Most businesses start out small. As a new business owner you need to know your federal tax responsibilities. This page provides links to basic federal tax information for people who are starting a business. It also provides information to assist in making basic business decisions. The list should not be construed as all-inclusive. Other steps may be appropriate for your specific type of business. Click on the link above to read articles in each of these sections.
- Is it a Business or a Hobby?
- Selecting a Business Structure
- Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Business Taxes
- When Do I Start My Tax Year?
- Selecting an Accounting Method
- Checklist for Starting a Business
- Establishing a Retirement Plan
- Small Business Publications