Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
      Los
      Los is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0
      Given: 0/0

Black Guerilla Family

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      The issue around Tookie recently, and tomorrow is the date.. It made me revisit all of my research I've done about prisons. But since Tookie was most likely part of the BGF in his early prison years. It creates some questions that are not related to him but the sociology within prisons.

If you may or may not know, us Chicanos have our Norte(red) and Sur(blue) gangs, and in prison, they still are seperated by color, however with the Black Guerilla Family, they unite, regardless if on the street if they were bloods or crips.

Why do you think this is? At first I thought it would be because the black population is not nearly as high as the Chicanos in California prisons, so maybe that is why the BGF is more tight-knit? Or is it simply that the Blacks have their shit together in there and have a higher regard for brotherhood in prisons?
      When tyranny is law, revolution is order

Thumbs Up/Down

I've read Monster by a former crip from LA and i never remember him mentioned BGF. Also in the eastcoast Bloods and Crips was basically started because the latin kings were running shit. Maybe someone can fill us in.
      "I come with my heart bearing truth, and there are no lies in it..."

Mosi Ngozi is offline Pan-Afrikanist

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 9/0
      Given: 16/1

BGF says all gang afilliations are dropped and unite under one cause strength in numbers.And when it comes to the Chicano gangs in Califas they seperate by location meaning Northern and Southern or farmers versis the city boys.At one time the brothers stayed seperated by the red and the blue and they where being harassed from all sides. So a council was put together when an even amount of leaders from the Bloods and an equal amount of leaders from Crips and the BGF was in full affect. The BGF has been around since the early 70's. Comrade george Jackson has spoken of the BGF in one his books.
      You are here because you know something,what you
      know you can't explain,but you feel it.You've felt it
      your entire life; that theres something wrong with the
      world.You don't know what it is but it's there; a
      splinter in your mind... the matrix

SoularFlarez is offline Her-Em-Akhet

Afrika iz my Block but tha whole Earth iz my Hood
      Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Guerilla Black
      I've read Monster by a former crip from LA and i never remember him mentioned BGF. Also in the eastcoast Bloods and Crips was basically started because the latin kings were running shit. Maybe someone can fill us in.
      he was messen with sum of them BGF kats tho... cuz da CCO-Consolidated Crips Organization.. he became part of didnt have no beef with the UBN United Bloods Nation...and they dealt wit BGF brothas up in there. da New Afrikans, BGF, CCO, UBN and Norte's was kool....da Surenos, WHite power groups and the "uncultured'' Crips were enemies.

Bloods on eastcoast started round 93 in Rikers Island cuz alot bros was catchen hell from Netas n Kings. Bloods n Kings are more or less "kool" now though. United under the "5" People Nation,just bangen on Crips for most part out here. (SOME) da Bloods n a few Crip sets, from what I hear, kool wit da NewPanthers nowdays...

yo BigDaddy i think da book was Blood In My Eye

oh yeh... and since BGF was on westcoast...what they got out EAST ?? BLA maybe ?

Los
      Los is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

That is interesting, I didnt know George Jackson wrote books, although most of the Black Panther leaders did write books. I only have some books by Mumia, Bobby and Huey, none of the rest.....but I'm broke right now ....so I just put Jackson's books on my wishlist, I'll buy them next time I get paid

Can a mod move this thread to the appropiate forum please
      Last edited by Los; 12-14-2005 at 04:03 AM.
      When tyranny is law, revolution is order

SoularFlarez is offline Her-Em-Akhet

Afrika iz my Block but tha whole Earth iz my Hood
      Thumbs Up/Down

yeahhh he wrote ...

Blood in My Eye
      and Soledad Brothers ...which is pretty much letters he was writing to fam n friends. very good to get idea of what he was thinken/feelen as experiencen day to day up in there.

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

I am not sure what name they went under on the east coast. And i also think it was the book Blood In MY Eye. Thanks for looking out SoularFlarez.

