Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
      IfasehunReincarnated is offline Never Let Them Disrespect the Ancestors

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 11/0
      Given: 0/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      Worrried about Security? Get a random password generator.

Long list of generators

Personal Recommendation

Quicky Password Generator

Description:
      allows you to simultaneously generate up to 5000 passwords of 4 to 20 characters in length. You can specify whether you want the passwords to consist of alphanumeric characters, uppercase letters only, and special characters, and select variable length.

In addition, you can copy the displayed passwords to the Clipboard.
      All is Well. Workin' Hard - Tryin' to Save Time for Fam. Check in Periodically.

Jahness is offline OniOni Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0
      Given: 18/0

Arrow PIXresizer

If you need help with resizing images try this free program.
      PIXresizer

I found something to make managing images for specific purposes easier that I know you'll enjoy. How many times have you found the need to resize pictures? How about change a picture's file extension (jpg, bmp, etc)? Whether it's posting pictures on a website, emailing photos, creating avatars, or posting signatures on message boards there are many reasons to change the size or type of an image file.

This isn't extremely hard to do with your typical photo imaging software, but it can take a little time especially if you have a lot of files to change or convert at once. There can also be a risk of saving your newly sized image over the original, which can be upsetting to say the least.

This software can make the process of resizing and converting images easy as pie. If you find yourself performing these actions often then PIXresizer may be the program for you. PIXresizer not only can resize and convert an image, but it also leaves the original where it is untouched. Another trick up its sleeve is the ability to convert a number of image files at once (batch convert) in a fashion that is not only easy to perform but fast. I bet it took me less than 10 minutes to download install and then convert a whole file of images, and this is with no prior knowledge of the program or how it works.

The interface is right to the point. Go to the file or folders you want to use, choose destination folder (you can, of course, make one from the interface) choose the size and extension type, and off you go. The images will be converted and dumped into the file you choose or created for the output images, then you're on to the next step. To do this with Photoshop or equivalent software it would have taken me a lot longer—I would guess 1-2 minutes per file and that's if I was in a groove and wasn't interrupted (as if I never get interrupted).

If this is something you think you could use then give it a shot. There's nothing to lose and I believe that you will be impressed once you try it. The program works on Windows 95 and higher but if your still running 95 or NT you need to have Internet Explorer 4 or higher. The program is just under 2MB installed, complete with an integrated Help file to get you through any questions you may have, but honestly, I don't think that will be an issue.

Download this useful program here...

http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm
      Posted In The Spirit of Learning & Sharing
      One Love & Respect Always

The Quest for knowledge stops at the grave.
      HIM Emperor Haile Selassie I.

If you fail to prepare,
      you are preparing to fail!

Mind what you want, because someone wants your mind.

Working together, the ants ate the elephant.

AzaniaSpeaks is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius
      Hi folks... i wanna share something with you, well 2 things... i am still working on the second...

Thats all folks... since noone has commented on my poetry, and probably less than that have read it - i am trying a different tack in here...
      I know a think or 2 about tech... and i wanna share and learn from others...
      Greetings! ImHotep!

Appreciate your posts, but missed the poetry so "no comment. . ." Will be contacting you w/in next few weeks as I get deeper into my studies of Linux and LAMP. . . . trust you are TRULY ready to "share"
      The KMTK symbol SEBEK is the Crocodile image of the Divine Messenger and embodiment of the 'Word of God' SEBEK RULES COMMUNICATION, COMMUNION AND COMMUTING -- 'WORD/UTTERANCE' AS A CREATIVE FORCE IN FORMING REALITY!

Azania Speaks - With The Voice of the Crocodile - SEBEK - Divine Utterance! Peace Born of Power!

http://www.sur-bet.org Some United Responsible Blacks Embracing Togetherness

"Courage is not the absence of fear -- it is the possession of fortitude!"

