Forgot your password?

AzaniaSpeaks is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0
      Given: 0/0

How to question: Saving streaming media

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      Greetings! ImHotep!

I'm interested in saving streaming radio to my hard drive. I've been utilizing the windows media player for certain internet sites and would appreciate receiving insructions as to how to download some of the radio lectures, etc.

One of our brothers told me how to do it over the phone but I simply did not get the instructions/process straight in my head.

Thanks in advance for your patience and assistance!

Asante sana!
      The KMTK symbol SEBEK is the Crocodile image of the Divine Messenger and embodiment of the 'Word of God' SEBEK RULES COMMUNICATION, COMMUNION AND COMMUTING -- 'WORD/UTTERANCE' AS A CREATIVE FORCE IN FORMING REALITY!

Azania Speaks - With The Voice of the Crocodile - SEBEK - Divine Utterance! Peace Born of Power!

http://www.sur-bet.org Some United Responsible Blacks Embracing Togetherness

"Courage is not the absence of fear -- it is the possession of fortitude!"

Jahness is offline OniOni Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0
      Given: 18/0

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by AzaniaSpeaks
      Greetings! ImHotep!

I'm interested in saving streaming radio to my hard drive. I've been utilizing the windows media player for certain internet sites and would appreciate receiving insructions as to how to download some of the radio lectures, etc.

One of our brothers told me how to do it over the phone but I simply did not get the instructions/process straight in my head.

Thanks in advance for your patience and assistance!

Asante sana!

Greetings AzaniaSpeaks!

I will post the information on this for you a bit later. I am organizing the info for you and I keep getting interrupted at the moment..so bare with me.

Also downloading most streaming media is illegal, unless you adhere to copyrights, or pay for the media legally. I will give you the proper info with the proper balance with what you can do, and what is recommended that you don't do, soon as I can finish it tonight or tomorrow, since I am working on another project at this moment.

Peace!

Downloading Streaming Media

Twinklesoft’s MediaRecorder, along with a wide spectrum of free and paid streaming recorders (see sidebar) , allows for the simple recording of streamed audio and video. "It’s as easy as specifying the source Web address, a file for saving the broadcast to, and timer or clock-based recording," says Treckeme. His curiousity about the possibility of saving Internet radio streams "led to the development of the Twinklesoft MediaRecorder product," says Treckeme. MediaRecorder records at the same level of quality as the broadcast, but "while Internet broadcasts parallel traditional ones in many ways, quality is one area where they differ," says Treckeme.

That said, the quality gap is closing, especially for audio (one listen at Orban’s booth at Streaming Media East certainly opened my ears to what can be done with relatively low-bandwidth audio), which is what will put it at the forefront of the "fair use" debate. Treckeme supports the idea that recordings should be handled the same as for traditional radio and TV broadcasting. "There, recording for personal use is legal, and we’ve had the means to do this for years—audio and video cassettes, CD and DVD recorders," says Treckeme. "Why should Internet broadcasts be any different?" Of course, once someone tries to capture a broadcast and then sell copies for profit, they’ve used the content illegally.

According to Treckeme, "Products such as MediaRecorder enable time-shifting" of streamed content. Some streaming providers already offer the ability to rewind, pause, and fast forward without the need for saving content to a hard drive. But eventually, as streaming grows in bandwidth usage and DVRs find their way into more and more home theaters, it may become easier and cheaper to simply save content locally on the fly rather than starting, stopping, and adjusting the stream. This could especially be true for events like NBA games and NASCAR races that benefit from multi-camera Webcasts.

"Movie studio and production houses will find [saving streaming] a useful tool," says ZyGoDigital’s Sheffield. "They can actually share things that they’re working on in real time." But even more than that, directors and producers will one day soon be able to do rough cuts of dailies (all of the footage shot during one day of a shoot) on their PDAs. The dailies will be streamed to the PDA, clips can then be saved and roughly edited, and finally the EDL (Edit Decision List) will be uploaded back on to the server, changing the original content’s timecode to reflect the cuts that were made. "The important thing is to keep track of the timecode markers so you can build a really good EDL," says Sheffield. "You can also come up with a way to describe fades, dissolves, and things like that." In fact, non-linear editing software like Final Cut Pro has already started to do that with XML. Sheffield strongly believes that this application of saving streaming could revolutionize film production, but "it’s not there yet."

