Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
      IfasehunReincarnated is offline Never Let Them Disrespect the Ancestors

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0
      Given: 0/0

What business do you own?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      What kinds of businesses, small or large do you own? Share w/ the warriors.
      All is Well. Workin' Hard - Tryin' to Save Time for Fam. Check in Periodically.

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0

Speakers Strategic Coaching(TM)

Name: Speakers Strategic Coaching(TM)

Services: On-site, On-Demand Professional Language Coaching
      Emerging Markets Consulting

Market:Language Coaching: Professionals and Corporations who desire to improve their professional English-language skills to world-class standards.

Coaching Areas: Professional Workplace Communication, Time-Management, Personal Performance Excellence, Setting S.M.A.R.T. Goals, Overview of Financial Planning and Current Economic Events are coaching topics that provide the bases for English-language skill enhancement and what I call Knowledge-Fuluency(TM) - knowledge-transfer that enables "Speakers" to not only speaking English, but have relevant and useful information to talk about.

Egyptian English-Language Market Potential: Exponential. Berlitz, the dominant Language service provider generates over $100,000 per month revenue.

STRENGTHS:
      Native (American) English Seaker;
      B.B.A. -Lemoyne-Owen College '95
      Professional Experience and Accomplishments in KEY Areas such as Consulting, IT Project Management, Process and Change Management, Call Center Operations including Technical and Customer Support

Previous Clients: IBM/Lotus, Mid-West Consulting Group, Hewlet-Packard, Promus Corp. (Harrah's Entertainment), Verizon-Wireless

Note: Clients = Previous Employers. The game is to be SOLD, not to be TOLD!

WEAKNESSES:

Time: The maximum R.O.T. (Return on Time) -income is limited to the number of Coaching hours that I am available to coach. ONE MAN SHOW.

Capital: Growth toward builing a brand and market expansion is limited due to the capital requirements. SEE OPPORTUNITIES/THREATS

Marketing: Marketing as deliberately been kept targeted, and "word of mouth" to stay below the radar of "Big Worm"/Gov't. SEE THREATS.

Physical Space:

The cost and logistics of establishing a physical coaching presence is time and cost intensive. The Regulatory and capital overhead is cost-prohibitive. This has been overcome by turning this weakness into a strength (on-site, on-demand coaching), promoted to potential clients as less-disruptive to routines and maintaining a familiar, pro-learning environment = FREE FACILITIES, holla!

OPPORTUNITIES:

Branding: The market opportinity to Establish Speakers Strategic Coaching/Speakers Professional Languace Coaching(TM) as a market presence vis-a-vis "Berlitz" is size-able and do-able.

Franchising: Adapting or extending the Speakers(TM) Business Model into a Franchising opportunity "do-able" and may provide a low-cost, revenue stream. Further research about the mechanics of franchising is needed.

Limited Partnerships: Partnering with an outside investor to grow Speakers has existed from the beginning. Egypt is a "low trust" business environment. SEE THREATS.

USAID: The Uintes States Agency for International Development has begun to focus on improving education standards in Developing Countries. I can't be bothered with the guv'ment like that. Who knows.

Emerging Market Consulting: Assisting SMEs (Small to Medium Sized Enterprises) with marketing, sales, Customer service, logistics and IT operations has been done on a very small scale as market research. Ability/willingness to pay for services is a string consideration.

REVENUE: Offering below-market prices has allowed Speakers(TM) to attract business and establish a low-key presence in the market. Improved Coaching Methodology/Deliveryand increased market understanding support an increased fee structure. A scheduled fee increase has already been implemented for 2006.

THREATS:

Regulatory: Currently, Commercial Invoices are submitted to clients through a local partner who is remitted 10% of the contract terms. Operating through a third-party limits market flexibility, and the agreement is informal, which could end at the third-party's discression, interrupting business flow.

THIS THREAT MUST BE OVERCOME DURING THE FIRST-QUARTER OF 2006.

What's in a 'name'? Characterizing Speakers(TM) as a "Consulting" firm removes the regulatory standards and burden established for 'Education' Service Providers and maximizes the flexibility of Speakers'(TM) ability to engage in non-linear projects and opportunities.

Limited Partner: "It's all in the fine print." A Limited Partnership as a business entity will allow Speakers(TM) to "go legit" in the local market without the capital requirements of a Foreign Entity, or Branch Office of a Foreign Company. An Iron-clad Partnership agreement has been drafted and awaits implementation. A local partner has been vetted and been deemed "controlable."

Business Environment
      : Ethics and honesty are foreign words and concepts in the local market. Respect for Intillectual Property rights is very low. Securing payment is less of an issue because full-payment for services before Coaching begins is a business rule.

