Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 30/0
    Given: 142/1

Arrow 5 Step Program for Beginning Pan-Africanists and Afrocentrists

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    5 Step Program for Beginning Pan-Africanists and Afrocentrists
    Ifaeshunreincarnated

New to Pan-africanism? new to Afrocentricity? Well, you need a plan. start with these 5 simple steps to embracing your african identity more.

1 Starting reading.
    Get a good book list of spiritual, political and cultural titles and began reading regularly. Share the contents with anyone that will listen, but if possible with those that share your interest. Start examining life through the theories and ideas presented in the books. Decide which ones make more sense and match your reality. Try to look for afrocentric and pan-african titles, but also read books that advance theories that you disagree with entirely - it important to be an informed advocate and balanced dissenter. As you learn more about your culture and become astute about politics and social theories - put them into practice.

2 Find an activist mentor.
    Develop a friendship and working relationship with someone that is actively involved in grassroots efforts in your community. This may take some effort, as you will have to identify and able person and earn their trust. Volunteer to help them by sharing some skill set you have to their efforts. Learn the fundamentals of organizational structure, communication, program development and implementation. Try to get a mixture of experiences if possible. Work with mainstream (like nonprofits) and non-traditional organizations (like the national united black front or a more "revolutionary or pan-african org".

3 Find a spiritual mentor.
    This person doesnt have to be a clergy, but they should be somebody with whom you can discuss spiritual matters from an african perspective. That is they have some knowledge of ethics, spirit and life from an african perspective. If someone like this is not available, go to the most open, and moral elder that you are comfortable with sharing. Work your way into it, but develop a frank and open relationship with this person. Share your desire for self, community, nation and world. Start to broaden your knowledge and perspective through listening, sharing and implementing their advice.

5 Develop a plan for Self Improvement.
    Write down 5 positive and 5 negative things about yourself. Now underneath each positive write down 2 things you can do to increase this good trait. Underneath each negative one write down 3 things you can do to decrease this negative trait.As your knowledge of self increases, add, subtract and evaluate this list. Only create and use this list if you are determined to be entirely truthful and frank with yourself. This may be uncomfortable, but you must try to be as honest with yourself as possible.

Some indicators of Success:

- start to feel more comfortable expressing, wearing and living african culture. (religions, political affiliations, dress, etc)
    - more educated and well read
    - more practical experience through involvement
    - ability to follow and lead.
    - development of new friend base that is complementary to your efforts.
    - develop relationships with elders that share your ideals (and this is especially important for adults. we need elders too!)
    - comfortable with change
    - ability to see yourself as you are.
    - ability to see yourself as you can be.
    - ability to plan and implement
    - less anxiety associated with being different than others.
    Nov 2, 2015 "Assata Shakur Liberation Day" marks 36 yrs of freedom for our Comrade Assata Shakur, Our Warrior was liberated from a NJ prison by Comrades In The Black Liberation Army click here to read more or here www.assatashakur.com

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 11/0
    Given: 0/0

Yeah boy! This is one of my first posts. Where did u find this? lol Yall got archives man..lol
    All is Well. Workin' Hard - Tryin' to Save Time for Fam. Check in Periodically.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/0

Bumppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!
    Ahoofe ntua ka, suban pa na hia- physical beauty does not count much, it is good character that counts.
    See a black man dead, from a white man's powder
    See a white man scared, from a black man's power~Timbaland

Afrika iz my Block but tha whole Earth iz my Hood
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0

bumpppppppppp

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/0

Bump it like an old school jam
    Ahoofe ntua ka, suban pa na hia- physical beauty does not count much, it is good character that counts.
    See a black man dead, from a white man's powder
    See a white man scared, from a black man's power~Timbaland

Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0
    Given: 2/0

Once again very useful info, thanks for the post

Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up/Down

This is a righteous thread!
    All of us may not live to see the higher accomplishment of an African Empire—so strong and powerful, as to compel the respect of mankind, but we in our life-time can so work and act as to make the dream a possibility within another generation.-Marcus Garvey

Land of the Little Pan-African Cloth Peoples
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/1

Let us return

Thumbs Up/Down

Thanks African

Quote Originally Posted by XXPANTHAXX
    5 Step Program for Beginning Pan-Africanists and Afrocentrists
    Ifaeshunreincarnated

New to Pan-africanism? new to Afrocentricity? Well, you need a plan. start with these 5 simple steps to embracing your african identity more.

1 Starting reading.
    Get a good book list of spiritual, political and cultural titles and began reading regularly. Share the contents with anyone that will listen, but if possible with those that share your interest. Start examining life through the theories and ideas presented in the books. Decide which ones make more sense and match your reality. Try to look for afrocentric and pan-african titles, but also read books that advance theories that you disagree with entirely - it important to be an informed advocate and balanced dissenter. As you learn more about your culture and become astute about politics and social theories - put them into practice.

