Forgot your password?

I_ziz is offline Ithiopian Yodite / Militia

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0
      Given: 0/0

How to rip a video from YouTube without downloading software

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      Uhuru kaka wangu na dudu wangu!

i found this and thought ones and ones may find it usefull..

Ever wanted to rip a video from YouTube without downloading software? - Well now you can! Their tracking ID's can't stop us!

After analysing their structure and flash code I found a way around it. The end result will be a .FLV file, not a .wmv or .mov, etc.

First, you need the flash video ID. I'm going to use Jamelia's Beware of the Dog video for this example.

Go find the video you want to watch then get it's ID. h*ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2P4Zesf_l4
      The video ID is: A2P4Zesf_l4

Now in your browser head to: h*ttp://www.youtube.com/v/A2P4Zesf_l4
      You'll get back this long URL in your browser window: h*ttp://www.youtube.com/p.swf?video_id=A2P4Zesf_l4&eurl=&iurl=http%3A//sjl-static10.sjl.youtube.com/vi/A2P4Zesf_l4/2.jpg&t=OEgsToPDskJG2DA_SllJWE481mMNotYZ

What you need to extract is the &t= variable. This is like a tracking ID which I'm pretty sure changes every hour or day (not really sure).
      Anyway, the tracking variable is right at the end of the URL and it's this: OEgsToPDskJG2DA_SllJWE481mMNotYZ

Next point your browser to this URL and replace the ID and T_ID with the file ID and tracking ID: http://h*ttp://www.youtube.com/get_v...o_id=ID&t=T_ID

So thats: http://h*ttp://www.youtube.com/get_v...lJWE481mMNotYZ

Now just change the file name to something you remember and don't forget to add .flv at the end. Now you'll need to convert it to a nice format (.wmv or .mov). I'm not going to tell you how to do that, but you can use Google to search for a flash to video converter.

Salam na ashia
      Last edited by I_ziz; 09-15-2008 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Display problems...:rolleyes:
      "God and Nature first made us what we are, and then out of our own created genius we make ourselves what we want to be. Follow always that great law. Let the sky and God be our limit and Eternity our measurement."
      -The Right And Honourable Marcus Mosiah Garvey

jamal-s is offline Warrior

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0

I also found that you can download video off of youtube using Real Media Player. When I'm on youtube, using IE7, a pop up will appear, just above the video as it starts, asking if I want to download the video. After clicking it out of curiosity, I found that it saved the file to my computer (under the real media playlist) and I could play the video without being online.

There are also a couple of websites online that will convert the .flv file to mp3 for free. You just copy and paste the URL in the menu next to the video, just under the video information (not in the navigation bar) and the site will convert the file, and allow you to save it. You can also upload .flv files that you already have saved.

YouTube to MP3 Online Converter - Convert YouTube's videos to MP3 fast and free

Peace
      So if I should ever fall and get caught in a hustle
      Let em know that I died while I fought in a struggle
      From the hoodrats to rich kids lost in a bubble
      Spray paint it on the streets and in the subway tunnels
      Write it down and remember, that we never gave in
      The Mind of a Child is where the Revolution Begins
      So if the solution has never been to look in yourself,
      How is it that you expect to find it anywhere else?

- Immortal Technique

BLACK MINDS DEVELOPMENT (BMD)

Jacuma is offline Forward To PanAfricanism

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 15/1
      Given: 15/0

Great info Comrades, we need your help on our latest project if interested PM me for more details... Uhuru Sasa!
      Thirty eight years ago on 12/04/2009 the united snakes murdered Fred Hampton & Mark Clark, this date also marks the 6 year anniversary of the launching of this site in solidarity of these martyrs.

Africa_SpokesPerson is offline Azanian Militia

Thumbs Up/Down

Internet explorer 7 also have free plug in from third parties that allow you to download Youtube videos and convert them to any format you like. i personally have not tried them yet, but i have been using Real player 11 for a long time now to download those video.

i first tried Real player 11 when it was a BETA application and also now that is is a final product.

i am sure there are other software out there that do just that, but comrade I_ziz idea is just brilliant if it works, because you do not need no software to do just what softwares do.

the problem with those softwares is that some of them may be spy-wares as well.

I_ziz is offline Ithiopian Yodite / Militia

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Africa_SpokesPerson View Post
      Internet explorer 7 also have free plug in from third parties that allow you to download Youtube videos and convert them to any format you like. i personally have not tried them yet, but i have been using Real player 11 for a long time now to download those video.

i first tried Real player 11 when it was a BETA application and also now that is is a final product.

i am sure there are other software out there that do just that, but comrade I_ziz idea is just brilliant if it works, because you do not need no software to do just what softwares do.

the problem with those softwares is that some of them may be spy-wares as well.
      Check out this way of re-combining video files without software using the windows command line to merge them.

Start the command line by pressing the windows key and R. Enter cmd in the prompt which will start the command line window. Enter the following line into the command line, make sure you enter the right filepath to the movie. I suggest you move the files to the top of a hard drive to ease the amount of typing that needs to be done.

copy /B “C:\movie1.mpg” + “C:\movie2.mpg” + “C:\movie3.mpg” “C:\completemovie.mpg”

This joins movie1.mpg, movie2.mpg and movie3.mpg to create completemovie.mpg. You can change the name and location of the destination file.
      "God and Nature first made us what we are, and then out of our own created genius we make ourselves what we want to be. Follow always that great law. Let the sky and God be our limit and Eternity our measurement."
      -The Right And Honourable Marcus Mosiah Garvey

Thread Information