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

I did some cheking around and the the name that keeps being told to me is for the east Coast is the BLA.

Thumbs Up/Down

Can someone confirm that and also is BGF on the streets or soley in prisons.
      "I come with my heart bearing truth, and there are no lies in it..."

AfroNinpo is offline Media Assassin!

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

Bmf

Out here exists BMF...Black Maffia Family

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Feds arrest 23 in multistate drug, money-laundering ring

So-called Black Mafia Family laundered $270 million over 15 years, feds say

By Tom Krisher / Associated Press

Comment on this story
      Send this story to a friend
      Get Home Delivery

DETROIT -- Federal authorities say they have broken up a cocaine-trafficking ring that laundered more than $270 million over 15 years in an operation that began in Michigan and branched out across the country.

The organization, known on the streets as the Black Mafia Family, had ties to the rap music industry, and its two leaders have appeared in rap videos, said Robert L. Corso, special agent in charge of the Drug Enforcement Agency in Detroit.

"They were in fact just another group of thugs who brought fear, intimidation and violence to the streets of Detroit," he said.

Local and federal authorities in Michigan, California, Florida, Kentucky, Texas, Georgia, Arkansas and Mississippi arrested 23 people Friday, and two suspects remained at large, authorities said.

They face charges that include conspiracy, drug possession with intent to deliver and money laundering, according to a federal grand jury indictment unsealed Friday in Detroit.

U.S. Attorney Stephen J. Murphy said local and federal authorities have been after the ring since 2000 and recently were able to pull several old cases together from many different states.

Authorities said the gang dealt in "multi-kilogram" quantities of cocaine. Since 1999, authorities seized cocaine from the group in Polk County, Texas; Flagstaff, Ariz.; Kansas City, Mo.; Collin County, Texas; Crawford County, Ark.; Florissant, Mo.; St. Louis; and Woodland Hills, Calif.

The gang bought more than $1 million worth of winning lottery tickets at inflated prices "in an effort to launder the cash through legitimate means," Murphy said. They would then use the winnings to purchase homes and vehicles, hiding the fact that the true source of the money was drug sales.

Sandi Carter, assistant special agent in the Detroit office of the Internal Revenue Service, said the gang was able to find the winning Daily 4 lottery tickets through contacts in the Detroit area.

According to the indictment, the gang was led by Terry L. Flenory, 35, of Los Angeles, and his brother, Demetrius E. Flenory, 45, of Atlanta.

They started the ring in the Detroit area in the mid-1990s, and it spread to other states as it became more successful, authorities said. Members would use vehicles with hidden compartments to transport the cash from cocaine sales, authorities said.

The gang also bought and leased luxury cars and real estate through false names to conceal the source of their money, the indictment said. Corso alleged that the gang leaders used their ties to rap musicians to find luxury car brokers.

Authorities said they will seek forfeiture of 10 homes, 18 vehicles and $1.2 million that already have been confiscated. The homes are located in the Detroit and Los Angeles areas.

Murphy said local and federal authorities had touched the edges of the organization for years but had not tied their work together until recently. Investigators were able to link old cases through telephones used by the Flenory brothers, he said.
      Nuk Khapera Heru'ur
      The Greatest Revenge Is MASSIVE Success!

Mackeyite is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by AfroNinpo
      Out here exists BMF...Black Maffia Family

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Feds arrest 23 in multistate drug, money-laundering ring

So-called Black Mafia Family laundered $270 million over 15 years, feds say

By Tom Krisher / Associated Press

Comment on this story
      Send this story to a friend
      Get Home Delivery

DETROIT -- Federal authorities say they have broken up a cocaine-trafficking ring that laundered more than $270 million over 15 years in an operation that began in Michigan and branched out across the country.

The organization, known on the streets as the Black Mafia Family, had ties to the rap music industry, and its two leaders have appeared in rap videos, said Robert L. Corso, special agent in charge of the Drug Enforcement Agency in Detroit.

