Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

View Poll Results: 1993: Who, What, Where were you?

Voters
    33. You may not vote on this poll
    • don't even ask

5 15.15%
    • its was the best of times; it was the worst of times

11 33.33%
    • i forget

2 6.06%
    • why you gettin all personal?

1 3.03%
    • i remember like it was yesterday

14 42.42%
    Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
      Kimani is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0
      Given: 0/0

1993: Who, What, Where were you?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      "I've known rivers, ancient dusky rivers, my soul has grown deep like the rivers..." --Hughes

I've known rivers too; what about you?; "who?" "what?" "where?" were you in 1993 Share with Your Comrades!
      "The problem with modern conceptualizations is it leaves no room for other sources of knowledge...The Kemetic concept approaches the process of knowing from a more 'common sense' approach. Ultimately knowing is the result of a divine, universal, and intergenerational conversation among God the creator, the cosmos, nature and the creatures of the earth, especially human beings...the process of human creativity is an imitation or rather repitition of divine creativity."--Jacob Carruthers

Kimani is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

1993: wasnt conscious yet, but very interested in black stuff, read a lot of poetry by black writers; had actually just started college @ JSU, played in the Sonic Boom for a minute, traveled to New Orleans alot (dont ask), wasnt really focused, drank my first beer and smoked my first blunt this year; met some guys in college that were just like me, it was weird, we hung out a lot; one of my most cherished moments was when hundreds of students would pile up in the "Union" @ 12pm to watch "All My Children" (note that we were in Mississippi)...
      "The problem with modern conceptualizations is it leaves no room for other sources of knowledge...The Kemetic concept approaches the process of knowing from a more 'common sense' approach. Ultimately knowing is the result of a divine, universal, and intergenerational conversation among God the creator, the cosmos, nature and the creatures of the earth, especially human beings...the process of human creativity is an imitation or rather repitition of divine creativity."--Jacob Carruthers

Thumbs Up/Down

1993 was the year that I moved from Anchorage, AK, to Memphis, TN tranferring to LeMoyne-Owen College (HBCU) from the U. of AK, Anchorage.

1993 was the year that I first layed eyes on Atlanta,GA and was in love at first-sight, though I came to overstand that "all that glitteres isn't gold" in later years after I moved there.

1993 was the year that I had the only converstion in my "life" with by biological 'father'. Umph, interesting that I recall that.

It was also the year that I came to realize through "worldly" eyes why my mother left the city of her birth and rarely returned.
      "Humpty Dumpty was PUSHED"

UrukHai is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

In the land of the Turkish people. I loved the people and the places there but the poverty there makes ours very pale in comparison. I gave generously of my time and money to the old people and the children.

I took an American football with me. I shared the love of the game with them and when it was time for me to leave in 1994, I left the ball with the biggest boy there. Shudda seen them leave the basketball court when I showed up with AMERIKALI FUTBOL! That was the good part.

The bad part was my hateful supervisor. He was never gon get promoted, and he knew it. He took it out on everyone in our office. Leadership by antagonism. My 2+ years there was heavan and hell at the same time.

UrukHai is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by CreatorsCollege
      1993 was the year that I moved from Anchorage, AK, to Memphis, TN tranferring to LeMoyne-Owen College (HBCU) from the U. of AK, Anchorage.

1993 was the year that I first layed eyes on Atlanta,GA and was in love at first-sight, though I came to overstand that "all that glitteres isn't gold" in later years after I moved there.

1993 was the year that I had the only converstion in my "life" with by biological 'father'. Umph, interesting that I recall that.

It was also the year that I came to realize through "worldly" eyes why my mother left the city of her birth and rarely returned.
      Where was the bad part of Atlanta? I want to stay away from there. When I went by Atlanta it was on the north east side. I just remember hating the highway system roads there.

Nefertiti is offline TOO BLACK TOO STRONG!!!

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 2/0
      Given: 5/0

Exclamation hmmmm in '93'

Hmmmmm I was just 17 that was 13 years ago so do the math, I left home at 17 And havent been back! It has been an interesting journey from that time until now, Seen alot of places met and known alot of people Learned alot of things And I remember around that time in my life I started to "wake up"..............Peace

Shombay is offline Black Power!!

