Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Attention Warriors!!! Mama Assata Needs Your Help!!!

Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 30/0
    Given: 142/1

Blackicon Hello Attention Warriors!!! Mama Assata Needs Your Help!!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/jersey...9784178400.xml
    The enemy is intensifying its efforts at catching our beloved Sister, we must make sure every member of this forum knows of and can defend the honor of Sister Queen Assata, we must make her name a household word like Malcolm X, Kwame Nkrumah, Martin Luther King, Winnie Mandela, Bob Marley etc. we must ensure that everyone who is a member of this forum, can and will defend our Warrior Queen verbally and if need be physically, know this also, we will be watched closer than before, its time to close ranks.. come on yall this is for real... lets get free and keep their nasty hoofs off of Assata!!!

ps looking for ideas and suggesting on how to agitate, organize and mobilize this forum named in her honor.

Call, Fax, and Distribute one the Flyer Attached
    English »
    Flier: http://www.assatashakur.org/docs/the_facts_2005.pdf
    Flier: http://assatashakur.org/docs/flyer_assata2.pdf
    Spanish »
    Flier: http://assatashakur.org/docs/flyer_spanish.pdf
    Message to the Caribbean: http://assatashakur.org/docs/MessagetoCaribbean.pdf

updated: May 12th, 2005 - Spanish Flier Changes made at 11:48 AM

IDEAS SO FAR:
    1. A Flyer that can be downloaded and distributed by YOU.
      Completed..
    2. An avatar that can be used here and at other boards as a conversation starter.
      Completed.
    3. Page on Assata Speaks where people can refer others to information and this thread at the Forum.
      Completed.
    4. Banners that webmasters can post and that members can use as signatures @ other forums, posted below.
      Completed.
    5. Hands Off Assata Shakur Campaign June 4, 2005, theme, demands, flyer
      Under Construction.

APPROVED BANNERS for members to use and to distribute:
    (please place them in your signatures on all boards (where allowed) or on your websites and ask all websites where you hang out to host a banner. It should be linked back to Assata Shakur Speaks! (you will find a link to this story and the messageboard on the front page of the Assata Speaks! site)

Animated

Static

Animated
    Nov 2, 2015 "Assata Shakur Liberation Day" marks 36 yrs of freedom for our Comrade Assata Shakur, Our Warrior was liberated from a NJ prison by Comrades In The Black Liberation Army click here to read more or here www.assatashakur.com

Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up/Down

Lightbulb A Bounty On Our Sister Queen's Head

Feds are offering a $1 million reward to snare Assata Shakur, now in Cuba
    Monday, May 02, 2005
    BY RICK HEPP
    Star-Ledger Staff
    The U.S. Department of Justice has posted a $1 million bounty for the capture of New Jersey's most-wanted fugitive: Assata Shakur, the former Black Liberation Army member who escaped a state prison a quarter of a century ago.

The reward will be announced by Attorney General Peter Harvey and State Police Superintendent Rick Fuentes at the State Police headquarters in West Trenton today, -- the 32nd anniversary of the slaying of state Trooper Werner Foerster during a gunfight on the New Jersey Turnpike. Chesimard was convicted of murdering Foerster by shooting him twice as he lay wounded.
    The $1 million will be the largest reward ever set by the federal government on a New Jersey fugitive, state police say. Police had offered $150,000 for Assata's capture since 1998.

Authorities know Assata is living in Cuba under political asylum. They hope this new reward will provide more incentive for bounty hunters.

"She is now 120 pounds of money," State Police Superintendent Rick Fuentes said. "It is going to exert pressures that weren't in place nationally and internationally before. And we're going to follow up to make sure everybody is aware of this both inside and outside of Cuba."

Harvey and Fuentes also will announce that the Justice Department has placed Chesimard on a variety of international terrorist watch lists for the first time.

"We owe it to the family (of the slain trooper)," Fuentes said. "We owe it to the New Jersey State Police and we owe it to every citizen in the state of New Jersey to bring her back and we will."

Harvey and Fuentes last Friday were on hand with troopers and Foerster's family to name a Route 18 bridge in East Brunswick over the Turnpike the Werner Foerster Overpass.

