Wonderfully Cheap Alternative to your standard white dry erase board

by Mahogany Homeschooler on Sunday, March 21, 2010 at 8:36pm

Dry erase boards can be quite expensive, even for the smaller sizes. They run anywhere from $30 to well in the hundreds. I came a cross a video that provided a great alternative called bathroom backer board. It is a tough, water-resistant board to help protect wood and maintain tile adhesion. All you need to is a pack of dry erase markers to go with it and you are good to go. Below is a listing of backer board I found on the home depot website just as an example

James Hardie
3 Ft. X 5 Ft. x.42 In. Ceramic Tile BackerBoard
Model # 220023
Store SKU# 202225

********$10.49/EA-Each*******

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1xgf/R-100170507/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

You can put it up on your wall or even cut a few smaller squares for individual practice with your little ones or independent work. If you were to purchase a dry erase board with the same measurements as backerboard example above, you would pay approx $60. If you are looking for a dry erase board for your homeschool classroom, take a trip to your local Home Depot, Lowes or home improvement store and ask for their white Bathroom Backer Board

~Peace~

Peace be upon you

RBG BLADADEMICS LIBRARY UPDATED WITH OUR SCRIBD BRANDING - Rap Music - Zimbio

Early depictions of Gautama Buddha 600 BC

Guilt-Free Homeschooling

Black Home Schoolers
Trace Worksheet - History Short Lesson - Martin Luther King
A quick short history lesson for preschool and kindergarten students.

Mahogany Homeschooler

Tomorrow we will be learning about Cubism which is an art technique. Pablo Picasso incorporated cubism in his art. After doing some research on him, I learned that his work was heavily influenced by African art and technique.

Comparison Shopping Lesson Plan, Teaching Worksheet, Problems http://www.moneyinstructor.com/

Guilt-Free Homeschooling
Did you know that visiting the Guilt-Free Homeschooling blog can be more refreshing than a whole week at a homeschool conference? ...and it's free! ...and it's convenient! ...and it's fun! Here's a list of topics covered at GFHS. Drop by soon... and bring your coffee!

Lee Binz-The HomeScholar
Become a facebook fan so you can see my video tip of the Week - What are the Graduation Requirements? Just click "like" and the video will be on the wall :-)

Homeschooling: How to Compare College Credits and High School Credits
www.bizymoms.com

Ancestral Medicinals | Facebook

IIASK - International Institute of Afrikan Studies & Knowledge, Inc.
Yoruba Ifa Yeyefini Efunbolade IIASK

Ancestral Medicinals