CONCLUSION:

Being used to eating, it was incumbent upon me to "find a way, or make one" in order to sustain myself in a foreign country. Harnessing the knowledge, skills and abilities that I have earned in the United States are my only "tools." The ultimate benefit has been the ability to turn knowledge into know-how, a key skill in a globalized, knowledge-based world. "If it is to be, it's up to me," and "Don't make me &%$# you up, Smo-keey" help me get it done, and push through this "ball of confusion."

It is my expressed and desired goal to harmonize my Coaching methodology with that of the Inernation Associatio of Coashes (of which I am a member) and extend or move my operations to a member-state of ECOWAS (Economic Commonwealth of African States) and do the damn thang there.

Egypt has provided me the space, freedom and opportunity to "work-out" my plan, and I must say that I have been encouraged and supported in my endeavors by almost every person that I have had contact.

That said, they're still Arabs, in their minds, they ARE NOT Egyptian if they don't "get you." I used to show out, but now I understand that their motivation to gain the advantage in trade is part of their culture. I STILL 'AINT HAVIN' IT. I had to dig deep and find the Nino Brown in me.

Being African has opened as many or more doors for me than being from America.

Governments world-wide go out of their way to make it hard for the man on the street to come up. I counter that by not asking for permission. Though capital is the first consideration that people think of when starting a business is thought about, it truly should not be primary.

Market research, organization and planning should be put first. The trick is to use "money" capital only when necessary or unavoidable. "Human" Capital -knowledge, skills and ability will always be the most valuable assets in any "organization." The three magic questions are:

1. What is your market?
      2. Who is your customer?
      3. What is your product/service?

The value-added to any product or service is the key differentiator between your offering and the competition. Knowing what that is and how the customer benefits from it is the corner-stone of sales and marketing. In business, one is truly "trying to help Ike," and whether Ike likes it or not, NEEDS help.

The means, methods and ways that you ensure that your service or product ultimately benefits your customer's customer (and you should know who that is), or if your customer is the end-user of your product or service is what support is your "Brand." It is intangible, and the "soul" of a business.

The simple philosophy of keeping your business human-centered and keeping your promises is the most powerful success formula that I have found.

Building on what makes my business different, and ensuring a successful outcome by eating what's on my plate (the customer before me) is BRAND BUILDING. Flyers, commericals, brochures, etc. is advertising!

I have clear lines drawn in my life that extend to my business: ON MY SIDE/NOT ON MY SIDE. In my envrionment, I must suffer those who have been conditioned to see reasons why my ideas won't work, or can't work in Egypt. I ask them why to gain better understanding of their world-view and for potential obstacles, but that does not mean they have convinced me to not do it.

CLEAR YOUR "SPACE" OF ANYONE WHO IS NOT TRYING TO HELP OR SUPPORT YOU IN YOUR SUCCESS IN EVERY AREA OF YOUR LIFE.

For me, that includes relatives, I CHOOSE MY FAMILY. Learn the difference, and then, LIBERATION will take on a whole new meaning.

Failure is nothing but unintended consequences. Unless I want to live on a farm in the middle of Tennessee, I got nowhere to go but UP. As long as I draw breath, that's the only direction I look. IT'S ALL EDUCATION TO ME, AND THAT'S ON EVERYTHING.

Side-note: I went ice-skating last week and only fell once, and I can only roller-skate forwards!!

FEAR is the enemy and gate-keeper of liberation. Accept winning and success as natural outcomes of what you do. Failure is perception, and a servant of fear.

Side story
      : Before I came back to Egypt, I had to travel from Tuscon to LA to clear my passport of a repatriation loan that I received in 2002. The train was late, and I missed my appointment. Had to make another one. Had to spend the night. Paid $75.00 for a hotel the first-nite, and resented it.

The second day I got played and had to come back THE NEXT DAY. I didn't wanna spend another $70.00 for a hotel room. I was walking in Venice Park and noticed the home-free people whillin'. They called me over, and I chilled with them 'till it got dark.

I asked them 'bout how they "live," 'cause I had already decided that I was gonna sleep in the park and wanted them to "cover" me. I had a ball, and learned that my worst fear of being "homeless" was nothing to fear at all.

Though I was upset that my plans for LA did not go as I had intended, I learned something very valuable and am grateful for the experience. I wound up spending the money that I would have payed to Day's Inn with my new peeps, but I condiser it my tuition for Intro to Freedom.

BE FEARLESS. WIN MORE. ACCEPT SUCCESS. AVIOD SCARED PEOPLE -THEY'RE AGENTS!!

