via: Empress Chi
=============

PRESS RELEASE:
For More information contact: PH: 267-299-6424
Email: BWDL7@aol.com or officialmwm@yahoo.com
The MWM Human Rights Commission
Black Community Direct Action Task Force

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNHY1V32fvo]YouTube - Justice Matters!: A Rally to Save Troy Davis[/ame]

An Information and
Anti-Death Penalty Rally

will take place on Fri. Sept. 26, 2008 at 4:30 PM

at the Clothes Pin @15th & Market Streets (in Philly) to raise greater awareness and attention to the case and pending (proposed) execution of Troy Davis, who received a Stay on Tues. Sept. 23, 2008 (in GA) until Mon. Sept.29. 2008

The Rally will also address the issue of political prisoners in the US (especially from COINTELPRO as well as other ( more systematic present day government and related programs and operations),
human rights violations, and the need to end the legalization of state murders/executions (Death Penalty)

Case of Troy Davis:

Troy Davis was convicted for the alleged murder of Police Officer Mark MacPhail in Georgia. Yet serious doubts of his guilt remain and compelling evidence of his innocence is has not been heard in court.

There is no physical evidence linking Troy to the crime; no DNA, no murder weapon. Seven out of 9 witnesses have recanted their testimony implicating Troy, and one of the two remaining witnesses is the likely suspect.
All Troy Davis has ever asked for is the chance to be tried in a court of law with the actual evidence. Now more than ever is the time for justice to be served.

Troy Davis and his family need your help!

Send the e-mail, send the fax, and make yourself heard again via telephone... The message is simple: "I am calling to ask the Georgia Board of Pardons and Paroles to reconsider the case of Troy Davis and to stop this execution."
Other than Georgia's Board of Pardons and Paroles, the U.S. Supreme Court can stop the execution of Troy Davis. Troy's Stay of Execution. at this point in time is only granted to Mon. Sept. 29, 2008

Georgia Parole Board Fax Numbers:
(404)-651-8502 (404)-651-6670; (404)651-8502; (404) 651-5282; (404) 463-6627
~~~~~~~~~

FREE TROY DAVIS

Where is the Justice for me?
A plea from Troy Davis

Where is the Justice for me? In 1989 I surrendered myself to the police for crimes I knew I was innocent of in an effort to seek justice through the court system in Savannah, Georgia USA. But like so many death penalty cases, that was not my fate and I have been denied justice. During my imprisonment I have lost more than my freedom, I lost my father and my family has suffered terribly, many times being treated as less than human and even as criminals. In the past I have had lawyers who refused my input, and would not represent me in the manner that I wanted to be represented. I have had witnesses against me threatened into making false statements to seal my death sentence and witnesses who wanted to tell the truth were vilified in court.

For the entire two years I was in jail awaiting trial I wore a handmade cross around my neck, it gave me peace and when a news reporter made a statement in the local news, “Cop-killer wears cross to court,” the cross was immediately taken as if I was unworthy to believe in God or him in me. The only time my family was allowed to enter the courtroom on my behalf was during the sentencing phase where my mother and sister had to beg for my life and the prosecutor simply said, “I was only fit for killing.” Where is the Justice for me, when the courts have refused to allow me relief when multiple witnesses have recanted their testimonies that they lied against me?

Because of the Anti-Terrorism Bill, the blatant racism and bias in the U.S. Court System, I remain on death row in spite of a compelling case of my innocence. Finally I have a private law firm trying to help save my life in the court system, but it is like no one wants to admit the system made another grave mistake. Am I to be made an example of to save face? Does anyone care about my family who has been victimized by this death sentence for over 16 years? Does anyone care that my family has the fate of knowing the time and manner by which I may be killed by the state of Georgia?

I truly understand a life has been lost and I have prayed for that family just as I pray for mine, but I am Innocent and all I ask for is a True Day in a Just Court. If I am so guilty why do the courts deny me that? The truth is that they have no real case; the truth is I am Innocent.

(visit website at Troy Anthony Davis)

To volunteer or for more information about the Philly Rally call: 267-299-6424 or e-mail: officialmwm@yahoo.com or BWDL7@aol.com