Forgot your password?

Guinan is offline Moderator

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0
      Given: 0/0

Blackicon Question Win 7 = Garbage?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      Is anyone else having problems with Win 7? I recently bought a new laptop and I was so happy to be rid of Vista-- seeing how very little was compatible with it... YET, Win 7 has a few bugs itself and I am sorta missing Vista for a few reasons.

1. BROWSERS- I have tried all the browsers on this thing and guess what? I have to reload, reload, RELOAD. I have seen "This page cannot be displayed properly..." SO many times I want to choke Gates

2. Reformatting - The plus with Vista is I didn't have to make those damned discs for when the inevitable reformatting must take place-- it was built into the hard drive. I was warned for 3 days to make system restore discs and it took up 3 DVDs.

3. my games will not work properly on Win 7. I will not mention the games because...well I just won't

On a plus side, all of my USB components work flawlessly. I am so tired of getting screwed over by Microcrap but my school and job uses it....so I am stuck.

Win 98, Win 2k and Win XP were the BEST OS they put out. They should have stuck to the basics.

Jalili is offline Continuing the Fight

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0

Gates should not only be choked but he should also be raped by the Linux people who are willing to give out the shit FOR FREE but freaken windows won't allow itself to be overwritten...........MICROSOFT BASTARDS.
      "We may be investigated, incarcerated or murdered for the things we dare to write...
      But we are young and Black, fearless and free...
      Every poem, every incandescent word is a personal revolution"
      Celeste "ayasha" Golden (my queen rest well and I'll see you when I get there.)
      http://awrittenlifeapoeticsoul.blogspot.com/
      http://justiseverything.blogspot.com/

TOPOTW is offline Premium Member

Thumbs Up/Down

You should know that you are not locked into use of this platform regardless of the requirements of your profession or academic program.

There are many ways for you to work around this system. There are also many ways to optimize it and manipulate it based on your needs. I encourage you to get more information about the operating system and tools outside of it.

Experiment and take advantage of whatever is available to you. There is a wealth of resources, and all you have to do is ask.

Solidarity is offline Premium Member

Thumbs Up/Down

I have been a Microsoft nerd since I was a small child...never had a problem out of any of their products.

To be honest, most of the time...the error exists between the keyboard and the chair.

I dont know what your setup is or if your computer has been compromised but the browser issue sounds like an issue with the browser and not the OS. You could be having internet troubles and things arent displaying properly. Also, with the games, it can be a bit tricky. If you are trying to install an old game, Win7 isnt so welcoming. Modern games should install without any problems. I remember trying to install Max Payne on Win7 and it wouldnt let me from the CD so I had to manually install from the files.

Lastly, what version of Win7 are you using? I have 64bit Ultimate and it works like a dream, no problems, and I can do whatever I want. If you are backing up your computer...of course you are going to have to use a lot of DVDs, you are copying millions of files to a disk, maybe you should try online backup. Or you could use cloud storage.

Thread Information