Chesimard, now 57 and living under the name Assata Shakur, was convicted in 1977 by a Middlesex County jury of murdering Foerster during a gunbattle on the New Jersey Turnpike in East Brunswick. A second trooper, James Harper, was wounded.

The 1973 shootout began minutes after Harper pulled over Chesimard and two companions for a faulty tail light, according to State Police files. Foerster, patrolling nearby, responded to provide back up.

The troopers asked the driver, Sundiata, to step out of the vehicle after his license did not match the sedan's registration, the files show. As Foerster questioned Sundiata, Harper walked around the car to speak with Assata and her brother-in-law, Zayd Shakur.

That's when shots were fired from within the car and both troopers returned fire, according to police. A bullet struck Foerster, knocking him to the ground and leaving him incapacitated.

"Assata aledgely then took the weapon away from Foerster and shot him in the neck and head," Fuentes said. "This isn't the result of a toe-to-toe exchange. This is an execution and there's a clear distinction."

Assata's attorneys denied she shot Foerster, saying she was too seriously wounded to pull a trigger after being struck twice by shots from Harper's gun.

After the vehicle drove away, Harper, dazed from a gunshot wound to the left shoulder, staggered to a nearby State Police barracks.

Within minutes, police found the vehicle abandoned on the side of the road five miles south of the shooting, the files show. Troopers arrested Assata after she walked toward them with her hands in the air. The body of Zayd, who died in the gunfight, was found near the car.

Sundiata, whom troopers saw running from the car, was captured the next day in a wooded area in East Brunswick. Now 67, he remains in a Pennsylvania prison serving a life sentence. Last August, a state parole board panel denied his request for release.

In 1979, Assata escaped from the Clinton Correctional Institution for Women in Hunterdon County -- now known as the Edna Mahan Correctional Facility for Women -- when three gunmen posing as visitors took two guards hostage and drove her out of the facility's maximum-security unit in a van.

Three months ago, State Police sent Lt. Col. Juan Mattos to an international policing conference in the Dominican Republic to ask Caribbean, Central American and South American authorities for help in arresting Chesimard.

"We want to make sure she does not have a way to escape from Cuba and we want to apply pressure to her while she is in Cuba," Harvey said.

About a year ago, Harvey and Fuentes approached Joseph Billy, then Special Agent in Charge of the FBI's Newark office and now deputy assistant director for counter-intelligence in Washington, D.C. Billy helped them apply to the FBI to increase the reward. Harvey and Fuentes presented their arguments directly to FBI Director Robert Mueller, and U.S. Attorney General Alberto Gonzales signed the order last Thursday.

Rick Hepp covers criminal justice. He can be reached at rhepp@starledger.com or (609) 989-0398.
    Nov 2, 2015 "Assata Shakur Liberation Day" marks 36 yrs of freedom for our Comrade Assata Shakur, Our Warrior was liberated from a NJ prison by Comrades In The Black Liberation Army click here to read more or here www.assatashakur.com

Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0
    Given: 0/0

I personally feel disarmed over here but I remember us talkin about designing pamphlets or sumthin like this. What type of advertisin is being done?
    Let everybody who knows the name assata shakur (even if its only from rap songs) know that she is still in danger n that they can help.

Elisa Marvena Nyarai

SANKOFA Asociación Cultural
    www.myspace.com/sankofacultura
    http://sankofacultura.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up/Down

Lightbulb

Sister Queen Elisa,
    there is more than enough information on this site to start the process of raising our People's consciousness to the plight that our Warrior Queen faces, we will provide a organized response in regards to the forum, the fact that this resource center in her honor exists is a testimony to the determination we have, we must put these tools to use, Agitate, Organize, Mobilize!

Raise this discussion among friends and loved ones, goto www.assatashakur.org print out the articles, distribute them, like you are the only one doing it... Click here to hear a: Message from Assata Orgainze, Organize, Organize!!!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/0

Brother thank you for this post. I have already sent it out to ALL my peeps. I had reccently become aware that the pressure put on her/Us has been intensified. A brother of mine had seen a wanted poster back in February up in the post office and tore it down. I agree, we definately need to be prepared to defend our mother/Sister Assata! Once again Medase, thank you for this.
    I know the front page of this site gives Mother/Sister Assata's personal statement, and I have read her book, but do you know any links to articles recently put out in her defense that speaks against this outrage?!

Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by XXPANTHAXX
    Sister Queen Elisa,
    there is more than enough information on this site to start the process of raising our People's consciousness to the plight that our Warrior Queen faces, we will provide a organized response in regards to the forum, the fact that this resource center in her honor exists is a testimony to the determination we have, we must put these tools to use, Agitate, Organize, Mobilize!

Raise this discussion among friends and loved ones, goto www.assatashakur.org print out the articles, distribute them, like you are the only one doing it...
    Like I said, I really doont have any idea of what is being done for assata out in the streets... but yeah it could be good to make all this info known for those who dont have internet access or just havent reached this page...

if things get too ugly (as its gettin) I will try to find some info in spanish and/or translate myself and destribute it

Elisa Marvena Nyarai

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 11/0

Quote Originally Posted by Mekeda7
    Brother thank you for this post. I have already sent it out to ALL my peeps. I had reccently become aware that the pressure put on her/Us has been intensified. A brother of mine had seen a wanted poster back in February up in the post office and tore it down. I agree, we definately need to be prepared to defend our mother/Sister Assata! Once again Medase, thank you for this.
    I know the front page of this site gives Mother/Sister Assata's personal statement, and I have read her book, but do you know any links to articles recently put out in her defense that speaks against this outrage?!
    the articles page has some new pieces surrounding Assata. some are concerning the NJ Police's efforts to force Cuba to surrender her. Rest assured if they are unsuccessful, they will try again upon Castro's death.

Seems to me our focus should be directed at Cuban residents. Do we want to draft a letter to the Cuban gov't and to any cuban organizations to tell them to resist the temptation to turn in one of our freedom fighters? Through any means; contacting Cuban musicians that can reach cuban audiences, writing local churches, sending notice to local universities..something along that line -- Show your love for our Movement, but Showing your love to Assata...

What do folks think?
    All is Well. Workin' Hard - Tryin' to Save Time for Fam. Check in Periodically.

Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up/Down

ok seems like I can help here, if necessary, translatin stuff or whateva for cuban population... whath yall think? are we gonn do this?

Elisa Marvena Nyarai

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 11/0

I will be issuing a statement of support on Roots and Rooted within a day. I think all of us that run sites should be the same. I get about 500 visitors each month. Each and everyone of them will see the front page feature story: Support Assata. I will leave it up at least two months before I move it to the general articles section.
    All is Well. Workin' Hard - Tryin' to Save Time for Fam. Check in Periodically.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0

get your camouflaged vest and gun and go to war

Thumbs Up/Down

Pour Out That Passion...

FLYER DITRIBUTION IS KEY, WORD OF MOUTH IS ESSENTIAL IN RAISING THE AWARENESS OF THE INTENTION TOWARD OUR SISTER..
    CLOSING RANKS AND POURING OUT THAT PASSION IN HER DEFENSE BE IT VERBALLY OR IN WHAT EVER MANNER THAT COMES ...
    Nandii THE SPELL OF AFRICA IS UPON ME

Thumbs Up/Down

hands off Assata!!!

peace and strength family!

yes by any mean necessary we must protect our Sister-Nana Assata!

suggestion/request: could someone design a flyer and link to the forum so that those of us could simply print it out, make copies and hand it out? i am so far a one woman operation in Cvill, Va. but i am on a busy campus i could use the layout skills of another warrior to make a stronger impact. bilingual would be great but the sooner the better. in the meanwhile i'll hook something up with the info on this forum.

guidance.
    justice for Ayiti!!!

Thumbs Up/Down

Lightbulb One Great plan!

Draft a letter to the Cuban gov't and to any cuban organizations to tell them to resist the temptation to turn in one of our freedom fighters?
    I think this is a great idea!!! If a letter was 'drafted' and copied it could be sent by the thousands from everywhere!! Pass them out and ask they be forwarded to the Cuban Government...
    Nandii THE SPELL OF AFRICA IS UPON ME

Westland, Michigan: Home of the American Nazi Party
    Thumbs Up/Down

5/2/2005
    Assata Shakur Bounty Increased to $1 Million; Added to Terror List
    From http://www.playahata.com/
    Filed under: * Hood News — The Underground @ 6:19 pm

$1M reward for Chesimard gets bounty hunter’s attention
    By WAYNE PARRY
    The Associated Press

EWING, N.J. - Joanne Chesimard just got a whole lot more attractive to Louis Faccone.

