Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
      BlackQueen is offline Pan-Afrikan Nationalist

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0
      Given: 0/0

What kind of business would you start?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      I would want to start a natural hair care salon and educate brothers and sisters about holistic health and hair care. i know how to do locs, and have been reading about holistic health.
      All of us may not live to see the higher accomplishment of an African Empire—so strong and powerful, as to compel the respect of mankind, but we in our life-time can so work and act as to make the dream a possibility within another generation.-Marcus Garvey

Nefertiti is offline TOO BLACK TOO STRONG!!!

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 2/0
      Given: 5/0

A Afrikan artifacts store and selling my children's books I authored out the store too!...In which now I'm looking into doing both

BlkSpartacus is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

Im looking to start a Spa and health clinic in the hood for my .Where Im at theres a great amount of hard working people and at the end of the day something reasonable and can relax them would be worth it.
      "You think if there really is a God, he would agree with the man that shot Joanne Chesimard(F*** Naw) You listen what I learn to tell, I got a prophecy them crackers that framed Herman Bell gonna burn in Hell.". Saigon

Fenix is offline aFROdemic

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by BlackQueen View Post
      I would want to start a natural hair care salon and educate brothers and sisters about holistic health and hair care. i know how to do locs, and have been reading about holistic health.
      Let me know when you get that going because my hair could use the help!

As for starting a business, I'd like to have a publication of some sort. Maybe a magazine or a newspaper or something like that.
      "Oh Africa! When shall be the term of thy long degradation? Behold here, even now, I pledge thee, O my Mother, that I shall devote my years to thee, shall work for thy redemption, shall love thee and be proud of thee and glory in thy power now lying dormant and shall strive to bring it to the light. Take my youth, my labors, my love, my all and do thou when I shall have died for thee, take me to thy bosom, an untamed, untamable African." -Hubert Harrison

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

Will do,sista comrade. We gotta look our best in the struggle.
      Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
      Let me know when you get that going because my hair could use the help!

As for starting a business, I'd like to have a publication of some sort. Maybe a magazine or a newspaper or something like that.
      All of us may not live to see the higher accomplishment of an African Empire—so strong and powerful, as to compel the respect of mankind, but we in our life-time can so work and act as to make the dream a possibility within another generation.-Marcus Garvey

YorubaQueen is offline Warrior

Thumbs Up/Down

Peace...
      For those of yall that are wanting to start a holistic spa/hair care business...check this sistah's place out...and her interview with me... She is on point...
      http://www.kosmik-kare.com/aboutus.htm
      http://theurbanitemagazine.com/36.html
      http://theurbanitemagazine.com/37.html

HTH

YQ

BTW: She is also starting her own line of holistic hair care and body care products...I'm sure u can contact her about purchasing them because she is in the process of expanding that line as we speak..
      African Americans are psuedo-citizens, descendants of slaves whose purpose is to discover and fulfill our destiny... Rites of Passage Funtunfanafu 2005

Verbal Diaspora

Jalili is offline Continuing the Fight

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0

Being a writer and advid reader.....I want to start not only a bookstore a school and a lounge to chill out read and possibly fellowship (like a bookclub coffee house) But I also want to open my own library with OUR books in huge supply for our people to read.
      "We may be investigated, incarcerated or murdered for the things we dare to write...
      But we are young and Black, fearless and free...
      Every poem, every incandescent word is a personal revolution"
      Celeste "ayasha" Golden (my queen rest well and I'll see you when I get there.)
      http://awrittenlifeapoeticsoul.blogspot.com/
      http://justiseverything.blogspot.com/

Elisa Keisha is offline Moderator

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 3/0

i had also liked the idea of a multidimensional place. some center where i could create a space for each one of my orientation.
      I would like to have craft from me and any other people willing to share and participate, a corner to show and sell handmade jewelery, paintings and clothes. another corner to sell music, again from me or any other people wiling to share and participate! the music will be playing and people could dance and grove to it while deciding if they want to purchase something.

and of course, a library, to sit and read or to buy books.

so it would be good to at least be able to offer tea or any other kind of drinkin. but for that you need a different license and it gets more expensive, but if that could be possible then I would also have some stands and fridges with homecooked food, people could eat it there or take it away.

As a center and a space for the community of course it could aslo held different activities suggested by the people. meetings, readings, movies, group meditation, and whatever.

I know its a lof of stuff but truly this is what i would love to do and i think its just a good idea and dont really know why i havent run across such place already.

Elisa Marvena Nyarai

SANKOFA Asociación Cultural
      www.myspace.com/sankofacultura
      http://sankofacultura.blogspot.com

MsLioness is offline Administrator

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0

I wanted to open my own Afrikan Youth School....

