Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Bezaleel is offline Premium Member

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 0/0
      Given: 0/0

"Malcolm X-Ring" protected by any means!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
      I thought I would let you know that before the tragic death of Dr. Betty Shabazz, she licensed only one ring to be called "The Malcolm X-ring". The ring is patented by the U.S. Department of Congress, to Malcolm Dumas of Tampa Florida. Many "Malcolm X-rings" were sold at the Million Man March when held in Washington, DC. This ring has been held under the strictest control, for fear of it becoming like many counterfeit memorabilia. The artist has never allowed sales of this ring to anyone that would not bring honor or respect to its wearing or ownership. There is a web site that is not yet live. The address is MalcolmXring.com. The only other location I have found the "Malcolm X-ring" on the web is at this location. > http://www.malcolmxring.com/left/ <; where the "Malcolm X-ring" is still not being sold. The only reason the ring is not being sold, is to protect the ring from manufactures and distributors that have tried to steal and profit from the selling or distribution. The owner/creator/artist, still wants the "Malcolm X-ring" to be released, but not if it can not receive the proper recognition or respect. Great sacrifices went towards the creation of this historical piece of jewelry. This collection implores us to look beyond fashion and experience the essence of the legacy which Malcolm X left us. A spirit that stands out, beyond the best and becomes even larger because we know, who we are and where we are going. Specifically chosen by Dr. Betty Shabazz because of its design, quality and substance, the collection is patented and distinctly places the Malcolm X-ring tm in a class by itself. To our knowledge, there has never been a comprehensive line of jewelry, fine or costume, which has been designed, patented and manufactured by an African American, in specific tribute to an African American.

Please pass this information through to the proper channels. Lots more information and photos to be shared. This is extremely urgent. bezaleel can be reached via email: Bezaleel@FutureTouch.com. The artist would love the truth to be known. Please forgive my ignorance of how things are done on your fourm.
      Last edited by Bezaleel; 12-22-2009 at 08:06 AM.

IfasehunReincarnated is offline Never Let Them Disrespect the Ancestors

Thumbs Up/Down
      Received: 1/0

its good manners to inform us that you are selling a product before you begin your posts. you reference a site that is supposedly authorized to sell the "important" Malcolm X ring, then you give your email address, which happens to be at that very site. Indeed you may be commissioned sell the "important" Malcolm X ring, but we need you to say that outright, as opposed to inciting us to spread the "urgent" message that the "important" Malcolm X ring can only be sold by you.

Please provide proof of such claim as well. That is, prove to us that Betty Shabazz has given you permission to sell the "important" Malcolm X ring.
      All is Well. Workin' Hard - Tryin' to Save Time for Fam. Check in Periodically.

Thumbs Up/Down

so long as you are the one selling it, all products must go in the marketplace forum. no where else. no matter how "urgent" the nature of the product.

Thumbs Up/Down

"Malcolm X-Ring" protected by any means!2

Thank you for your concern. I have the document she signed and most of the press clippings + video. There are not a lot of people that even know about this ring. There was a story in “National Jeweler” magazine (the biggest jewelry trade magazine in the world. The issue is Vol. 39 No.15 August 1, 1994. There was a page full page, with only one story on it, that story was about the “Malcolm X-ring".

We have really struggled to bring this item to the public. There are so many stories about people and businesses that tried to take this item away from us. I am sure some of what was done, was illegal. Some call it business, while others say their actions were shrewd and immoral. I thank GOD we survived. Now, we want everyone to know what we, by GRACE, accomplished. I would like you to pass this information to all you can. We have a small problem getting too the masses. Please give us a little lift by posting our story where it will do the most good. I will get a couple of stories from the front page of the cities' news paper. I am not sure of the size of image allowed for post.

I am unaware of the 'Marketplace'. Can you provide a link. As far as the webpage, I only intended to provided you an opportunity where you may see the “Malcolm X-ring". By the way, how do you like it? It is very simple and bold.

Thumbs Up/Down

look above, you will notice your post is now in the "products/services" forum. this is where i moved it. the ring is pretty nice.

i apprecriate your struggle to protect your own product. understand we deal mostly in people and quality of life issues. products that do not enhance health, educational attainment, psychological or social consciousness etc.. are important to our community, but just not in the realm of "urgent" for us. if you scan the rest of the board you will notice a list of truly critical issues, like the status of black political prisoners, preventable disease and poor nutrition destroying our communities, lack of educational and economic opportunity etc.

we support your rights as a black business. and in that way we will allow the thread to exist and people can come here and read about your product. - that is how we can help.

but again, if we are going to let this post stand, my suggestion is that you provide an actual link to a scanned document proving that you got permission for Sister Betty to use her name and that of her husband's. We do not want to direct people to any product that is falsely advertised or plays to the emotional attachment that most of us have for Baba Malcolm.

Thumbs Up/Down

"Malcolm X-Ring" protected by any means!2

Thank you for helping me. I really do appreciate it. You have much grace and respect. Can you suggest a way that we can both agree on, that will be accepted as proof. My one concern is that others could take the late Dr. Betty Shabazz's signature from any document I use for proof. Even a .pdf document can be edited in the pro version. I am sure there must be a way, but we have to figure it out. If I make the image detailed, you can copy it. We definitely do not want this to happen.

Do you have any suggestions? Articles by world renowned magazines do not have signatures; however, the late Dr. Betty Shabazz was contacted by different magazines and presses to confirm her selection. Let's start somewhere so we can let my information stand with your blessing. If you can come up with any other methods, please let me know.

I will photograph some articles and clips. Will you accept documentation from the "National Jeweler" magazine?

Thread Information