10 Basic Things We All Can Do Right Now
1. Learn about yourself, Your People, Your History, Your
Civilization and Your Culture (start buying African-centered books,
video tapes, audio tapes, etc., so that you will come to Know
Yourself, Love Yourself and Be yourself).
2. Stop inferiorizing yourself by imitating the appearance of
others, and start accepting and respecting your own appearance by
loving and wearing your hair the way it naturally grows, cherishing
and keeping your skin color the way it naturally glows, and
embracing and appreciating your physical features the way they
3. Select an African name for yourself and every member of your
family, for through re-naming yourself you are taking one of the
most important steps towards re-claiming yourself.
4. Purchase African-made and African-oriented clothing for yourself
and every member of your family, and wear them as often as possible.
5. Wear African-centered jewelry such as necklaces, rings and
bracelets that depict Africa, The Ankh, Nefertiti, etc., and wear
them as often as possible.
6. Keep a map of Africa and an African Flag (red, black and green)
on display in your home as a constant acknowledgement and
reinforcement of your identification with the People and Land of
7. Stop smoking, drinking and using drugs (except for the treatment
of legitimate medical conditions), and start treating your body like
the sanctuary that it is.
8. Understand and internalize the truth that All African People are
One People, All African Land is One Land, and All African Knowledge
is One Knowledge; and teach these principles to your children.
9. Learn to always seek The Highest Truth (The Best Way) in all
that you do in Life, and always recognize that knowledge and truth
are infinite treasures that we must pursue on a constant basis for
us to achieve progressive advancement and empowerment from
10. Commit yourself to positive change, in thought and action, and
start contributing on a consistent basis to the building and
maintenance of institutions that are working for The Total Freedom
and Independence of All African People throughout the world, and the
re-building of Our Own Modern and Independent Civilization and
Batu A. Shakari