2 Find an activist mentor.
    Develop a friendship and working relationship with someone that is actively involved in grassroots efforts in your community. This may take some effort, as you will have to identify and able person and earn their trust. Volunteer to help them by sharing some skill set you have to their efforts. Learn the fundamentals of organizational structure, communication, program development and implementation. Try to get a mixture of experiences if possible. Work with mainstream (like nonprofits) and non-traditional organizations (like the national united black front or a more "revolutionary or pan-african org".

3 Find a spiritual mentor.
    This person doesnt have to be a clergy, but they should be somebody with whom you can discuss spiritual matters from an african perspective. That is they have some knowledge of ethics, spirit and life from an african perspective. If someone like this is not available, go to the most open, and moral elder that you are comfortable with sharing. Work your way into it, but develop a frank and open relationship with this person. Share your desire for self, community, nation and world. Start to broaden your knowledge and perspective through listening, sharing and implementing their advice.

5 Develop a plan for Self Improvement.
    Write down 5 positive and 5 negative things about yourself. Now underneath each positive write down 2 things you can do to increase this good trait. Underneath each negative one write down 3 things you can do to decrease this negative trait.As your knowledge of self increases, add, subtract and evaluate this list. Only create and use this list if you are determined to be entirely truthful and frank with yourself. This may be uncomfortable, but you must try to be as honest with yourself as possible.

Some indicators of Success:

- start to feel more comfortable expressing, wearing and living african culture. (religions, political affiliations, dress, etc)
    - more educated and well read
    - more practical experience through involvement
    - ability to follow and lead.
    - development of new friend base that is complementary to your efforts.
    - develop relationships with elders that share your ideals (and this is especially important for adults. we need elders too!)
    - comfortable with change
    - ability to see yourself as you are.
    - ability to see yourself as you can be.
    - ability to plan and implement
    - less anxiety associated with being different than others.
    Thanks African. This is very helpful. And, it is encouraging. Osagyefo, along with Malcolm X, taught us that history is our best teacher and that ideology is a product of our history. To know our history, we must read. Do not simply memorize zionist propaganda. I mean, go to the primary sources of historical knowledge, one of which is the Holy Bible in the Semitic languages. (Note that those parts that are translated from Greek and Latin are not primary sources. They are secondary sources, or hearsay.) Kwame Ture was a serious reader. He encouraged us to read all of the time.

For those of us who are Muslims, we need only to recall that Allah commands us to read. We are not given the choice not to read. When Qur'an was first Revealed, the first word that the Angel Gabriel spoke to Muhammad (Peace and Blessings be upon him) was "Read".

Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0

Great post I am always doing step 1 and I have written down step for step 5 I come here but I hope to find some one to talk to in person for step 2 and 3 not being silly or anything but what is step 4
    "We may be investigated, incarcerated or murdered for the things we dare to write...
    But we are young and Black, fearless and free...
    Every poem, every incandescent word is a personal revolution"
    Celeste "ayasha" Golden (my queen rest well and I'll see you when I get there.)
    http://awrittenlifeapoeticsoul.blogspot.com/
    http://justiseverything.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up/Down

Asante Sana

Definitely a catalyst for re-educating myself. I appreciate the guidance, Family. I'm a scholar by nature, therefore 100% student.

Developing my own personal plan for self improvement has taken years, but while I continue to read, research and build on new (and destroy old) concepts, ideologies and philosophies centered around Afrikan core values and history, I appreciate how much easier it has become for me to embrace my new knowledge of self.

Finding an activist mentor has proven to be more of a challenge than finding a spiritual mentor, but I feel as though that part of my journey is no longer an obstacle. I'm grateful and thankful to be an active member of this site and most importantly an active Komrade in the struggle. Peace and Revolutionary Blessings. Let's build.
    "Some of the laws of revolution are so simple they seem impossible. People think that in order for something to work, it has to be complicated, but a lot of times the opposite is true. We usually reach success by putting the simple truths that we know into practice." -Assata Shakur

Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up/Down

I am still searching for a spiritual mentor. This is a really good guide.
    "Oh Africa! When shall be the term of thy long degradation? Behold here, even now, I pledge thee, O my Mother, that I shall devote my years to thee, shall work for thy redemption, shall love thee and be proud of thee and glory in thy power now lying dormant and shall strive to bring it to the light. Take my youth, my labors, my love, my all and do thou when I shall have died for thee, take me to thy bosom, an untamed, untamable African." -Hubert Harrison

Thumbs Up/Down

Wow this is great advice for sisters and brothers who are just getting started out like myself .. sometimes im so lost .. my biggest issue right now is How do you reach the young people .. i have to make that change from being around unconscious to conscious people and its hard.

Thread Information