Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up


    Results 1 to 6 of 6
    1. #1
      RecoveringAA's Avatar
      RecoveringAA is offline Warrior

      Join Date
      Feb 2005
      Posts
      1,664
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 2/0
      Given: 0/0
      Rep Power
      197

      Wink off-line printer


      0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      Greetings of Afreekan Love Family,

      I am Joanie, a RE~covering Afreekan ameirkkkan and RE~presentative from the Voices in the Margins.

      Tech Queen Jahness,

      First may I Blacxtend a hugh Big Ups for your invaluable assistance in teaching me how to post images.


      It was so simple. Did you know there is a clique about the re~covery process?

      "Old~timers" in the program will tell you, "its a simple program for complicated people". Akpe Kaka for keepin it simple for this old~timer


      I am currently in need of further assistance and TRUST you can help.

      I re~cently re~connected my printer to puter system. It will not print.
      Following all directions in the trouble shooting, I find that my printer is set to print "off-line". I sense this is the source of my difficulty.
      I do not know how to set it to on-line status.
      Can you help?

      Akpe in advance for your prompt re~ponse...and for allowing me to share

      In Love of Afreekans home and abroad

    2. #2
      Jahness's Avatar
      Jahness is offline OniOni Warrior

      Join Date
      Mar 2005
      Location
      In amerikkka! Stolen from Afrika!
      Posts
      6,827
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0
      Given: 18/0
      Rep Power
      616

      Arrow


      0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by RecoveringAA
      Greetings of Afreekan Love Family,

      I am Joanie, a RE~covering Afreekan ameirkkkan and RE~presentative from the Voices in the Margins.

      Tech Queen Jahness,

      First may I Blacxtend a hugh Big Ups for your invaluable assistance in teaching me how to post images.


      It was so simple. Did you know there is a clique about the re~covery process?

      "Old~timers" in the program will tell you, "its a simple program for complicated people". Akpe Kaka for keepin it simple for this old~timer


      I am currently in need of further assistance and TRUST you can help.

      I re~cently re~connected my printer to puter system. It will not print.
      Following all directions in the trouble shooting, I find that my printer is set to print "off-line". I sense this is the source of my difficulty.
      I do not know how to set it to on-line status.
      Can you help?

      Akpe in advance for your prompt re~ponse...and for allowing me to share

      In Love of Afreekans home and abroad
      Greetings Joanie!

      Happy to know that the directions was helpful as to how to
      post the images in the forum.

      Now on to your next problem of switching the printer from
      Off-Line printer mode so it can print again.

      Go to Start-->'Settings-->Printers'

      Look for your printer and Right Click on your printer name

      Look and see if Use Printer Offline is checked if it is checked,
      then click on it and uncheck 'Use Printer Offline'.

      Now sometimes in WinXP it may not be checked at all and you have to look under the name of your printer and see if it says READY or OFFLINE. If it says OFFLINE then Click on the 'Use Printer Offline' to change it. When it is changed it should say READY under the name of your printer.

      Peace & Blessings!
      Posted In The Spirit of Learning & Sharing
      One Love & Respect Always

      ***************************************
      The Quest for knowledge stops at the grave.
      HIM Emperor Haile Selassie I.


      If you fail to prepare,
      you are preparing to fail!


      Mind what you want, because someone wants your mind.

      Working together, the ants ate the elephant.


    3. #3
      RecoveringAA's Avatar
      RecoveringAA is offline Warrior

      Join Date
      Feb 2005
      Posts
      1,664
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 2/0
      Given: 0/0
      Rep Power
      197

      0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Jahness
      Greetings Joanie!

      Happy to know that the directions was helpful as to how to
      post the images in the forum.

      Now on to your next problem of switching the printer from
      Off-Line printer mode so it can print again.

      Go to Start-->'Settings-->Printers'

      Look for your printer and Right Click on your printer name

      Look and see if Use Printer Offline is checked if it is checked,
      then click on it and uncheck 'Use Printer Offline'.

      Now sometimes in WinXP it may not be checked at all and you have to look under the name of your printer and see if it says READY or OFFLINE. If it says OFFLINE then Click on the 'Use Printer Offline' to change it. When it is changed it should say READY under the name of your printer.

