Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bro. Iskandar Langalibalele has Transitioned

Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0
    Given: 0/0

Bro. Iskandar Langalibalele has Transitioned

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Sadly, i must report that our strong, brilliant, revolutionary Bro. King in Struggle, Iskandar Langalibalele, made his transition at approximately 5:00 a.m. today. He was 53 years old.

No further details are available at this time.
    Last edited by Im The Truth; 08-10-2009 at 10:47 PM. Reason: added image of Bro Skan
    "We must continue to move forward and do everything we can to outlaw legal lynching in America. We must continue to stand together in unity and to demand a moratorium on all executions. You must stay strong. You must continue to hold your heads up, and to be there. We will prevail. Keep marching Black people. They are killing me tonight. They are murdering me tonight." -- Excerpts of Last Words of Bro. Shaka Sankofa, an innocent man executed by the state of Texas, 6/22/00. www.myspace.com/nattyreb7

Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 30/0
    Given: 142/1

Blackicon Eek

I Am Stunned and Speechless at this time..
    Nov 2, 2015 "Assata Shakur Liberation Day" marks 36 yrs of freedom for our Comrade Assata Shakur, Our Warrior was liberated from a NJ prison by Comrades In The Black Liberation Army click here to read more or here www.assatashakur.com

Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 12/1
    Given: 7/0

Wow! I just talked to him a 2 or 3 weeks ago. Folks in the neighborhood called him "Skan". RIP Skan
    "If the enemy is not doing anything against you, you are not doing anything"
    -Ahmed Sékou Touré

"speak truth, do justice, be kind and do not do evil."
    -Baba Orunmila

"Cowardice asks the question: is it safe? Expediency asks the question: is it political? Vanity asks the question: is it popular? But conscience asks the question: is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor political, nor popular - but one must take it simply because it is right."
    --Dr. Martin L. King

Get Involved!

Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 31/0
    Given: 13/0

Heru of min(*d)~...Peace be unto you

Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0

Tributes to our Bro. are pouring into his Facebook page. Below is what i posted there:

Much, much peace to you strong Bro. Words are failing me, because all i can think about is how you always had my back, you showed me maximum respect, even when we disagreed, you treated me like a Queen. They say a true revolutionary is motivated by love for the people, that is you, my Bro., truly in love with your people and against those who would oppress and annihilate everyone and everything on the planet. Talk about somebody who would make it plain, whew! What a brilliant mind, prolific author, creative genius, electrifying propagandist, incredible historian, and unstoppable political educator. Just a real good, get down, old school, brother in struggle. You will be very sorely missed!, much, much, love and here's a facebook poke for ya :-). Nuff respect due, my dear Bro., fly away and join the ranks of our esteemed ancestors. A'she.
    ------

His contributions, personally and politically, will be incredibly and very deeply missed.

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

Message from: Mrs. Evelyn Rasco (mother of the Scott Sisters)

I want to express my deepest sympathy for Bro. Iskandar's family. I didn't know him personally, but he emailed me about two weeks ago letting me know that he was helping with my girls' case, Jamie and Gladys Scott. He has done so much work to assist Nancy and everyone on the committee to free my girls, so I am very hurt over his passing away. I am glad that I got the chance to say thank you to him for all that he had done and was still trying to do until his death. God bless his family, he will truly be missed. He was a true fighter and a true humanitarian. We lost a fighter for people that didn't even know me, but he knew my cause of injustice and jumped in.

Rest in peace, Bro. Iskandar.

Evelyn Rasco, her grandkids, and Jamie and Gladys Scott
    "We must continue to move forward and do everything we can to outlaw legal lynching in America. We must continue to stand together in unity and to demand a moratorium on all executions. You must stay strong. You must continue to hold your heads up, and to be there. We will prevail. Keep marching Black people. They are killing me tonight. They are murdering me tonight." -- Excerpts of Last Words of Bro. Shaka Sankofa, an innocent man executed by the state of Texas, 6/22/00. www.myspace.com/nattyreb7

Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Given: 6/0

R.I.U. Brother Iskandar

Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 2/0

Peace Brother

The Dead are Never Dead Those who are dead have never gone away.
    They are in the shadows darkening around,
    They are in the shadows fading into day,
    The dead are not under the ground.
    They are in the trees that quiver,
    They are in the woods that weep,
    They are in the waters of the rivers,
    They are in the waters that sleep.
    They are in the crowds, they are in the homestead.The dead are never dead.by Birago Diop
    Facing east: "For our ancestors of the distant past."
    Facing west: "For our recent living dead."
    Facing north: "For our living."Facing south: "For our yet unborn."
    We will look for you in the whirlwind and the storm. Thank YOU And Peace, Asani

Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/1
    Given: 15/0

Unhappy Bro. Iskandar Langalibalele Will Be Sorely Missed!

