View Poll Results: which liberation form is most necessary for africans?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • economic

16 32.65%
  • political

9 18.37%
  • spiritual

11 22.45%
    0 0%
  • cultural

8 16.33%
  • other

5 10.20%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: which form of liberation is most necessary?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

which form of liberation is most necessary?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    for Africans? i know we need ALL(some may disagree) but in your opinion, if there could only be one, FIRST, which would it be?

Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up/Down

We need collective economics first and foremost. We need to have our own money to rebuild our communities and build superior educational institutions for our children. We also need collective economics to help our brothers and sisters who are suffering in the Motherland.
    All of us may not live to see the higher accomplishment of an African Empire—so strong and powerful, as to compel the respect of mankind, but we in our life-time can so work and act as to make the dream a possibility within another generation.-Marcus Garvey

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0

Quote Originally Posted by naturallyme
    for Africans? i know we need ALL(some may disagree) but in your opinion, if there could only be one, FIRST, which would it be?
    "Seek ye first the POLITICAL kingdom...all else shall follow therein"--Kwame Nkrumah (I like this quote because I like how Nkrumah played the "biblical" angle)

Thumbs Up/Down

You don't include cultural so I chose "other". Many people argue that culture carries with it distinct imperatives for economic, political, and spiritual liberation. Cultural would be my vote if it were an option. Much of what is listed can be subsumed under that banner.

SN
    "A shield is not made on the battlefield"
    -Afrikan proverb

Black Survival Network http://www.blacksurvivalnetwork.blogspot.com/
    Click here to join our mailing list

The Afrikan Warrior Tradition
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AfricanWarriorTradition/
    Click here to join our mailing list

Thumbs Up/Down

know what? you're right. i forgot to add that. let me see if i can edit to add it. that's a very important liberation form. thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Simba Nerevu
    You don't include cultural so I chose "other". Many people argue that culture carries with it distinct imperatives for economic, political, and spiritual liberation. Cultural would be my vote if it were an option. Much of what is listed can be subsumed under that banner.

SN

Thumbs Up/Down

^^^^nope can't add it. but it should be up there. for those who voted and who will vote in the future, what are the benefits of pursuing the liberation form you chose?

Thumbs Up/Down

Booker Washington once said, "At the bottom of education, at the bottom of politics, at the bottom of religion, there must be for black folks, economic independence."

One definition of politics is that it is a struggle to determine how scarce resources will be distributed. If you are in control of no resources, how do you win the game?

All other groups of people have, first, closed their ranks economically. After that is taken care of, they then secure strategic political positions to maintain what they have. We seem to want to go against the grain and reverse the tried and true method for moving forward.

Thumbs Up/Down

^^^^nope can't add it. but it should be up there. for those who voted and who will vote in the future, what are the benefits of pursuing the liberation form you chose?
    I added Cultural for you. Also...Simba...you can vote for it now.

Thumbs Up/Down

I say spiritual because if your spirit is in-tune, all else will follow. The Akan believe sickness is a physical manifestation of a sick spirit. If you cure the spirit, the the body, communally speaking, will also be cured.

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by PapaTallTree
    I say spiritual because if your spirit is in-tune, all else will follow. The Akan believe sickness is a physical manifestation of a sick spirit. If you cure the spirit, the the body, communally speaking, will also be cured.
    *listening to roots reggea* It's gonna be interesting to see how we progress as a people. We are truely in interesting times (as the various answers to this poll indicates).

Thumbs Up/Down

thanks! preciatcha!

Quote Originally Posted by rebelAfrika*AAPRP
    I added Cultural for you. Also...Simba...you can vote for it now.

Thumbs Up/Down

The one which encompasses...

i know we need ALL(some may disagree) but in your opinion, if there could only be one, FIRST, which would it be?

I would also have to say political cuz this one shapes your goals and also helps to create the paths needed to accomplish them. In my opinion I think political encompases them all cuz politics sets the 'rules' that any free or unfree person would live by. ALSO, I belive you build a stronger force with politics cuz if the fighters knew had before them an obtainable goal the will to fight becomes more greatly increased.

Thumbs Up/Down

spiritual

first would have to be spiritual IMHO

but that is not the only one just the first one

Thumbs Up/Down

so...what is entailed in each of the revolutions? specifically the one you voted for(this is for everybody)? because perhaps that may shed more light on which revolution is most necessary...

personally, i think an economic revolution is most necessary. economic determines politics and politics determines culture, and culture determines spirituality. therefore, an economic revolution would create a trickle down effect, thereby taking care of all other areas that need to be revolutionized.

when i speak of an economic revolution, i'm talking about a complete economic overhaul. new economic system, new way of approaching problems, solving problems, new way of thinking and seeing the world. it's not just a matter of changing those in positions of power (although it's a major part of it), and working through the same system to try and make it work for the newly appointed "power holders," but moreso changing the whole system itself. i have more thoughts on this, but i'd like to get them more together.

anyone else?

Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up/Down

I answered spiritual as our ancestors in the Nile Valley seem not to have separted Mind and Spirit hence the word Sakhu (Spirit) from whence we possibly get Psychology (in Aryan terms of course). As these punks have departmentalized everything Afrikan we must adjust as neccesary! I intuit that all forms of liberation begin within the mind/spirit. Economic, cultural, gender etc., all start as mental processes that eventually manifest in the physical world. Afrikans must be caused through Sankofa to reconnect with our source of Afrikan divinity. We are simply not aware of the GOD/DESS force within us that is in tune with the Creator outside of us. I am constantly realigning myself with this and this energy connection causes me to do whatever is neccesary to free my life in all other areas. It is not separate liberation processes that we need but collective. It is the same power that caused Nat Turner to hack and stack, Aryans (the other white meat). It is the same force that caused Mama Araminta (Harriet Tubman) to move in a guerrilla manner throughout the U.S. That same power causes us to even be here having this discussion. It is power, pure Afrikan power that is intrinsically tied into the Holy spirit of the Universe, that we have given a million names and have yet to use fully for our war with this jackass, Aryan!

Afrikan Power
    Afrikan Liberation
    Afrikan Freedom!
    Now Afrikans!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information