Forgot your password?

Jalili is offline Continuing the Fight

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0
      Given: 0/0

Pretty for a dark skin girl?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM3AQYVI1w0]YouTube - Pretty for a dark skin girl?[/ame]
      "We may be investigated, incarcerated or murdered for the things we dare to write...
      But we are young and Black, fearless and free...
      Every poem, every incandescent word is a personal revolution"
      Celeste "ayasha" Golden (my queen rest well and I'll see you when I get there.)
      http://awrittenlifeapoeticsoul.blogspot.com/
      http://justiseverything.blogspot.com/

Sourakhata is offline Proud Son of West Afrika

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0

Just jaw-dropping ! It never ceases to amaze me how our Queens are so beautiful & fascinating, as a matter of fact I could carry on watching this video all day long without interruption!

Black queen of beauty, thou hast given color to the world!
      Among other women thou art royal and the fairest!
      Like the brightest jewels in the regal diadem,
      Shin'st thou, Goddess of Africa, Nature's purest emblem!
      Black men worship at they virginal shrine of purest love,
      Because in thine eyes are virtue's steady and holy mark.
      As we see no other, clothed in silk or fine linen,
      From ancient Venus, the Goddess, to mythical Helen.

Marcus Mosiah Garvey

And no matter what game they play
      We got something they could never take away
      And it's the fire (fire), it's the fire (fire)
      That's burning down everything
      Feel that fire (fire), the fire (fire)
      No water could put out this fire (fire)

Nika is offline Warrior

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Sourakhata View Post
      Black queen of beauty, thou hast given color to the world! Among other women thou art royal and the fairest!
      Like the brightest jewels in the regal diadem,
      Shin'st thou, Goddess of Africa, Nature's purest emblem!
      Black men worship at they virginal shrine of purest love,
      Because in thine eyes are virtue's steady and holy mark.
      As we see no other, clothed in silk or fine linen,
      From ancient Venus, the Goddess, to mythical Helen.

Marcus Mosiah Garvey
      This has made my day and has touched my heart deeply I wish every black Queen could hear this...thank you for posting it...
      I AM Morowa "Queen"
      ---------------------------
      "Like Cain and Abel, Caesar and Brutus, Jesus and Judas, back stabbers do this..."

Im The Truth is offline Organizer

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 9/1
      Given: 7/0

I meant to reply to this a while ago. Cuz when I saw the title I thought to myself dang how many times have I heard that, "Pretty for a dark skin girl?". I remember this dark skin girl I knew who was telling me how she'd be ugly if she didn't have slanted eyes like Asians. I thought to myself like wow!
      "If the enemy is not doing anything against you, you are not doing anything"
      -Ahmed Sékou Touré

"speak truth, do justice, be kind and do not do evil."
      -Baba Orunmila

"Cowardice asks the question: is it safe? Expediency asks the question: is it political? Vanity asks the question: is it popular? But conscience asks the question: is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor political, nor popular - but one must take it simply because it is right."
      --Dr. Martin L. King

Get Involved!

sangarariver is offline Warrior

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

Pretty for a dark skin girl

Point being, that there are layers and layers and centuries and centuries of self hate, transferred to others beside us in our communities, all based on all of us, being subjected and subjugated to oppression, exploitation, immeasurable losses, historical experiences of powerless (from losing parents and siblings to loss of language, religion and more), that resides generationally in our senses, and is activated, conscious or not, in our daily language and the daily environment which continues to replicate these symbols and imagery that get absorbed by us simply being here and awake cognitively and perceptually.

Our revolution must, always include healing of our selves and near and far communities, of our very human responses and experiences, in the face and history and historical legacies, of oppression.
      Last edited by sangarariver; 07-23-2009 at 07:49 PM.

Thumbs Up/Down
      Given: 1/0

The black women is the most beautiful being God has ever created. Not only is she a pillar of beauty and grace but she is a pillar strength that stands as strong as the strongest monolith. On the other hand the black woman (next to the black man) has been the most victimized and unprotected person in America and abroad. The black woman has been exploited and disrespected while good men sit on the sidelines and watch.

We must protect, love, and respect our women. If they are threatened then we must kill for our women. We must affirm her and support her and let her know that she is loved and respected.

Sistahs_Keeper is offline Moderator

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Strongbrotha87 View Post
      The black women is the most beautiful being God has ever created. Not only is she a pillar of beauty and grace but she is a pillar strength that stands as strong as the strongest monolith. On the other hand the black woman (next to the black man) has been the most victimized and unprotected person in America and abroad. The black woman has been exploited and disrespected while good men sit on the sidelines and watch.

We must protect, love, and respect our women. If they are threatened then we must kill for our women. We must affirm her and support her and let her know that she is loved and respected.
      How good can a man be, acknowledging a problem only to "...sit on the sidelines and watch"? A good man would change what he is unhappy with. The same thing for Black Women who I agree have been victimized. But, I believe we are always given more than one option with everything in life. We always have the option of pushing for change if we are unhappy or accepting and conforming if we're not. Sometimes it's just a matter of saying yes or no. Yes, I will be a victim, or No, I won't have it any longer. Once you speak it, act on it.
      "Some of the laws of revolution are so simple they seem impossible. People think that in order for something to work, it has to be complicated, but a lot of times the opposite is true. We usually reach success by putting the simple truths that we know into practice." -Assata Shakur

Thumbs Up/Down
      Given: 1/0

Quote Originally Posted by Sistahs_Keeper View Post
      How good can a man be, acknowledging a problem only to "...sit on the sidelines and watch"? A good man would change what he is unhappy with. The same thing for Black Women who I agree have been victimized. But, I believe we are always given more than one option with everything in life. We always have the option of pushing for change if we are unhappy or accepting and conforming if we're not. Sometimes it's just a matter of saying yes or no. Yes, I will be a victim, or No, I won't have it any longer. Once you speak it, act on it.
      You make a compelling point sister. The reason being, people have a lack of knowledge of what they perceive power to be. many fail to realize that power in and of itself relies on a simple choice to change what is affecting you negatively and translate into an advantage that works best for you and those around you. There are good men and women who most definitley feel powerless because that is what they have been brainwashed their wholes lives to believe; that power only exist financially.

Anayansi is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

I am not black... I am Latina.

I think that black women have beautiful skin color, great bodies and sensual lips.
      People from other races try to imitate black women by tanning, perming, curling eyelashes, booty implants, lip injections.
      Black women stay younger longer.

I think that what makes us Latinas sexy is the allure that we get from our African genes.
      My AV represents the Harpy Eagle, whichis the national bird of Panama. It is an endangered species that nests high in the forests of regions that go from Mexico to South America.

Thread Information