is no time constraints and when I allow myself to just go with the flow and see where I end up, which still surprises me even today, at some of my major projects that I have had to tackle.

      Much appreciation to you for taking the time to check out the thread and for sharing your valuable comments.

      Peace & Blessings
      Posted In The Spirit of Learning & Sharing
      One Love & Respect Always

      ***************************************
      The Quest for knowledge stops at the grave.
      HIM Emperor Haile Selassie I.


      If you fail to prepare,
      you are preparing to fail!


      Mind what you want, because someone wants your mind.

      Working together, the ants ate the elephant.


    6. #6
      Sun Ship's Avatar
      Sun Ship is offline Warrior

      Join Date
      Jan 2005
      Location
      .
      Posts
      1,585
      Blog Entries
      4
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 2/0
      Given: 0/0
      Rep Power
      294

      Cool


      0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Jahness View Post
      Greetings Sun Ship!

      I agree with your comments, especially the part about the books. We definitely need to put the resources in place for the youths to find their own niche in the sciences and other fields. Having good reading material like the books you mention and others is a must I think for any Afrikan household that seriously wants to see the genius manifests in our people

      Personally, I learned more about technology by my own curiosity, than by all the long hours I spent in my university classes. That's not so say the classes were not a guide, but the hours I spent on my own time tinkering with software, hardware, and programming is what has me where I am today in my field.

      I find learning anything new to be easier when there is no time constraints and when I allow myself to just go with the flow and see where I end up, which still surprises me even today, at some of my major projects that I have had to tackle.

      Much appreciation to you for taking the time to check out the thread and for sharing your valuable comments.

      Peace & Blessings
      Blessed Sister Jahness, thanks for your response.

      You know sister, this is sometimes a difficult subject to deal with in our community, as far as, “how does one develop progressive knowledge and their mind”. For we where historically kept out of halls of “higher learning” let alone basic education for so long during and after the trans-Atlantic slave trade that today we have a hard time dealing with or going back to the pure and intrinsic value of intuitive high knowledge, or what I sometimes relate to as applicable knowledge.

      Most of our greatest Black inventors either where untaught (by European standards) or found inventiveness outside of the European draconian process of scientific inquiry. Dr George Washington Carver was an excellent example of this.

      I think this challenge is so important, because so many of our great Black minds are not in the universities, and unfortunately our Black academicians are not exposing our broader community to the profound and continuous history of the Black scientific aptitude that is more metaphysical and which has been proven to easily operate in the realm of academics and institutional science. When doing some research on the web, it’s interesting how many great inventors or inventions were by self-educated men! The term self-educated has now become a joke, or a filthy word in our community today. Like I said, Black intellectuals have become complicit with those who control knowledge, and a control that is usually for the capital gain and greed of an exclusive ordained class, rather than the advancement or overall well-being of our civilization.

      This young man who backwards-engineered this iphone is really part of a long-history of inventors and applied genius that has been continuous and is older than institutional learning; and this is true in many cultures. I think the only hope for Africans in the future worldwide is that we form our own scientific constructs outside of the European standards, or award and acceptance.

      For I think science today has become more of an arm of those who destroy, control, and exploit than it has revealed the proportionately balanced good that it has marketed to the masses.

      BTW_I found it interesting that everyone wanted to know when, or if Apple or AT&T would hire this young man...for it was even implied on the news that he would be more dangerous outside of the corporate control rather than as a well-paid employee... ...this type of renegade genius is revealed all the time, but the people never seem to understand that they really already have the power of knowledge and science in their midst...



    7. #7
      Jahness's Avatar
      Jahness is offline OniOni Warrior

      Join Date
      Mar 2005
      Location
      In amerikkka! Stolen from Afrika!
      Posts
      6,827
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0
      Given: 18/0
      Rep Power
      616

      Arrow AT&T Unleashes Lawyers on iPhone Hackers


      0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      AT&T Unleashes Lawyers on iPhone Hackers

      Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:49AM EDT



      After a rash of reports over the weekend of hackers who managed to unlock the iPhone—ranging from the iPhoneSIMFree.com team to a 17-year-old kid in New Jersey—AT&T has unsurprisingly decided to rain on the parade, with a little help from its legal team.