Family members of Bro. Iskandar Langalibalele made the sad announcement that he passed away yesterday morning at 5:00 a.m. at the age of 53. This was surprisingly unexpected and as such further details are not available at this time. Tributes to our Bro. are pouring into his Facebook page.

His contributions, personally and politically, will be incredibly and very deeply missed.

This Bros. writings are phenomenal, please check them out and understand the fullness of his genius, speaking truth on behalf of the oppressed, and profound legacy of political analysis and fierce struggle.

Mbantunyankompong
    Kilombo Republic
    Umshini Wam
    Whispering Art
    http://afrospear.wordpress.com/
    KILOMBO REPUBLIC II
    Thirty eight years ago on 12/04/2009 the united snakes murdered Fred Hampton & Mark Clark, this date also marks the 6 year anniversary of the launching of this site in solidarity of these martyrs.

Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Given: 6/0

This Black August 2009, I am knowing that the Universe, the Orishas and a multitude of Ancestors; including Malcolm, Marcus, Martin, Samora Machel, Kwame Nkrumah and George Jackson all dance, rejoice and celebrate in the heavens as they welcome with open arms..our beloved brother, selfless warrior/comrade in arms and loving friend, Iskandar Langalibale. You are loved, appreciated and will be deeply missed. RIP

Off The Chain... On The Way To A Revolution
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 3/0

That brother's fire will forever burn ... he is a source of consciousness. He has shined a light on dark places for me and has guided me in my own journey

I'll miss his presence and words of contribution on the board.

These are his words:
    MAROONS FOREVER!

Until the end of Imperialism.

Building our compounds for freedom fighting and reclaiming our People and our Motherland! AFRICA MUST BE FREE!

Uhuru, my brother!!! We will win this battle side by side, arm in arm, machete by machete, one African at a time. Forward ever, backwards NEVER!

Black Power Coalition Group
    LANGALIBALELE -
    Maroon Forever
    RIP

Thumbs Up/Down

Rest in Uhuru
    Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it. ~ Malcolm X ~

Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0

I was away for a while helping with the new addition to the family.

With death comes life......Brother Langalibalele passed 5am
    And my little niece came into the world at 9.50am

His present will greatly be missed but his words will live on forever.

R.I.U.
    "We may be investigated, incarcerated or murdered for the things we dare to write...
    But we are young and Black, fearless and free...
    Every poem, every incandescent word is a personal revolution"
    Celeste "ayasha" Golden (my queen rest well and I'll see you when I get there.)
    http://awrittenlifeapoeticsoul.blogspot.com/
    http://justiseverything.blogspot.com/

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Given: 5/0

The last time I saw him he came over to see my new house he walked through the house up and down and said "Neff I like this spot" and I said "You really like it skan" we sat on my porch and ate birthday cake because it was my kids birthday couple days before,... we talked as we always did about everything...I was his student! he left my house about 9:30 I gave him a hug and kissed him on the cheek and said "you gone be ok skan" He said"yeah neff" I didnt know this was going to be the last time I was to see him!!...WoW...skan loved his people he was Diplomatic, Knowledgeable, reserved, and Humorous...He was brilliant R.I.U...skan

Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Given: 7/0

Bro. Iskandar's brother, Clarencio, posted the following on his Facebook page:

Please come to the memorial service for Iskandar Langalibalele on Sunday, August 16th 2009 @ 11am. It will be held at 401 W. Commons. Pittsburgh, Pa 15212. There is a park just west of the address. Though there are no benches or chairs available, feel free to bring your own chair or blankets. This service is for all who want to attend. If you want to contribute some food or libation please bring it. I only ask that you exclude any swine products. The service will begin at 11am (promptly???) and might end after the last word is spoken and the last mouth has been feed. If you have some drums or other musical instrument to play, well bring that too.

I love this gift that God gave us but took back way too soon,... and I miss him too. Please come and celebrate the life, with me and my family, of my brother Iskandar.
    "If the enemy is not doing anything against you, you are not doing anything"
    -Ahmed Sékou Touré

"speak truth, do justice, be kind and do not do evil."
    -Baba Orunmila

"Cowardice asks the question: is it safe? Expediency asks the question: is it political? Vanity asks the question: is it popular? But conscience asks the question: is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor political, nor popular - but one must take it simply because it is right."
    --Dr. Martin L. King

Get Involved!

Thumbs Up/Down

Both the Kingman and I send out the deepest condolences to the family in regards to brother Langalibalele's passing. However i have bliss in my heart the brother has reached the Ites

he is now a spirit guide and his role as warrior is no less diminished if not more important than ever before.

May Brother Langalibalele always help lead us to freedom and liberation as he always wished to see in his beautiful stay with us. Brother help give us strength in these serious times so that you as well as all the ancestors can truly rest in peace that our Mighty Race is truly free.

Keep the Temple/Body clean and the MIND will follow…celebrate Positive Afrikan identity!
    I am Ama: The Child of the Most Ancient - Yetzion 2012
    http://www.genesisradio.co.uk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information