      Peace & Blessings!
      Htp Jahness,

      I did that...is set and says "ready"...still will not print test page or anything else???!!??

    4. #4
      RecoveringAA's Avatar
      RecoveringAA is offline Warrior

      Join Date
      Feb 2005
      Posts
      1,664
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 2/0
      Given: 0/0
      Rep Power
      197

      Arrow


      0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      Greetings again Sistren,

      IT'S WORKING!

      I needed to tighten up the connection from printer to puter, then follow directions again. That did it.

      Akpe Kaka Tech Queen Jahness

      Greetings sister Joanie!

      Happy to know you got that printer to finally work.

      As a basic rule of troubleshooting of any hardware problem,
      always make sure and check the physical connection of
      the cables.

      Don't take it for granted, that if the cable looks like it's
      connected it is. Sometimes a slight shift of the piece of
      hardware can make the cable loose. So always physically
      detach the cable and then reattach to make sure it fits
      snugly.

      Congrats, I knew you could do it, you got skills.

      Happy printing :o

      Peace!

    5. #5
      Elisa Keisha's Avatar
      Elisa Keisha is offline Moderator

      Join Date
      Jan 2004
      Location
      Barcelona (Spain)
      Posts
      4,105
      Blog Entries
      6
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 3/0
      Given: 0/0
      Rep Power
      430

      0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      Congrats!! dont it feels good when u make it! I always love learnin new things about computerin, internet and the type of stuff I never thought I could comprehend!

      Beautiful Lion!!!!!!

      Elisa Marvena Nyarai




      SANKOFA Asociación Cultural
      www.myspace.com/sankofacultura
      http://sankofacultura.blogspot.com

    6. #6
      Jahness's Avatar
      Jahness is offline OniOni Warrior

      Join Date
      Mar 2005
      Location
      In amerikkka! Stolen from Afrika!
      Posts
      6,827
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0
      Given: 18/0
      Rep Power
      616

      Arrow


      0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Elisa_Keisha
      Congrats!! dont it feels good when u make it! I always love learnin new things about computerin, internet and the type of stuff I never thought I could comprehend!

      Beautiful Lion!!!!!!
      Greetings Elisa_Keisha!

      Welcome to the PC-Tech forum. I always feel good learning new things about the computer, even though I have been in the field for quite a while.

      You are 100% correct in what you are saying. It really is a good feeling learning to do something new, especially when so many of us tell ourselves ahead of time that we cannot do something. I always say it never hurts to try, and a lot of time just trying we learn and accomplish doing new things.

      Thanks Elisa for sharing and allowing me to share with you also!

      Peace & Blessings!
      Posted In The Spirit of Learning & Sharing
      One Love & Respect Always

      ***************************************
      The Quest for knowledge stops at the grave.
      HIM Emperor Haile Selassie I.


      If you fail to prepare,
      you are preparing to fail!


      Mind what you want, because someone wants your mind.

      Working together, the ants ate the elephant.


    Thread Information

    Users Browsing this Thread

    There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. M3D Micro 3D Printer review - CNET
      By TTDC Bot in forum PC Tech Advice & Technology RSS
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 04-15-2016, 01:00 AM
    2. A low-cost multifunction touchscreen printer under $150
      By TTDC Bot in forum PC Tech Advice & Technology RSS
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 10-23-2015, 01:00 AM
    3. Formlabs' new 3D printer uses a Blu-ray laser to cut objects out of resin
      By TTDC Bot in forum PC Tech Advice & Technology RSS
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 09-23-2015, 01:42 AM
    4. West African Inventor Makes $100 3D Printer From E-Waste
      By TTDC Bot in forum Afrikan News RSS Feed
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 06-07-2014, 01:00 AM
    5. Is your Printer Spying on you
      By OsunkoyaIfayomi in forum P C Tech Advice & Technology
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 07-29-2005, 10:51 AM

    Thread Participants: 2

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  


    About

      Assata Shakur Speaks is an Forum Devoted To Assata Shakur And All Political Prisoners Around The World.
      Assata Shakur Speaks Is An Oasis Of Pan African Information Geared Towards The Liberation Of Afrikan People.

    Follow Us On

    Twitter Facebook youtube Flickr DavianArt Dribbble RSS Feed



    BACK TO TOP