Peace!
      "Humpty Dumpty was PUSHED"

General is offline Premium Member

Thumbs Up/Down

Uhuru Sasa

MATAH Network, Black Channel of Distribution, along with Dudley Products.
      Partially Compro-Tax which is the Nations largest black tax company. This is where the revolution begins with reducing our taxes to this system. Everyone should be involved with Compro-Tax.

Black books distributor.

I'm opened as well/trying to escape the system. Doing some knowledge on Real Estate. Have a few unique niches in there. Outside of this I have a plantation job that I work around YT's. I really don't want to be around them.

Mosi Ngozi is offline Pan-Afrikanist

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 9/0
      Given: 16/1

I own a commerical/residental cleaning service. It is a small business but i am trying to expand the business.I presently employee 3 others besides myself.
      You are here because you know something,what you
      know you can't explain,but you feel it.You've felt it
      your entire life; that theres something wrong with the
      world.You don't know what it is but it's there; a
      splinter in your mind... the matrix

Mamazen is offline Eco Friendly And Green!!

Land of the Little Pan-African Cloth Peoples
      Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/1

I own a small organic fruit and vegetable company. I just bought and relocated to a very small but well established orchard with enough space to grow what I really want to grow.

I have alot of challenges ahead of me with this expansion.

Thumbs Up/Down

Non-profit consulting. Grant writing, community engagement & planning, professional development and executive coaching. etc.

Teach. Teach continuing education grant writing class through community college network.

Web dev. Build websites for nonprofits and small businesses.

Landlord. Wife and I just bought our first investment property, which we rent out. Hoping to buy at least two more in 2006.

Thumbs Up/Down

no one else owns anything? has a side "hustle"? teachs drumming or dance class? sell incense? makes clothes? etc etc.

list all your independent endeavors.

Mosi Ngozi is offline Pan-Afrikanist

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 9/0
      Given: 16/1

I also do security at a local Latin bar on weekends and i also do automotive repair and welding. And during hurricane season i install and remove hurricane/ storm shutters.
      You are here because you know something,what you
      know you can't explain,but you feel it.You've felt it
      your entire life; that theres something wrong with the
      world.You don't know what it is but it's there; a
      splinter in your mind... the matrix

Thumbs Up/Down

Distribute for Afrikan World Books. Dudley's Products. Thats about it for now. I plan on purchasing a house perhaps towards the end of 2006. Well, I sell "I love being Black" Buttons, "Do For Self" buttons. Thats basically it, I have some studying to do so to stay employed so nothing serious will be happening. Just Propoganda, Organizing and strategizing. You all may want to connect to Compro Tax the Nations largest black tax company in the U.S.

WombanAuset is offline Sacred Militant Womb-Man

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 2/0

Herbal mouthwash,vegan baked items, might start selling insence on the side.
      Ahoofe ntua ka, suban pa na hia- physical beauty does not count much, it is good character that counts.
      See a black man dead, from a white man's powder
      See a white man scared, from a black man's power~Timbaland

Raha is offline Be EASY.

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

I have a few "hustles" that are still in the planning stages.
      Pyrrhic Victory (New songs are up!): http://www.reverbnation.com/pyrrhicvictory

Some people take themselves WAY TOO SERIOUSLY, when in actuality, no one else is really taking them as seriously as they think.

Thumbs Up/Down

Landlord. Wife and I just bought our first investment property, which we rent out. Hoping to buy at least two more in 2006.
      Are Afrikan people now Land Lords. Are we Lords of the lands? The term land lords comes from Europe where they had serfs and peasants. We though must become owners and producers though I wouldn't call myself a Landlord. Alright, I got U back brother for my Amos Wilson statements. Put this in ridiculous statements on here. You are now officially a member of the ridiculous statements.

Thumbs Up/Down

I'm doing my MSc Environmental Health full time at the moment, but I'm a Loctician as well, also thinkng about getting into some other stuff to generate school fees............l'm open for suggestions...

Nefertiti is offline TOO BLACK TOO STRONG!!!

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 2/0
      Given: 5/0

Arrow

Im currently writing books so Im trying to get this author thing going, ya know trying to become an author,And me and my girlfriend TRYING to open up a boutique

Priestess is offline PRIESTESS BLK NATIONALIST

Thumbs Up/Down

We sell pro Black Tees

Hotep

We have several exclusive exceptional "pro Black" tees and thangs gift shops:

~LUV My Natural Hair
      ~Black Watch Afrocentric
      ~Kwanzaa
      ~Respect the Black Women

All can be found at
      ~Nubian Goddess Shopping Mall~
      http://www.geocities.com/jywanza1/Shop.html

We LUV be'n BLACK....

Peace and Respect
      Priestess Jywanza ~)o(~
      Last edited by Priestess; 03-26-2006 at 08:13 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information