SUMMER PROGRAM COORDINATOR
Seasonal Part-time Position
St. Louis SCORES is a recreationally-linked education program that combines creative writing and soccer activities for urban youth in St. Louis public schools. Please visit www.AmericaSCORES.org for more information.
The Summer Program Coordinator is responsible for assisting with the planning and management of all aspects of the after-school creative writing and soccer program. This is a challenging and rewarding position, offering substantial opportunities for creativity and leadership. The Summer Program Coordinator reports to the Executive Director of St. Louis SCORES.
Who should apply:
This is an excellent leadership opportunity for those with a background in teaching, coaching or camping programs that require seasonal employment that fits their experience in encouraging youth success, supporting staff and delivering worthwhile programming.
- Providing on-site direction and support to creative writing teachers, soccer coaches, and volunteers after-school and on game days;
- Communicating with St. Louis SCORES’ teachers, soccer coaches and volunteers;
- Communicating with parents, school officials, and community organizations
- Assisting with planning and organizing the end-of-program celebration; and
- Overseeing game day logistics;
- Maintaining program records
The right candidate believes in the potential of programs that stress education and sports in the lives of children. They are willing to demonstrate initiative and prepared to exercise leadership. The ideal candidate has experience working in a public school setting or is comfortable working with children. Job requirements include the following:
- Equal passion for education, the sport of soccer and youth development;
- Good communication skills with a range of people
- Highly productive work style;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Basic computer skills
- Two years college experience preferred;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
This is a temporary, part time position with a pay rate of $12-15 an hour. The Summer Coordinator will work an average of 20 hours a week for 6 weeks beginning in June and ending before August 1, 2005.
How to Apply:
Mail or email resume by June 14 to the attention of:
Executive Director, St. Louis SCORES
211 North Broadway, Suite 1260, St. Louis, Missouri 63102
NO PHONE CALLS, FAXES, OR HAND DELIVERED RESUMES PLEASE.
St. Louis SCORES is an equal-opportunity employer committed to recruiting and maintaining a diverse staff; individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. St. Louis SCORES does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parenthood, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.