Mosi Ngozi is offline Pan-Afrikanist

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 9/0
      Given: 13/1

I am having a problem with my computer.Once a year i dump everything on my computer and start over fresh. So i dumped everything and and put windows xp home back on it and the browser i use is firefox. But now when i go to assata speaks i no longer have use of options and can not see my avater or anyone elses for that matter, i no longer have access to smilies when in advanced mode
      and can not make corrections to my post after it has been submited. Can some one help me with this problem!!!
      You are here because you know something,what you
      know you can't explain,but you feel it.You've felt it
      your entire life; that theres something wrong with the
      world.You don't know what it is but it's there; a
      splinter in your mind... the matrix

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddiej
      I am having a problem with my computer.Once a year i dump everything on my computer and start over fresh. So i dumped everything and and put windows xp home back on it and the browser i use is firefox. But now when i go to assata speaks i no longer have use of options and can not see my avater or anyone elses for that matter, i no longer have access to smilies when in advanced mode
      and can not make corrections to my post after it has been submited. Can some one help me with this problem!!!
      this is the wrong thread to ask this question. this is a thread for downloading software not troubleshooting.

Los
      Los is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0

Clear your cookies and temp files. There's a button that says Clear All in your preferences, Privacy section.

Update your WindowsXP with Windows update. Reboot and see whats up.
      When tyranny is law, revolution is order

Thumbs Up/Down

Arrow Mozilla Thunderbird

Mozilla Thunderbird

For those who love Mozilla’s Firefox web browser and are looking for a free e-mail client similar to Outlook Express, Mozilla Thunderbird is the perfect program for you.

This program is great for Linux users as it is open source and made based on the Firefox source. It also works with Windows and is a great alternative to Outlook Express as it is free and has most of the same functionality.

All you need is an e-mail service that has Pop3 or imap support and you’re ready to go. Also note that it works well with AOL and Gmail.

For Windows: www.mozilla.com/thunderbird/
      For Linux: www.soft32.com/download_81655.html

If you fail to prepare,

Thumbs Up/Down

Arrow JiWire Spotlock: Wireless Security for Everyone

JiWire Spotlock: Wireless Security for Everyone

JiWire Spotlock is a little program that does a lot! If you love to go “Hotspot hopping” but want to make sure that your data is not being intercepted by others, this program will be the perfect tool for you.

This program even has a global Wi-Fi hotspot directory to help you find free and pay-to-use hotspots when you travel. The best part about this program is that it’s only $4.99 for the full license. The only thing it won’t do is keep you from spilling your coffee on the keyboard.

http://www.jiwire.com

If you fail to prepare,

Thumbs Up/Down

I have been testing this browser for about a week and a half. Its not half bad for those of you that seem dedicated to giving Bill Gates your support. It does run w/IE in background and some pop-ups will go to IE and not Avant. But its worth a look-see.

Avant Browser is a multi-window (tabbed) browser based on the Internet Explorer core. It allows you to browse multiple Web sites simultaneously, block popup windows, block Flash advertising, and offers additional mouse functions for faster navigation. Additional features include an integrated privacy cleaner that helps to remove surfing tracks, a built-in Yahoo/Google search, RSS/ATOM Reader, Popup blocking and more. Avant Browser also provides options to easily block downloads of pictures, videos, Flash, sounds and ActiveX components to further spped up page loading times. All your IE settings and Favorites are available from within Avant Browser.

Get it now

Thumbs Up/Down

sNews

sNews is a completly free template independent PHP and MySQL driven tool for publishing and maintaining news articles on a website. It's easy to integrate into your existing design, or can be a simple content management system. sNews is extremly lightweight because it consists of only one file, and lets you change your design whenever you want. Extremely easy to install and use through a live administration. Some of the features are: password protected live administration, categories, articles, comments, archive, search engine, images, rss feed.

http://hotscripts.com/search/7725911.html

Thumbs Up/Down

Arrow Optimizer XP

Optimizer XP

If you want to speed up your computer and optimize your CPU then give this program a try.

Optimizer XP is a freeware Windows tweak utility that automatically tweaks your PC based on your CPU and RAM selections.

The best part is it does all the work for you, and it really does work!