Sidebar: Saving Streaming Resources
      There are a variety of resources available on the Web that go into detail about the various streaming-recorder options. Here are a trio of tables and one in depth article that can help you find the streaming recorder that’s right for you.

About.com
      http://www.About.com lists 20 streaming audio recording software programs in a table that compares their various features Scroll down the page and notice on the right-hand side a pair of articles that detail step-by-step instructions to guide you through saving streaming audio..

All Streaming Media
      This page contains another table with nearly 20 streaming recorders, only these deal with video. This table can be sorted by the format of streaming that you’re trying to record; it also contains a variety of streaming audio recorders. Just take a look at the navigation bar on the left-hand side of the screen.

Streaming media recording software list
      Inside of the Streaming Media Recording forum you’ll find this list of streaming media recording software. While it contains many of the same recorders listed in other tables, there's plenty else here. Scroll down and you’ll find specific information about using Mplayer to record streaming.

VCRs for Streaming
      This March 2004 StreamingMedia.com article highlights some of the key features one shareware (free for 15 days) and one freeware streaming recorder: StreamDown and SDP, respectively. The SDP recorder is a product of the Streaming Download Project, an independent group of software coders dedicated to fully understanding and documenting the Microsoft Media Server protocol.

Lots more information is available at Streamingmedia.com so check them out. They do a great job and have excellent sources on this topic:

http://p084.ezboard.com/fstreemeboxv...opicID=1.topic
      http://www.streamingmedia.com/west/
      http://p084.ezboard.com/bstreemeboxvcr
      Posted In The Spirit of Learning & Sharing
      One Love & Respect Always

The Quest for knowledge stops at the grave.
      HIM Emperor Haile Selassie I.

If you fail to prepare,
      you are preparing to fail!

Mind what you want, because someone wants your mind.

Working together, the ants ate the elephant.

Akyeame Kwame is offline Abibikasawura

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 10/0

Quote Originally Posted by Jahness
      Greetings AzaniaSpeaks!

I will post the information on this for you a bit later. I am organizing the info fo you and I keep getting interrupted at the moment bare with me.

Also downloading most streaming media is illegal, unless you adhere to copyrights, or pay for the media legally. I will give you the proper info with the proper balance, soon as I can finish it tonight or tomorrow, since I am working on another project at this moment.

Peace!

Downloading Streaming Media

Twinklesoft’s MediaRecorder, along with a wide spectrum of free and paid streaming recorders (see sidebar) , allows for the simple recording of streamed audio and video. "It’s as easy as specifying the source Web address, a file for saving the broadcast to, and timer or clock-based recording," says Treckeme. His curiousity about the possibility of saving Internet radio streams "led to the development of the Twinklesoft MediaRecorder product," says Treckeme. MediaRecorder records at the same level of quality as the broadcast, but "while Internet broadcasts parallel traditional ones in many ways, quality is one area where they differ," says Treckeme.

That said, the quality gap is closing, especially for audio (one listen at Orban’s booth at Streaming Media East certainly opened my ears to what can be done with relatively low-bandwidth audio), which is what will put it at the forefront of the "fair use" debate. Treckeme supports the idea that recordings should be handled the same as for traditional radio and TV broadcasting. "There, recording for personal use is legal, and we’ve had the means to do this for years—audio and video cassettes, CD and DVD recorders," says Treckeme. "Why should Internet broadcasts be any different?" Of course, once someone tries to capture a broadcast and then sell copies for profit, they’ve used the content illegally.

According to Treckeme, "Products such as MediaRecorder enable time-shifting" of streamed content. Some streaming providers already offer the ability to rewind, pause, and fast forward without the need for saving content to a hard drive. But eventually, as streaming grows in bandwidth usage and DVRs find their way into more and more home theaters, it may become easier and cheaper to simply save content locally on the fly rather than starting, stopping, and adjusting the stream. This could especially be true for events like NBA games and NASCAR races that benefit from multi-camera Webcasts.

