Quote Originally Posted by Sun Ship View Post
Well I think he’s got a good lead from you all… You know a lot of people don’t know how jacked up the compliance issue was in the beginning of the whole writable disc revolution. To read the list of what brand and model accepts what, is like reading a map to mars…lol I think he needs to remember what brand he used all the time and then go back to that brand of CD-Rs and stick with them! Forget about the discounts and the sales..lol for even a speed change on some newer disc (4x, 8x, 16x and so on) can throw some CD Burners off...

Also, if he need to change out his burner, I would just get an reasonable priced external CD burner (USB 2) and keep what he has already for DVD’s…

BTW_you can go online, if Sister Jahness hasn't given that link already, and find your model and compare your burners to what CD-R's it complies with...

Greetings Sun Ship!

Welcome to the discussion. You bring out an excellent point of the compliance issue being jacked up in the beginning of the disc revolution. It is one of the things a lot of people forget about. As the saying goes some one has to pay for the mistakes and it is usually the consumer.

Everytime the technology changes so does the requirements. Whenever their is a new brand or change in the technology not all hardware or software manufacturers make the changes right away. What may look like a good price for a piece of technology can cause a buyer problems in the long run.

One of the key things to do as consumers when we decide to purchase new tech products is to make sure and read what it can and cannot do, and make sure it can perform to your standards.

I did send him some info on the difference in the brands and a site to reference his CD/DVD player to see what the specifics are that pertains to his brand. it is a lot of reading and it can be confusing to say the least because until someone has the problem they really seldom know just how much of a difference things like speed and brands make.

The next piece of headache that is coming next year is the upgrade of TV signals from analog to digital as a country. So many people still have no clue that they will need special converters unless they have cable\satellite service. If they don't have cable or satellite service the TV is useless without the converters, unless they plan to purchase new TV's but that is for another discussion see post...

Much appreciation to you warrior Sun Ship for taking the time to share.

Peace & Blessings