Optimizer XP V3.51
      http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/fil...d,22844,00.asp

If you fail to prepare,

Thumbs Up/Down

Winamp Full 5.1
      Nullsoft Winamp is a fast, flexible, high-fidelity music player for Windows. Winamp supports MP3, CD, Audiosoft, Audio Explosion, MOD, WAV and other audio formats, custom appearances called skins, plus audio visualization and audio effect plug-ins. additional features including free-form skins, a new decoder, built-in cross fade, and an advanced Media Library.

I am currently testing WinAmp after having not used it since 2001. I really enjoy it. Its MUCH better than Windows MediaPlayer & RealPlayer. It has TONS of free content, which includes movie trailers, music videos, free songs etc. Worth a peek.

http://www.soft32.com/download_7565.html

Thumbs Up/Down

Arrow FreeCommander – Dual Panel File Explorer

FreeCommander – Dual Panel File Explorer

FreeCommander is a file explorer with many additional features that Windows Explorer does not. In addition to the standard file management features, it can be used to compare directories, display folder sizes, synchronize folders and more.

The program can also open/create Zip and CAB files as well as search inside those archives.

If you thought that was convenient, how about the abilities to set view filters, create a folder list (for printing), change file attributes, launch a command prompt, take a desktop screenshot, and much more.

Give this program a try and save your time and patience!

Link: www.freecommander.com/index_en.htm

If you fail to prepare,

Thumbs Up/Down

Arrow ZipGenius 6

ZipGenius 6

Ever since the introduction of Windows XP and its internal zipping abilities, most third party compression programs have gone the way of the dinosaur. Don’t get me wrong, there will always be a need for these third party zip programs, but the need is a little more specific or specialized, you might say. For example, Windows XP can’t inherently handle files compressed using the RAR format, which I have run across many times, which has forced me to find third party decompression programs that can handle the format.

Yes, XP has a zip or file compression service, but like most of Windows integrated components, it can be and has become improved upon. With today's download, ZipGenius 6 http://www.zipgenius.it/you will be blown away by the options available from a “good” zip program. Take a look for yourself, but I warn you, I would sit down first. This program will do things you never thought of with a normal zip program.

ARCHIVES HANDLING

· More than 20 archive types supported
      Handles ZIP archives sized over 4 GB
      · OpenOffice.org/StarOffice handling and optimization capabilities
      · 4 modes to view file icons
      · 2 ways to browse files: integral (as in WinZip®) or through folder view
      · 5 compression levels (storage + 4 compression levels)
      · Brutal+UPX additional compression level for ZIP-like archives: it uses the power of UPX to compress executable files like EXE, DLL, OCX
      · Files list can be exported in 4 formats (HTML, CSV, XML, TXT)
      · Can create self-extracting files (SFX) with advanced features that can even launch a setup procedure
      · Smart Extract: extracts and organizes files
      · History
      · Can create Multivolume archives (Disk Spanning)
      · Can repair damaged zip files, plus AutoTest
      · Drag and drop supported
      · Find files inside archives
      · MultiOpen can make you handle more than archive at once
      · 7-ZIP format supported
      · Favorite folders
      · Can install applications, themes for Windows XP and WinAmp/WMP skins
      · File marker upon given criteria
      · MD5 checksum control while testing an archive

INTERNET AND MOBILITY

· Can interoperate with PocketPC® mobile devices
      · Can send archives through e-mail
      · Can publish archives to Web
      · FTPGenius XP (ftp client) - included in ZG Suite Edition setup only and also available as separate download
      · Supports UU/XX/MIME/BASE64 encoding techniques

USER INTERFACE

· User can choose the layout that fits his/her needs
      · ZipGenius Starter: wizard-driven pre-configuration tool
      · First Step Assistant
      · Full Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/Server 2003 shell integration
      · Customizable context menu
      · Highly customizable
      · Explorer styled user interface, now with Common Task sidebar
      · Menu items are grouped into sections
      · Can show a grid in the files list
      · Windows XP visual styles are supported

ADVANCED FEATURES AND MULTIMEDIA

· TWAIN devices supported (scanner and digital cameras) in order to import and compress pictures
      · Pictures preview
      · Can install external compression programs
      · ZG Update: automatic program update through the Internet
      · Command line driven
      · Cutter: a ZGTool to split large files in smaller parts

SAFETY AND PRIVACY

· 4 encryption algorhythms (CZIP 2.1, Rijndael AES, Blowfish, Twofish)
      · Can create self-locking and self-erasing CZIP files + self-decrypting archives (SDA) in .EXE format
      · Password Manager
      · Backup features
      · Can scan archives through an Anti-virus program
      · Suspicious files can be detected
      · Various privacy settings
      · Can create and show zip file SIGNATURE

WOW, I told you this program was impressive. It does everything but get up and make you breakfast in the morning.