I still do.

I was wanting enrollment and registration, as far as funds go, to be based off of what the parents are capable of paying and to have a steady relationship with people who are willing to sponsor our children who's parents cannot afford to send them to private school.

It would be open to all. K-5 and 9th-12th (if that is possible). All students must attend at least 3 years of public school...while middle school (6th-8th) is required.
      There would be a 2.0 gpa standard for all transfers.

Free tutoring.

All teachers will have to communicate with parents directly and provide letters with signatures from both parties.

Parent(s) will be required to participate in at least one activity every nine weeks. (It will be in the contract that they aware that they must participate)

I would want our Afrikan youth school to be in good standing with public schools and in constant competition in academics and attendance, as well as talent. (i am sure our students won't have to make great attempts to excel as compared to the public students....white and black and mixed)

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

"Education is the passport to the future,for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today"-Malcolm X
      Quote Originally Posted by MsLioness View Post
      I wanted to open my own Afrikan Youth School....

I still do.

I was wanting enrollment and registration, as far as funds go, to be based off of what the parents are capable of paying and to have a steady relationship with people who are willing to sponsor our children who's parents cannot afford to send them to private school.

It would be open to all. K-5 and 9th-12th (if that is possible). All students must attend at least 3 years of public school...while middle school (6th-8th) is required.
      There would be a 2.0 gpa standard for all transfers.

Free tutoring.

All teachers will have to communicate with parents directly and provide letters with signatures from both parties.

Parent(s) will be required to participate in at least one activity every nine weeks. (It will be in the contract that they aware that they must participate)

I would want our Afrikan youth school to be in good standing with public schools and in constant competition in academics and attendance, as well as talent. (i am sure our students won't have to make great attempts to excel as compared to the public students....white and black and mixed)

Im The Truth is offline Organizer

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 10/1
      Given: 7/0

I'll be starting a Small Business IT Consulting specializing in Data Management & Web Development late 2009. I have some other business ideas but one thing at a time.
      "If the enemy is not doing anything against you, you are not doing anything"
      -Ahmed Sékou Touré

"speak truth, do justice, be kind and do not do evil."
      -Baba Orunmila

"Cowardice asks the question: is it safe? Expediency asks the question: is it political? Vanity asks the question: is it popular? But conscience asks the question: is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor political, nor popular - but one must take it simply because it is right."
      --Dr. Martin L. King

Get Involved!

Up Stream is offline Premium Member

Thumbs Up/Down

1 link in the chain (respond please)

i am in the process of starting a year round exterior home maintenance service in minnesota. in the winter we shovel, summer mow lawns edge and weed wack as well as plant trees and bushes. in the fall we rake leaves. the gratest aspect of this business is that it employs 100% youth (myself being only 20) and we train the youth in the management of the business as well as the development of the business from concept, planing to implimentation. to insure productivity we will tutor in math, reading, writting, comprehension.
      this is a system which i do not claim for myself exclusivly, (although i have souly developed this idea) i encourage all who are in position to duplicate internship programs like this to do so. i have no college experience my math grammer spelling etc is less or about average. the way that i do this is networking the ideas and putting the neccessary elements in place and guide the initiative into uh.. forition. but this is one initiative with the collective organization i am putting together the organization for student youth development led by the council of student youth affairs. in closing any business could be tought to youth (timing and approach is key) provide a environment to where student youth are safe and surrounded by support ideas etc and have the S/Y understand this environment and its agenda and the youth will make progressive advancement. if anyone has advice or any comments (at all -including "constructive critisism") email me @ upstreamdemo@yahoo.com this assist me efforts for advice and critisism is a proccess simulair to tempering steel, it make me/we stronger
      violence or non-violence?

rebelAfrika is offline Pan-Africanism or Perish!

Thumbs Up/Down

I would run a combination shooting range/sporting goods (guns and ammunition)/ gunsmith (repair, modify, design, and build) shop. I wouldn't just "own" it, I'd "run" it.

Raha is offline Be EASY.

Blog Entries
      Thumbs Up/Down

Right now, I'm running my own financial advisor/teacher business through Primerica. There are several more licenses that I need to get before I'm fully licensed, but I'm working on those.
      Pyrrhic Victory (New songs are up!): http://www.reverbnation.com/pyrrhicvictory

Some people take themselves WAY TOO SERIOUSLY, when in actuality, no one else is really taking them as seriously as they think.

Thumbs Up/Down

I would open a daycare center.
      Africans are the SAVIOURS of Africans. Sister DUTCHESS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information