      Gizmodo is reporting that AT&T has fired off a warning to a group that was planning to sell its iPhone unlocking software. In a press release, a spokesman for iphoneunlocking.com said that AT&T contacted the site early Saturday, warning that the group would run afoul of copyright laws if it went ahead with its planned sale of the software package. The site has decided to hold off releasing the iPhone-unlocking app for now, the spokesman said.

      So, all this begs the question: is it legal to unlock the iPhone? Engadget asked a copyright lawyer that very question, and got a rather nuanced answer. According to the attorney, iPhone unlockers are most likely protected by an exception in the DMCA (a law that prohibits the cracking of DRM schemes) that lets you unlock your own phone for the "sole purpose" of using it "lawfully" on a cellular network. However, you can't unlock a phone (including the iPhone) and then sell it; also, Apple and AT&T are free to sue you on the basis of other laws besides the DMCA (and they certainly have the resources—and the incentive—to do so).

      Bottom line? The lawyer seems to believe that you're probably in the clear as long as you're just unlocking your own iPhone and not selling it on Craigslist; then again, there's no telling what Apple and AT&T have up their legal sleeves. Also, on a practical note, keep in mind that unlocking the phone will probably violate your warranty, so if anything goes wrong, don't look for sympathy from the Apple Genius Bar.

      http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/patterson/4903
      Posted In The Spirit of Learning & Sharing
      One Love & Respect Always

      ***************************************
      The Quest for knowledge stops at the grave.
      HIM Emperor Haile Selassie I.


      If you fail to prepare,
      you are preparing to fail!


      Mind what you want, because someone wants your mind.

      Working together, the ants ate the elephant.


    8. #8
      Sun Ship's Avatar
      Sun Ship is offline Warrior

      Join Date
      Jan 2005
      Location
      .
      Posts
      1,585
      Blog Entries
      4
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 2/0
      Given: 0/0
      Rep Power
      294

      Cool I see Big Brothers not having it...LOL


      0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Jahness View Post
      AT&T Unleashes Lawyers on iPhone Hackers

      Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:49AM EDT



      After a rash of reports over the weekend of hackers who managed to unlock the iPhone—ranging from the iPhoneSIMFree.com team to a 17-year-old kid in New Jersey—AT&T has unsurprisingly decided to rain on the parade, with a little help from its legal team.

      Gizmodo is reporting that AT&T has fired off a warning to a group that was planning to sell its iPhone unlocking software. In a press release, a spokesman for iphoneunlocking.com said that AT&T contacted the site early Saturday, warning that the group would run afoul of copyright laws if it went ahead with its planned sale of the software package. The site has decided to hold off releasing the iPhone-unlocking app for now, the spokesman said.

      So, all this begs the question: is it legal to unlock the iPhone? Engadget asked a copyright lawyer that very question, and got a rather nuanced answer. According to the attorney, iPhone unlockers are most likely protected by an exception in the DMCA (a law that prohibits the cracking of DRM schemes) that lets you unlock your own phone for the "sole purpose" of using it "lawfully" on a cellular network. However, you can't unlock a phone (including the iPhone) and then sell it; also, Apple and AT&T are free to sue you on the basis of other laws besides the DMCA (and they certainly have the resources—and the incentive—to do so).

      Bottom line? The lawyer seems to believe that you're probably in the clear as long as you're just unlocking your own iPhone and not selling it on Craigslist; then again, there's no telling what Apple and AT&T have up their legal sleeves. Also, on a practical note, keep in mind that unlocking the phone will probably violate your warranty, so if anything goes wrong, don't look for sympathy from the Apple Genius Bar.

      http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/patterson/4903
      It’s something to watch these huge corporate demi-gods flex their unbridled power. They should have learned by now, the fact that when you piss of these hackers all they will do is post the software on thousands of forums all over the world and let the world have it for free…LOL.