"Movie studio and production houses will find [saving streaming] a useful tool," says ZyGoDigital’s Sheffield. "They can actually share things that they’re working on in real time." But even more than that, directors and producers will one day soon be able to do rough cuts of dailies (all of the footage shot during one day of a shoot) on their PDAs. The dailies will be streamed to the PDA, clips can then be saved and roughly edited, and finally the EDL (Edit Decision List) will be uploaded back on to the server, changing the original content’s timecode to reflect the cuts that were made. "The important thing is to keep track of the timecode markers so you can build a really good EDL," says Sheffield. "You can also come up with a way to describe fades, dissolves, and things like that." In fact, non-linear editing software like Final Cut Pro has already started to do that with XML. Sheffield strongly believes that this application of saving streaming could revolutionize film production, but "it’s not there yet."

Sidebar: Saving Streaming Resources
      There are a variety of resources available on the Web that go into detail about the various streaming-recorder options. Here are a trio of tables and one in depth article that can help you find the streaming recorder that’s right for you.

About.com
      About.com lists 20 streaming audio recording software programs in a table that compares their various features. Scroll down the page and notice on the right-hand side a pair of articles that detail step-by-step instructions to guide you through saving streaming audio.

All Streaming Media
      This page contains another table with nearly 20 streaming recorders, only these deal with video. This table can be sorted by the format of streaming that you’re trying to record; it also contains a variety of streaming audio recorders. Just take a look at the navigation bar on the left-hand side of the screen.

Streaming media recording software list
      Inside of the Streaming Media Recording forum you’ll find this list of streaming media recording software. While it contains many of the same recorders listed in other tables, there's plenty else here. Scroll down and you’ll find specific information about using Mplayer to record streaming.

VCRs for Streaming
      This March 2004 StreamingMedia.com article highlights some of the key features one shareware (free for 15 days) and one freeware streaming recorder: StreamDown and SDP, respectively. The SDP recorder is a product of the Streaming Download Project, an independent group of software coders dedicated to fully understanding and documenting the Microsoft Media Server protocol.
      Thx for this info Sista Jahness. i've been checking out streaming media online for a while now and i was wondering if there was a way to save some of it to my hard drive. i appreciate it. thx and stay BlackTified!!!

AK
      Learn Twi, Yoruba and Wolof ||| Live Interactive Online

Abibitumi Kasa Afrikan Liberation Institute

Abibitumi Kasa Ning Network

Thumbs Up/Down

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Akyeame Kwame
      Thx for this info Sista Jahness. i've been checking out streaming media online for a while now and i was wondering if there was a way to save some of it to my hard drive. i appreciate it. thx and stay BlackTified!!!

AK

Greetings Akyeame!

Anything for you BlackNificent one! :o Seriously, it's a pleasure
      to serve all my people.

Peace & Blessings!

If you fail to prepare,

AzaniaSpeaks is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0

Lightbulb

Greetings! ImHotep!

Sister you are a scholar indeed! Asante sana for the Blacknificent and in depth presentation! Had you been at the stove, I'd say you 'put yo foot in it! '

I have already bookmarked 2 of the sites and will begin study over the weekend. The ability to capture some much treasured findings will enhance my capacity to share truth w/family, extended family and the community.

I am honored to be a part of this family, especially to count you as my sister!
      The KMTK symbol SEBEK is the Crocodile image of the Divine Messenger and embodiment of the 'Word of God' SEBEK RULES COMMUNICATION, COMMUNION AND COMMUTING -- 'WORD/UTTERANCE' AS A CREATIVE FORCE IN FORMING REALITY!

Azania Speaks - With The Voice of the Crocodile - SEBEK - Divine Utterance! Peace Born of Power!

http://www.sur-bet.org Some United Responsible Blacks Embracing Togetherness

"Courage is not the absence of fear -- it is the possession of fortitude!"

Thumbs Up/Down

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by AzaniaSpeaks
      Greetings! ImHotep!

Sister you are a scholar indeed! Asante sana for the Blacknificent and in depth presentation! Had you been at the stove, I'd say you 'put yo foot in it! '

I have already bookmarked 2 of the sites and will begin study over the weekend. The ability to capture some much treasured findings will enhance my capacity to share truth w/family, extended family and the community.

I am honored to be a part of this family, especially to count you as my sister!
      Greetings AzaniaSpeaks!

I am content knowing you find the information helpful and what you need.

It is truly an honor to be your sister and to help all my Afrikan family here in the forum.

Much appreciation for the rose, it is received in the spirit it was sent. :cheers:

Peace!

If you fail to prepare,

Thread Information