Received: 1/0
      Given: 18/0

Arrow CVS to Sell Disposable Video Cameras

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      CVS to Sell Disposable Video Cameras

By RICHARD C. LEWIS,
      Associated Press Writer
      Wed Jun 8, 6:14 PM ET

For years, disposable cameras have been a magnet for last-minute photographic whimsy, encouraging all manner of embarrassing pictures from weddings and other social events. Watch out: There's now a disposable video camera.

The $29.99 pocket-sized digital video cameras are able to capture up to 20 minutes of video and sound.

CVS Corp. stores, which has exclusive rights to sell them, will process the camera for $12.99 and return a DVD; users also can e-mail video and video greeting cards.

Pure Digital Technologies Inc. developed and designed the camera with just three buttons. One starts and stops recording, another is used to play back video and the third deletes recorded segments.

Grant Pill, director of photography and imaging at CVS, said the camera is ideal for people who don't want to spend hundreds of dollars or fuss with too many controls.

Available now in the Northeast and elsewhere by the end of the month, the video camera looks similar to a point-and-shoot disposable camera, except it's held vertically to film.

The camcorder weighs 5.5 ounces, Pill said, and is about the size of an MP3 player.

Users watch what they're filming through a rectangular, 1.4-inch wide color display. There are no zoom features. After filming a segment, the user can review what's been recorded and choose to delete the segment at any time during playback.

Pill called the film good VHS quality, but acknowledged it isn't on par with that produced by some personal camcorders.

"George Lucas isn't going to use this to shoot Star Wars IV," he said, "but a budding George Lucas may use this to shoot something in his backyard."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050608/...NlYwNjaWQ3Mzg-

Copyright © 2005 The Associated Press
      Posted In The Spirit of Learning & Sharing
      One Love & Respect Always

The Quest for knowledge stops at the grave.
      HIM Emperor Haile Selassie I.

If you fail to prepare,
      you are preparing to fail!

Mind what you want, because someone wants your mind.

Working together, the ants ate the elephant.

NappiQueen is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0
      Given: 0/0

Disposable video-camera??

:cheers: Greetingz, Jahness!! :cheers:
      That camera soundz cool but, as "natural Black people of the earth", I truly feel it would be in the greatest of interest to our people to promote thingz that are less wasteful and to advertize products that educate and help heal our planet . Our land-fills are filled to capacity and the last thing we need are more disposable products. (I know that U presented this info in the spirit of sharing, so no disrespect sis.)

Jahness is offline OniOni Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by NappiQueen
      :cheers: Greetingz, Jahness!! :cheers:
      That camera soundz cool but, as "natural Black people of the earth", I truly feel it would be in the greatest of interest to our people to promote thingz that are less wasteful and to advertize products that educate and help heal our planet . Our land-fills are filled to capacity and the last thing we need are more disposable products. (I know that U presented this info in the spirit of sharing, so no disrespect sis.)

Greetings NappiQueen!

Yes, that camera sounds cool. I am happy to see that you are considering and taken into account what is going on with our planet. A product being disposable in and off itself does not make it bad. It's if we recycle and reuse the product like anything else that we are allowed to get the benefit.

It's new technology so we are here to discuss and share our views, in this technology section of the forum. This is not a place of advertisement. We do not advertise for anyone or any particular product. Forum members share their views and opinions on any topic this one included.

No disrespect taken NappiQueen, that is why I always presented the info in the spirit of sharing. Your opininion like all those who decide to share with us here at the forum, is valued. We are all here to share and learn whether we are in agreement or not with a particular topic or subject.

I am in agreement with you about our landfills being full. Buying bottled water, soda, juices, or buying coffee, or tea, and all the other disposables we use when we travel on a daily basis are all filling up the landfills even more. So we really have to be delligent in all aspects of our daily consumption. Waste not want not.

Thank you for sharing and allowing me to share with you.

Peace & Blessings!

If you fail to prepare,

rebelAfrika is offline Pan-Africanism or Perish!

Thumbs Up/Down
      Given: 0/0

I heard about this on the news myself. The price of them are supposedly gonna be very cheap too. Now all of us should be able to keep one handy for when we are confronted by the "you know who's"

Jahness is offline OniOni Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by rebelafrika
      I heard about this on the news myself. The price of them are supposedly gonna be very cheap too. Now all of us should be able to keep one handy for when we are confronted by the "you know who's"

Greetings RebelAfrika

Welcome to the discussion. I also heard the disposable digital cameras were not going to be too expensive. I am waiting to really see, how good the prices are.

I am in agreement with you, it could be a very useful tool, to keep handy for when we are confronted by you know who :o

Having something like that camera can take the guess work out of a lot of situations when we need to have proper evidence of wrong doing, especially by you know who :o

Thank you for checking out the post rebelafrika. Happy to see you here.

Peace & Blessings!

If you fail to prepare,

Thread Information