      This type of control reminds me how (many years ago) the phone company only allowed you to have so many phones in your house or you paid extra per phone, also you were prohibited to run your own LAN lines, and all the telephones were the property of the phone company. It’s all about control! What’s so sad is that in the end, it’s not so much just the strength of their power and control, as much as is it the sheepish minds of the people who are not able to think beyond the corporate control box, i.e., the Matrix.

      Regardless of this hacking, the lawyers and lawsuits are just merely scare tactics. They know that even they don’t have resources to sue every hacker that tries this (basically it’s not worth the trouble), but what they also know is that only a handful of people will ever try this anyway, and this will not hurt corporate sales in the US, though there may be some issues down the road possibly in the Asian markets outside of long arms of American judicial system. Plus they also know that even controversy sales…



    9. #9
      Jahness's Avatar
      Jahness is offline OniOni Warrior

      Join Date
      Mar 2005
      Location
      In amerikkka! Stolen from Afrika!
      Posts
      6,827
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0
      Given: 18/0
      Rep Power
      616

      Arrow


      0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Sun Ship View Post
      It’s something to watch these huge corporate demi-gods flex their unbridled power. They should have learned by now, the fact that when you piss of these hackers all they will do is post the software on thousands of forums all over the world and let the world have it for free…LOL.

      This type of control reminds me how (many years ago) the phone company only allowed you to have so many phones in your house or you paid extra per phone, also you were prohibited to run your own LAN lines, and all the telephones were the property of the phone company. It’s all about control! What’s so sad is that in the end, it’s not so much just the strength of their power and control, as much as is it the sheepish minds of the people who are not able to think beyond the corporate control box, i.e., the Matrix.

      Regardless of this hacking, the lawyers and lawsuits are just merely scare tactics. They know that even they don’t have resources to sue every hacker that tries this (basically it’s not worth the trouble), but what they also know is that only a handful of people will ever try this anyway, and this will not hurt corporate sales in the US, though there may be some issues down the road possibly in the Asian markets outside of long arms of American judicial system. Plus they also know that even controversy sales…


      Greetings Sun Ship!

      We knew that one was coming sooner or later. lol! They let him have his moment of fame only
      to sit and wait, watching very closely to see what was his intentions.

      Only time will tell :o

      Peace!
      Posted In The Spirit of Learning & Sharing
      One Love & Respect Always

      ***************************************
      The Quest for knowledge stops at the grave.
      HIM Emperor Haile Selassie I.


      If you fail to prepare,
      you are preparing to fail!


      Mind what you want, because someone wants your mind.

      Working together, the ants ate the elephant.


    10. #10
      Im The Truth's Avatar
      Im The Truth is offline Organizer

      Join Date
      Jan 2004
      Location
      Atlanta, GA by way of Afrika
      Posts
      5,921
      Blog Entries
      11
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 12/1
      Given: 7/0
      Rep Power
      631

      0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      There was an article out yesterday talking about how he sold the "secrets" to another company. It's kinda funny doe cuz much of the secrets isn't much of a secret, the boy was just smart enough to tell the media about it. Now he can go to any school and get pay an extra high pay whether it be freelance or salary in an the electronic engineering field.
      "If the enemy is not doing anything against you, you are not doing anything"
      -Ahmed Skou Tour


      "speak truth, do justice, be kind and do not do evil."
      -Baba Orunmila

      "Cowardice asks the question: is it safe? Expediency asks the question: is it political? Vanity asks the question: is it popular? But conscience asks the question: is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor political, nor popular - but one must take it simply because it is right."
      --Dr. Martin L. King


      Get Involved!