Download it and give it a try. It has great backup features.

If you fail to prepare,

Thumbs Up/Down

Arrow Free Downloadable book aims to ease wireless networking

"Wireless Networking in the Developing World"
      is free for anyone to download and print from its Web site,
      http://wndw.net/.

Downloadable book aims to ease wireless networking

Free book aims to instruct people in remote area on how to build wireless Internet connections

By Nancy Gohring,
      IDG News Service

January 30, 2006

Several community wireless and networking specialists have just completed a free, downloadable book designed to instruct people in remote corners of the world on how to build their own Internet connections using wireless gear. While the book itself is noteworthy in that it offers a resource that could have a strong impact on the livelihood of people in remote areas, equally interesting is the way in which it is being distributed.

The book, called "Wireless Networking in the Developing World," was written by eight volunteers, including Rob Flickenger, a community wireless activist, author and developer as well as Sebastian Büttrich and Tomas Krag, co-founders of the nonprofit organization wire.less.dk. Krag, who instructs people around the globe on how to use wireless technology to set up networks, came up with the idea to write a training manual that could be used by people who might not be able to be taught in person by an expert.

Krag admits that this isn't the first book on the subject. In fact, one of the authors, Flickenger, has written a book for the publisher O'Reilly Media on building such wireless networks. "But there are two issues," said Krag. "One is, it's not free. But more importantly, it's hard to get even if you can pay for the book." Someone in a remote area of Mongolia, for example, who could benefit from this book and had the money to pay for it might live in an area that does not have any mail service. Parcel delivery companies will often ship to such locations, but often for exorbitant fees.

"Wireless Networking in the Developing World" is free for anyone to download and print from its Web site, http://wndw.net/. That means that interested people in remote areas can travel to a nearby city where the book could be downloaded and printed at an Internet cafe.

In addition, in an unusual twist among books that are free to download, the authors are allowing others to sell the book for a profit. That means that an enterprising person could print out copies of the book and sell them, perhaps in towns without Internet access.

Krag is hoping to develop ways to encourage small businesses to sell copies of the book. For example, he'd like to develop a page of the Web site where small businesses could register as an organization selling printed copies of the books.

The response to the book since it was first introduced on Friday has been surprising. Already, 3,500 copies have been downloaded. One person in Cambodia has started printing out copies and will distribute them for free. A friend of Krag's in India has offered to translate the book into Hindi.

Krag and his co-authors hope to have the book translated into Spanish, Arabic, Hindi, French, and Russian. The translations could be a challenge to manage going forward because Krag plans to regularly update the book. He said that he hopes the book's Web site will become an open forum where readers and other experts can add comments and chapters. Every six to nine months the authors hope to re-release a new version of the book, including the new information.

There are several reasons why wireless technology is an ideal tool for boosting communications in remote areas, Krag said. It's far cheaper than running cables. More significantly, however, wireless can be used to build networks incrementally, as the operator earns more profits. For example, Krag worked with an entrepreneur in Ghana who initially rented a modem bank to serve customers for a year and a half, until he had enough money to fly to New York where he bought a few wireless routers to serve customers directly. After he earned a bit more money, he flew back to New York to buy some more routers, slowly building out his network as he could afford to.

The networks are often used in ways that can have a significant impact on the people who live in the area. In Tanzania, a group Krag has helped train is using wireless to build centers in remote villages that will be linked to an existing center that teaches local people agricultural skills. That way the villagers don't have to travel so far for the education.

"Wireless Networking in the Developing World"
      is free for anyone to download and print from its Web site, http://wndw.net/.

http://www.infoworld.com/article/06/...-NET2006-01-31

If you fail to prepare,

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information