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 3/0

In 1993 I lived my life primarily as a Nigger. Even though a didnt look at myself as that at the time of course, thats how I would classify my behavior then, now. I'm being a little hard on myself but I was just like millions of our young brothers then and now. I was raised to be Black Conscious by my Grandmother as early as 6 years old but she died in 88', so my teens which is a very serious time for Black Boys, became controlled by the system that the white man set up for us. I was selling crack a hundred miles a minute. I was wearing 100 dollar polo shirts, 60 guess pants, spending so much money supporting these homosexual white designers, who dont give a fuck about Black People. I drove a 300zx, fresh outta high school, I graduated high school in 93. I used to hit all the parties, NY, NJ, later on every where else on the East Coast. Me and my boys had aspirations of selling weight outta state which we eventually did. We just was over taken by the Nigger mentality. Black boys who got our Leadership from other black boys who were just as lost as we were. We recieved our ultimate leadership from white supremacy and its materialism values that were set out to destroy us through videos, music and movies. Believe it or not I fully new what I was doing was wrong but I justified it through circumstance. Not to mention at that time in my young life I wasn't strong enough to reject it. In 1993 I was an instrument in one of the white mans still existing plan to kill the Black Family. Thats why now I have a vendetta against never being an instrument again. I worked for that Devil once, I wont work for him again.
      Black Love

Elisa Keisha is offline Moderator

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 3/0

I was 8.... and enjoyin life

Elisa Marvena Nyarai

SANKOFA Asociación Cultural
      www.myspace.com/sankofacultura
      http://sankofacultura.blogspot.com

WombanAuset is offline Sacred Militant Womb-Man

Thumbs Up/Down

I was 12...daddy's little girl...minister's daughter..mama's joy...child...with long hair..got my 1st pair of name brand shoes..Kswiss outta JcPenny Catalog..walking up to Crenshaw Plaza every day with my sister,eating a big bag of popcorn on the way up there...
      Ahoofe ntua ka, suban pa na hia- physical beauty does not count much, it is good character that counts.
      See a black man dead, from a white man's powder
      See a white man scared, from a black man's power~Timbaland

MidWestGirl is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

I was just turning 13 and wishing I was dead....My mom had just remarried and I was still dealing with a lot of unhealthy things that happened in her last marriage.....Needless to say, I was NOT in the mood for another stepdaddy!! It was also the age that I got my first real boyfriend: No Comment...lol...
      Puberty: No Comment....
      Had no friends....

We should stop telling kids that "your teenage years are the best years of your life"....You're basically saying: Its all downhill after high-school!!!!!!!

Mine were the worst years and I'm glad I got it out the way early...I am midway into my 20's and so far....I can't complain...

I have a few good 93' memories, but not enough that I would go back!
      Living life to the fullest everyday...

John P. is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

93...hmm

93...i was always moving, my dad was dealing and we move like every 2 weeks, but we finally found a spot mid-way thru the year.

93...the year he got caught and thrown in for 3 or 4

93...one of my wildest years as a child, i was fighting alot dayum near eveyday, parents came to my house alot complain about my bullying. "napoleons complex, i guess"

93...was when i started stealing alot also, my older cousin taught me.

93...that was the year my boy Bud talked me into throwing ah match in the alley dumpster. that blaze went crazy and almost completely destroyed my neighbors house.

93...got alot of memories but those are a few....to think i was only 8...1
      I'm like Martin Luther king, people listen to me alot/
      it's non-violent non-violent, till i'm hit wita rock/
      then it's coretta fuck this, gone hand me my glock/ -50cent

Gotta dope dealers bop, wita righteous state of mind/
      Guess i'm half of my pops, enlighten by the qu'ran/- ME

astudent is offline Premium Member

Thumbs Up/Down

In 93 I was 31 years old, married to a cheating husband, mother to a cute lil 4year old daughter that kept me from losing my mind, and wanting to do great bodily harm to her father!

Thumbs Up/Down

Rainsin Hell For The Beast

I was in Olivet college in Olivet, MI. This is the year after the so-called "race riot" took place. WHY DID THEY EVEN ACCEPT MY APP??? My Baba shoulda known not to send me there and i had been conscious since 87'..lol. Never-the-less, this freshman became Minister of Information/Defense in the Afrikan Caucus ...a position i wasnt mentally ready to carry at that time being so young, angry and misguided. I met 2 of the most important elders in my life in Dr. Ken Durgans and Baba Clinton Hymen. To make a long story short I basically got my mad ass kicked outta college for reasons i wont discuss. Actions of the people I represented being counter-revolutionary and flat out fake ass Afrikans played a major role on this situation. The funny thing is that they all got the paper, but I got the love...

So my experience was not for naught!!

Uhuru Afrikan people and forward ever with stuggle

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 2/0

Talking in 93

in 1993 i was beggining i didnt have acess to great books then

sotito! sododo! soora masika!
      " perform truth,perform righteousness,perform kindness and avoid cruelty!"

Nipa nye abe dua na ne ho ahyia ne ho. Or, Se mmerenkensono si ne ti ase a, na ewo dea asase reka kyere no. Also, Nnua nyinaa bewu agya abe.

Escobar is offline sharecropper

Thumbs Up/Down

Unhappy

1993 i was like 6

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information