    11. #11
      Sun Ship's Avatar
      Sun Ship is offline Warrior

      Join Date
      Jan 2005
      Location
      .
      Posts
      1,585
      Blog Entries
      4
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 2/0
      Given: 0/0
      Rep Power
      294

      0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Im The Truth View Post
      There was an article out yesterday talking about how he sold the "secrets" to another company. It's kinda funny do cuz much of the secrets is much of a secret, the boy was just smart enough to tell the media about it. Not he can go to any school and get pay an extra high pay whether it be freelance or salary in an the electronic engineering field.
      Really you make a good point. This is what I have tried to allude to in my previous posts is that this knowledge is not a secret or so foreboding that it’s not easily obtained and eventually disseminated. They want us to always think that everything they do is so encrypted with a special arcane knowledge that only those who have been chosen by a process of elimination through the “halls of academia” can even start to access this level of technical understanding and experimentation. Now I’m not trying to devalue the in-depth study and knowledge it takes to be an engineer by my comments, as much as I’m trying to relate that it’s obvious that their science and mechanisms are more accessible to and useable for the common folk than they want you to believe. They hate losing any amount of control. This is why they are always up in arms when someone finds a way to circumvent or utilize their initial inventions for the overall good of others, or without the restrictions they put on every type of science or invention possible. This is also even done by many other trades of various other disciplines.

      They want so much control that these conglomerates have found loopholes in the patent laws to be able to patent hundreds of ideas of those who might invent something in the future, which means if you invent something and they already patented the concept than they can attempt to control it’s usage, or at least get paid royalties for it’s use.


    12. #12
      Im The Truth's Avatar
      Im The Truth is offline Organizer

      Join Date
      Jan 2004
      Location
      Atlanta, GA by way of Afrika
      Posts
      5,921
      Blog Entries
      11
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 12/1
      Given: 7/0
      Rep Power
      631

      0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      That's really what it is. I think too often we overly praise people who deal with science and technology because of our own lack of knowledge of science and technology. There are plenty and I mean plenty of tutorials on how to hacks cell phones and open them up for different providers (iPhone wasn't the 1st company to limit it's providers) and ways to break all kinds of other limitation put on cellphones by cellphone companies. The boys intelligence lies in the marketing of technology to the mainstream to further boost himself up.

      You'd be surprised how knowable you'll be become when you have the time and energy to explore technology and/or science. About 95% of my computer skills are based on the knowledge I gain from when I was like 15. If I would have known about business/e-business and things in high school I'd be a millionaire because a lot of the technological things people are rich off of are not that hard to duplicate nor think up when you have the time to do.
      "If the enemy is not doing anything against you, you are not doing anything"
      -Ahmed Skou Tour


      "speak truth, do justice, be kind and do not do evil."
      -Baba Orunmila

      "Cowardice asks the question: is it safe? Expediency asks the question: is it political? Vanity asks the question: is it popular? But conscience asks the question: is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor political, nor popular - but one must take it simply because it is right."
      --Dr. Martin L. King


      Get Involved!

    Thread Information

    Users Browsing this Thread

    There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Apple iPhone SE (iPhone 5SE/iPhone 6C) Release Date, Price and Specs - CNET
      By TTDC Bot in forum PC Tech Advice & Technology RSS
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 03-10-2016, 01:00 AM
    2. United States Attorney Opens Probe Into Death of Georgia Teen
      By TTDC Bot in forum Afrikan World News
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 11-01-2013, 01:00 AM
    3. Culture Carriers
      By TTDC Bot in forum Revolutionary Daily Thoughts
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 10-17-2008, 06:10 PM
    4. My First Hack
      By DJ RBG in forum Open Forum
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: 02-07-2005, 07:35 PM

    Thread Participants: 3

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  


    About

      Assata Shakur Speaks is an Forum Devoted To Assata Shakur And All Political Prisoners Around The World.
      Assata Shakur Speaks Is An Oasis Of Pan African Information Geared Towards The Liberation Of Afrikan People.

    Follow Us On

    Twitter Facebook youtube Flickr DavianArt Dribbble RSS Feed



    BACK TO TOP