The Woodbridge man, who makes his living tracking down wanted fugitives, was at a press conference Monday in which the reward for Chesimard, the killer of a New Jersey state trooper, was upped to $1 million.

The move came on the 32nd anniversary of the slaying of Trooper Werner Foerster during a traffic stop in Middlesex County. Chesimard was convicted of the 1973 killing, but has been on the lam since supporters broke her out of a state prison in 1979.

She has been living in Cuba under the protection of Fidel Castro’s government for most of that time. Garden State officials have failed to pressure Cuba to hand over Chesimard, 57, who goes by the name Assata Shakur.

“I’m going to jump on it,” said Faccone, who most recently tracked down and hauled in John Forrest, a fugitive ticket broker who stiffed customers for hundreds of thousands of dollars before fleeing to Cancun, Mexico.

Faccone earned $100,000 for that capture last September - one-tenth of what he stands to make by finding the Black Liberation Army radical. He’s already making preparations. He says he has a two-man team already in Mexico that could be deployed to Cuba on short notice after receiving good information about where Chesimard is located at a particular moment.

“My guys can get in there in the middle of the night by boat from the Florida Keys,” he said. “If we can get to within a 3-mile radius of where she is, I feel confident we can get in, grab her, get on a boat and get her out.”

That’s exactly the sort of response State Police Superintendent Col. Rick Fuentes is hoping for with the higher reward.

“Bounty hunters do this all the time,” he said. “That’s their stock in trade.”

There’s one important catch, though: Chesimard must be brought back alive. If she is killed in a capture attempt, the reward dies with her.

“The goal is to bring a fully functional, no-assembly-required fugitive back home to New Jersey so she can finish out her term of imprisonment,” Fuentes said.

Foerster responded as backup when another trooper had stopped Chesimard and two companions for a faulty tail light on the New Jersey Turnpike in East Brunswick. Shots soon rang out and Foerster was hit. As he lay on the ground, authorities said, Chesimard took his gun and fatally shot him.

Her brother-in-law was killed in the gun battle and another man was arrested. Clark Squire is serving a life sentence in a Pennsylvania prison and was denied parole last August.

Although she had long been on the watch lists maintained by federal agencies such as the FBI and the Bureau Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Chesimard’s name was added Monday to the FBI’s wanted list of domestic terrorism suspects.

“Anyone of the mind-set that would execute a police officer once they were on the ground” is dangerous enough to be considered a domestic terrorism threat, Fuentes said.

The money from the United States Justice Department was personally approved by Attorney General Alberto Gonzalez.

“It both sends and reinforces a strong message that the passage of time does not diminish the intent and energy of the State Police and FBI to bring this fugitive to justice and to serve out her ordered term of imprisonment,” Fuentes said.
    Jonah Nadir Omowale
    www.distortedsoul.com
    "It's not enough to write a revolutionary song.
    You must fashion the revolution with the people,
    and if you fashion it with the people, the songs
    will come by themselves and of themselves."
    - Ahmed Sekou Toure

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0

Oh Damn...

Peace,

I will be bringing this to the attention of my fellow comrades and revolutionaries in general. I really hope the sista has close people by her side who will remain loyal and protect her. She is a value to us as a people and the government knows this. She is a threat to these Roman-imperialistic-capitalist pigs even in exile, that's how much of a strong influence she has.

And let me say this, if the "Romans" (the government) gets a hold of her..There's going to be a huge cry of revolutionaries/radicals/freedom fighters/miltants/poets..you name it ready to lash out. Believe me, the out come of her capture is not going to be taken lightly by many of her supporters.

I believe the Romans are tryings to shun any political figure who can cause the masses to rebel. So far they have either killed many of our leaders, or locked them in the belly of the beast (with many facing death row)

I pray to Allah to watch over our warrior queen. But be ready sisters and brothers, as they try to silence another one of our great leaders, this is apart of their plan to "tame us" and to defeat our struggle.

Until then, be alert and continue to keep your eyes open.

Peace...
    Forward to ONE Unified Liberated Africa

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information