"They were in fact just another group of thugs who brought fear, intimidation and violence to the streets of Detroit," he said.

Local and federal authorities in Michigan, California, Florida, Kentucky, Texas, Georgia, Arkansas and Mississippi arrested 23 people Friday, and two suspects remained at large, authorities said.

They face charges that include conspiracy, drug possession with intent to deliver and money laundering, according to a federal grand jury indictment unsealed Friday in Detroit.

U.S. Attorney Stephen J. Murphy said local and federal authorities have been after the ring since 2000 and recently were able to pull several old cases together from many different states.

Authorities said the gang dealt in "multi-kilogram" quantities of cocaine. Since 1999, authorities seized cocaine from the group in Polk County, Texas; Flagstaff, Ariz.; Kansas City, Mo.; Collin County, Texas; Crawford County, Ark.; Florissant, Mo.; St. Louis; and Woodland Hills, Calif.

The gang bought more than $1 million worth of winning lottery tickets at inflated prices "in an effort to launder the cash through legitimate means," Murphy said. They would then use the winnings to purchase homes and vehicles, hiding the fact that the true source of the money was drug sales.

Sandi Carter, assistant special agent in the Detroit office of the Internal Revenue Service, said the gang was able to find the winning Daily 4 lottery tickets through contacts in the Detroit area.

According to the indictment, the gang was led by Terry L. Flenory, 35, of Los Angeles, and his brother, Demetrius E. Flenory, 45, of Atlanta.

They started the ring in the Detroit area in the mid-1990s, and it spread to other states as it became more successful, authorities said. Members would use vehicles with hidden compartments to transport the cash from cocaine sales, authorities said.

The gang also bought and leased luxury cars and real estate through false names to conceal the source of their money, the indictment said. Corso alleged that the gang leaders used their ties to rap musicians to find luxury car brokers.

Authorities said they will seek forfeiture of 10 homes, 18 vehicles and $1.2 million that already have been confiscated. The homes are located in the Detroit and Los Angeles areas.

Murphy said local and federal authorities had touched the edges of the organization for years but had not tied their work together until recently. Investigators were able to link old cases through telephones used by the Flenory brothers, he said.
      These guys aren't revolutionaries and don't have a socio-political theory that guides them. They're just dope dealers who tried to break into the music industry.

Dr. William Mackey Jr. (R.I.P.)

-A master teacher who truly deserves to be eternally remembered.

Thumbs Up/Down

Well i was claiming 93 Gangsta Blood for the longest, then when i was in the belly i met some Gods that had all the answers ---- BGF isnt a gang- its bigger than that, u got BGF members who are lawyers and doctors, its main purpose is protection of your black brothers (and sisters). Dont confuse BGF with BMF (the real black mafia) some people may be involved with both but they are two seperate entities
      http://www.myspace.com/getthamoneynrun

Power Equality Allah Cees Everything

AfroNinpo is offline Media Assassin!

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

Oh, yeah...I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackeyite
      These guys aren't revolutionaries and don't have a socio-political theory that guides them. They're just dope dealers who tried to break into the music industry.
      I know...but I have heard rumors that they are related. But if the BGF are such revolutionaries...then why do they back sellouts such as 50 Cent? (G-G-G...)
      Nuk Khapera Heru'ur
      The Greatest Revenge Is MASSIVE Success!

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

The BGF is a prison gang and it has little or no affiliation to street gangs. And the BGF was a west coast thang...

Thumbs Up/Down

BGF has big numbers on the EC, Kool G Rap is BGF, it started in the 70s ---- they were called the rifle something others... i forget. i know BGF cats, its all firsthand - u can only join in the bing - u gotta go thru the 8 trials, one is slashing a white inmate
      http://www.myspace.com/getthamoneynrun

Power Equality Allah Cees Everything

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information